Rst Selling Strips In Ibrox Primary School

The statement on their shop site says simply that the profits will be used to purchase shares in the club. If that money is used to buy shares from other investors, which they have done before, then the people buying strips on the premise that 50% of the money goes directly to Rangers are doing so under false pretenses. (tu)

They stated they are selling T- shirts for £20 generating £10 profit and that £10 will go into the club. Do you believe they're lying?

No you get a top and Rangers recieve 50% of the cash you hand over.

in return for shares going to the RST.

Shares that could of been bought by someone else, thisoney is in no way being just given to rangers by donation, it is buying the RST something.

Can I sell tickets the next time we play Celtic at over inflated prices as long as I purchase shares with some of the profit?

They stated they are selling T- shirts for £20 generating £10 profit and that £10 will go into the club. Do you believe they're lying?

I believe that, very much like their statement on RRL money, they are making statements they cannot and will not back up with evidence. (tu)

I don't believe that 50% of every sale will end up in the clubs hands directly.

As I said earlier on it could be lies/misdirection/mistakes. (tu)

Seems chunky to me, the company we buy work wear from do 25 tee shirts for 95 quid and 30 polos for 168, and that's with the logo's embroidered, if you want the heavy weight ones they are a little dearer.

in return for shares going to the RST.

Shares that could of been bought by someone else, thisoney is in no way being just given to rangers by donation, it is buying the RST something.

Has anyone claimed it's just a donation, I think they made it pretty clear the profits will used to increase their shareholding.

My advice to anyone who doesn't want to contribute to the RST increasing their shareholding is don't give them any money.

Has anyone claimed it's just a donation, I think they made it pretty clear the profits will used to increase their shareholding.

My advice to anyone who doesn't want to contribute to the RST increasing their shareholding is don't give them any money.

So to say they are giving £10 from every shirt to rangers directly is misleading, when they mean they will be buying RFC shares with £10 from every T-shirt.

So to say they are giving £10 from every shirt to rangers directly is misleading, when they mean they will be buying RFC shares with £10 from every T-shirt.

Its not misleading if they purchase the shares via a share issue just as they stated they would. The money would go directly into the club and they would get shares in return.

What gives you the impression that their stated intentions are misleading?

Why. He stands back and riles them up, They start to abuse men woman and children, he starts arguments with anyone that doesn't support his view on the sos page, he then runs and hides and allows his sheep to then abuse and threaten you, then bans you. How is that not scum like behaviour. Whenever something goes against him, he plays the victim, even when brought upon himself by his actions

Watches games in bar72 while his minions are outside boycotting games and hurling abuse at real fans.

Its not misleading if they purchase the shares via a share issue just as they stated they would. The money would go directly into the club and they would get shares in return.

What gives you the impression that their stated intentions are misleading?

Just the use of the word "give", to me it give me the impression of giving something to someone and not expecting anything in return.

Was I the ring leader in the poster in here abusing others. Nope I wasn't, is ch the ringleader at all his petty protests, yes he is.

No till ch starts to condemn the actions of his group of sheep then he is scum.

Petty protests? Scum? At least he got up off his arse. I wonder what you were doing back when the shit was hitting the fan...?

back the board and the people running the club

Oh.

I dare say if you stopped at give and ignored the part that said in exchange for shares then I can see why you got the wrong impression.

They market these as slternatives to the official merch. They say "if you want your money to go to the Club then buy a shirt from us instead of SD"

They are at the very least misleading fans.

There might not be a share issue for a year or more. So if fans want the Club to have their money this season (we're taking loans so we obviously need money) then buying one of these RST tops is pointless. Since no one at the RST or anywhere else knows when they'll be able to buy shares in a share issue, and if they buy shares off someone other than the Club then the Club doesnt get the money then either.

The RST and SOS are exploiting the fact that fans want to give the Club their cash in times of need but dont want to fund Ashley, so they make it seem like if you buy a £20 shirt that half the profit goes straight to Rangers which is a complete and utter lie.

Exploiting Rangers fans for their money is a fucking disgraceful move, and they should be ashamed of themselves but I highly doubt it. They care more about their respective groups and their standing within those groups than they do about the Club itsef. If they didnt then they'd stop lying to the fans and continuing to cause division. We already know it doesnt take much for them to jump ship and boycott, but some of us just want to get on with it and get past their pathetic shite.

They market these as slternatives to the official merch. They say "if you want your money to go to the Club then buy a shirt from us instead of SD"

They are at the very least misleading fans.

There might not be a share issue for a year or more. So if fans want the Club to have their money this season (we're taking loans so we obviously need money) then buying one of these RST tops is pointless. Since no one at the RST or anywhere else knows when they'll be able to buy shares in a share issue, and if they buy shares off someone other than the Club then the Club doesnt get the money then either.

The RST and SOS are exploiting the fact that fans want to give the Club their cash in times of need but dont want to fund Ashley, so they make it seem like if you buy a £20 shirt that half the profit goes straight to Rangers which is a complete and utter lie.

Exploiting Rangers fans for their money is a fucking disgraceful move, and they should be ashamed of themselves but I highly doubt it. They care more about their respective groups and their standing within those groups than they do about the Club itsef. If they didnt then they'd stop lying to the fans and continuing to cause division. We already know it doesnt take much for them to jump ship and boycott, but some of us just want to get on with it and get past their pathetic shite.

Will be interesting to see how the replies to this are spun like a Shane Warne bowl. :lol:

Albear will prize something up...

Im going for Real Ranger or legalbeagle making an attempt at it.

Its a tough one though because its 100% spot on in relation to difference between what gets said about the money, what people think happens with the money and what actually happens. (tu)

Will be interesting to see how the replies to this are spun like a Shane Warne bowl. :lol:

I think you've tried to play defensively off a bit of a googly yourself and ended up getting stumped.

I'm surprised (not surprised) that you didn't point out that while Rangers need to wait for a share issue to see any of the RST cash, Rangers also need to wait for Sports Direct/Ashley (who for a 'valued partner' keep taking us to court an awful lot) to release a dividend before we see any cash from our official merchandise.

It's entirely possible they won't release a dividend now, or at any time through to the end of the retail deal and simply retain the profits. Obviously SD wouldn't get any profits either but they're already covering their costs, so it wouldn't hurt them (even with their plummeting share price) nearly as much as it would hurt Rangers.

When you think that in reality the retail deal has actually cost Rangers roughly £300k, it doesn't take an accountant to see why some fans don't want to take a different approach to buying merchandise.

Howzatt!

I think you've tried to play defensively off a bit of a googly yourself and ended up getting stumped.

I'm surprised (not surprised) that you didn't point out that while Rangers need to wait for a share issue to see any of the RST cash, Rangers also need to wait for Sports Direct/Ashley (who for a 'valued partner' keep taking us to court an awful lot) to release a dividend before we see any cash from our official merchandise.

It's entirely possible they won't release a dividend now, or at any time through to the end of the retail deal and simply retain the profits. Obviously SD wouldn't get any profits either but they're already covering their costs, so it wouldn't hurt them (even with their plummeting share price) nearly as much as it would hurt Rangers.

When you think that in reality the retail deal has actually cost Rangers roughly £300k, it doesn't take an accountant to see why some fans don't want to take a different approach to buying merchandise.

Howzatt!

There isnt an alternative to buying merch, you either buy Rangers merch or you dont.

Most fans do want a "different approach", a way to get their money to the Club without funding the SD deal, but the RST tops arent a way to do that. Certainly not this season, and I wouldnt be surprised if there wasnt one next season either. As ive said before its a complete lie when you say the moneys going to the Club because no one knows when the Club will get a sniff of it. The money will sit in a bank account (maybe) for god knows how long.

Fans want to help the Club now. The RST and SOS have marketed their clothing as a way to get funds to the Club, but they dont know when the Club will get the funds. No one does.

What youre basically saying is that you think the SD deal is so bad that it excuses anything the RST do. Even lying to fans faces.

You complain about having to wait for the SD cash, but have no idea when the Club will get the RST cash.

The only way fans can really get their cash to the Club this season is to buy tickets and rising stars tickets and stuff like that. If you want Rangers to get your money any time in the near future then the last place you should go is the RST.

I hate Ashley and SD, but they have a deal and a legal obligation to give Rangers the cash the Club is due, the RST are under no such obligation. And have done nothing to prove the cash will ever reach the Club.

And thats before you even mention the fact they claim it costs £10 to make one top.

As ive said before, yous lot can go on and on about SD and MA and the retail deal, and about how much the club will get from RST, but until the figures are shown then its just a rambling without proof.

Just because the SD deal is shite doesnt make the RST merch any less of a scam.

Howzatt!

Sorry. I thought we were talking about the RST claims that half the money goes directly to the club.

Why have you turned it around ? (not that i really need to ask)

There isnt an alternative to buying merch, you either buy Rangers merch or you dont.

Most fans do want a "different approach", a way to get their money to the Club without funding the SD deal, but the RST tops arent a way to do that. Certainly not this season, and I wouldnt be surprised if there wasnt one next season either. As ive said before its a complete lie when you say the moneys going to the Club because no one knows when the Club will get a sniff of it. The money will sit in a bank account (maybe) for god knows how long.

Fans want to help the Club now. The RST and SOS have marketed their clothing as a way to get funds to the Club, but they dont know when the Club will get the funds. No one does.

What youre basically saying is that you think the SD deal is so bad that it excuses anything the RST do. Even lying to fans faces.

You complain about having to wait for the SD cash, but have no idea when the Club will get the RST cash.

The only way fans can really get their cash to the Club this season is to buy tickets and rising stars tickets and stuff like that. If you want Rangers to get your money any time in the near future then the last place you should go is the RST.

I hate Ashley and SD, but they have a deal and a legal obligation to give Rangers the cash the Club is due, the RST are under no such obligation. And have done nothing to prove the cash will ever reach the Club.

And thats before you even mention the fact they claim it costs £10 to make one top.

As ive said before, yous lot can go on and on about SD and MA and the retail deal, and about how much the club will get from RST, but until the figures are shown then its just a rambling without proof.

Just because the SD deal is shite doesnt make the RST merch any less of a scam.

People are buying the unofficial stuff because they would rather do that than buy the official gear. There's been guys hawking unofficial scarves, flags, t-shirts etc outside the subway and around the ground for years, with absolutely nothing going to Rangers for any of that stuff. The RST are doing the same thing and at least any profits made will be going to the club eventually, if not at this precise moment. It's not for me, but for others that's entirely their right and while personally I'd tell people to buy extra rising stars tickets, lotto tickets, RTV subscriptions rather than buying alternative merchandise I can't say I blame them.

The bottom line is that both the RST and SD are selling merchandise which, at the moment, neither you nor me know when the club will receive any cash from. On that basis, are you really surprised that some people are taking the non SD option, because I'm not.

HR posted the True answer. He lifted it directly from our accounts and included a quote from our Chairman. Unless you believe our Board signed off on accounts that are false, then you cant get a truer answer. (tu)

HR's 2.60 wasn't the true picture. It was obvious spin as at the time we weren't receiving 51% of the retail deal. It was also based on pure profit which ignores the one off costs that seem to only be attributed to our side.

He was correct within his set parameter of assumptions but in the end you can't make that out to be true when the assumptions weren't correct.

GM

HR's 2.60 wasn't the true picture. It was obvious spin as at the time we weren't receiving 51% of the retail deal. It was also based on pure profit which ignores the one off costs that seem to only be attributed to our side.

He was correct within his set parameter of assumptions but in the end you can't make that out to be true when the assumptions weren't correct.

GM

He posted it directly from the account TLT. People are changing the question to get an answer that suits and making comparisons to calculations that dont add up. (tu)

He posted it directly from the account TLT. People are changing the question to get an answer that suits and making comparisons to calculations that dont add up. (tu)

I keep trying really hard to get one of our accounting experts to tell us how much Rangers have had against the revenue on merchandise, I must keep missing the answer.