*** The Official Rangers V Livingston Match Thread ***

Have no "likes" left but this post is spot on. Why should teams play to our strengths rather than theirs'. If we cannot break down their defence, then we are just not as good as some believe.

Am having issues with this.

We have no problem breaking down defenses, otherwise how do you explain the fact we've lost 2 and drawn 2 this season?

It's my firm belief that the squad we have is a 2nd halve squad.

You see, in the first halve, regardless if we get goals or not. What the team is actually doing is tiring the other team out. Our team is much more use to the high tempo.

Am having issues with this.

We have no problem breaking down defenses, otherwise how do you explain the fact we've lost 2 and drawn 2 this season?

It's my firm belief that the squad we have is a 2nd halve squad.

You see, in the first halve, regardless if we get goals or not. What the team is actually doing is tiring the other team out. Our team is much more use to the high tempo.

And scored in every game we have played in.For a team that cant break down defences I think that's not so bad but then again maybe not.

And scored in every game we have played in.For a team that cant break down defences I think that's not so bad but then again maybe not.

We've only lost twice in the league, and drew twice. Other than that most of our wins have been high goal counts, 16 of our games have seen us get 3 goals or more (including cup games) and that's out of 27 games.

We've only lost twice in the league, and drew twice. Other than that most of our wins have been high goal counts, 16 of our games have seen us get 3 goals or more (including cup games) and that's out of 27 games.

Some are never happy but each to their own that's what these forums are all about.

If we play our usual high tempo get the ball forward quick and get balls into the box they can have 20 men behind the ball it wouldn't matter.

The problem starts if we are sluggish and start playing those wee triangle passes in the final third, thankfully we seem to have come out of that spell and are flying.

If we play our usual high tempo get the ball forward quick and get balls into the box they can have 20 men behind the ball it wouldn't matter.

The problem starts if we are sluggish and start playing those wee triangle passes in the final third, thankfully we seem to have come out of that spell and are flying.

I think that's why Warburton is eyeing up O'halloran, a striker with a bit of pace that can either do counters by himself or support waggy (vice versa).

I think that's why Warburton is eyeing up O'halloran, a striker with a bit of pace that can either do counters by himself or support waggy (vice versa).

Honestly can't say I've ever seen him play, hardly watched any football from the top tier (spelt correctly) since they kicked us out.

But if he has pace and a good first touch he will do well for us.

Honestly can't say I've ever seen him play, hardly watched any football from the top tier (spelt correctly) since they kicked us out.

But if he has pace and a good first touch he will do well for us.

since he joined St J last Jan, he's made 64 appearances for the club and gotten 11 goals for them.

Hate to post this but this is a good example of his pace in counter attacks https://youtu.be/iI14sWQfIbo?t=1m

If he does come to us I'd imagine Wilson and Horse would like a word with him

But I think we could get good use out of him, considering how many Counters we make good use of.

since he joined St J last Jan, he's made 64 appearances for the club and gotten 11 goals for them.

Hate to post this but this is a good example of his pace in counter attacks https://youtu.be/iI14sWQfIbo?t=1m

If he does come to us I'd imagine Wilson and Horse would like a word with him

11 in 64 isn't setting the heather on fire but he took his chance well there (the fanny). We will see if he comes but it's great to hear Warburton making it crystal clear we won't be held to ransom on the price, unlike Bain who asked the price then offered more money.

11 in 64 isn't setting the heather on fire but he took his chance well there (the fanny). We will see if he comes but it's great to hear Warburton making it crystal clear we won't be held to ransom on the price, unlike Bain who asked the price then offered more money.

We got Jason Holt for 65K and he's one of our best players. Likewise with Tav and Waggy, 400K for them both, Kiernan was our most expensive buy at 220k and he's our best defender.

So it's pretty clear to see that money doesn't dictate how good a player actually is. I'd go for 300k at a push, 400K if he's desperate but there's more pools we can get a forward out of. Warburton, Weir and McParland know this, hence the money that's being offered.

We got Jason Holt for 65K and he's one of our best players. Likewise with Tav and Waggy, 400K for them both, Kiernan was our most expensive buy at 220k and he's our best defender.

So it's pretty clear to see that money doesn't dictate how good a player actually is. I'd go for 300k at a push, 400K if he's desperate but there's more pools we can get a forward out of. Warburton, Weir and McParland know this, hence the money that's being offered.

McParland has to be one our best appointments in a long time brilliant bit of business getting him to work for us.

Great that we seem to have so many options on bringing players in, back in the day it always felt like we had to get that one player we were after or nothing.

McParland has to be one our best appointments in a long time brilliant bit of business getting him to work for us.

Great that we seem to have so many options on bringing players in, back in the day it always felt like we had to get that one player we were after or nothing.

At that it'd be players we'd never use or were older. Also experience is necessary, they're not as fit as the younger boys. Warburton has a nice balance, got a few older players like Miller and Wallace but the majority is younger players who're hungry and want to get out there and play football.

But I agree, it's great with got Frank. It's also great we've got Warburton whose got a massive number of contacts and is held in quite high regard.

At that it'd be players we'd never use or were older. Also experience is necessary, they're not as fit as the younger boys. Warburton has a nice balance, got a few older players like Miller and Wallace but the majority is younger players who're hungry and want to get out there and play football.

But I agree, it's great with got Frank. It's also great we've got Warburton whose got a massive number of contacts and is held in quite high regard.

Mr Warburton certainly seems to like players that he can mould and coach into playing football his way or the experienced players that buy into his philosophy, I don't think it's a coincidence that both Miller and Wallace are into coaching and are doing their badges.

Mr Warburton certainly seems to like players that he can mould and coach into playing football his way or the experienced players that buy into his philosophy, I don't think it's a coincidence that both Miller and Wallace are into coaching and are doing their badges.

I'd imagine Wallace and Miller talk to him quite frequently about coaching, get tips for themselves on how to motivate their own players.

Because the difference between last season and this season in terms of morale is astounding. I remember our loss against Falkirk, Kiernan was stood on the pitch in disbelief, likewise with all the other players. You can clearly see that loss or a poor performance is a massive gripe for them.

Even when we're doing good, they're always on the hunt for more goals.

To have to players that are into coaching and could go on and teach this principles is a great thing for scottish football.

I'd imagine Wallace and Miller talk to him quite frequently about coaching, get tips for themselves on how to motivate their own players.

Because the difference between last season and this season in terms of morale is astounding. I remember our loss against Falkirk, Kiernan was stood on the pitch in disbelief, likewise with all the other players. You can clearly see that loss or a poor performance is a massive gripe for them.

Even when we're doing good, they're always on the hunt for more goals.

To have to players that are into coaching and could go on and teach this principles is a great thing for scottish football.

Great thing for us as well if Warburton feels he is good enough then Miller should be offered a job after he retires that way you keep hold of coaches with the same philosophy.

Great thing for us as well if Warburton feels he is good enough then Miller should be offered a job after he retires that way you keep hold of coaches with the same philosophy.

I'd say Miller has earned a job like that with us, he's got a good wealth of knowledge concerning football.

We've got Davie who'll likely be talking closely with our defense, then to have Miller who can talk to forwards would be great (tu)

The club as seriously changed in such a short amount of time for all the right reasons. Not only are we good, we're also promoting good football but other teams are too spiteful to see this and try to adjust to it. The team I'd say that's trying their best to replicate us is Hibs. Can hear it in interviews, Stubbsy using words that Warburton uses xD

They do say imitation is a form of flattery :wub:

I'd say Miller has earned a job like that with us, he's got a good wealth of knowledge concerning football.

We've got Davie who'll likely be talking closely with our defense, then to have Miller who can talk to forwards would be great (tu)

The club as seriously changed in such a short amount of time for all the right reasons. Not only are we good, we're also promoting good football but other teams are too spiteful to see this and try to adjust to it. The team I'd say that's trying their best to replicate us is Hibs. Can hear it in interviews, Stubbsy using words that Warburton uses xD

They do say imitation is a form of flattery :wub:

Speaking about the defence which i dont rate at all, i think we need a leader back there of the mould of Weir who talks the players through games and gets the best out of them.

I think with an experienced player back their we would see more stability.

Speaking about the defence which i dont rate at all, i think we need a leader back there of the mould of Weir who talks the players through games and gets the best out of them.

I think with an experienced player back their we would see more stability.

I think that's what wilson was supposed to be, but I'd say Kiernan is likely the main man with the defense. I think our game against cowdenbeath was the first time he sat out of a game.