Alloa Narrow Their Pitch

Ozblue

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

I'm not sure where the it can only be done in the middle of the season has come from (I've seen it a few places now) but it's not accurate at all, unless it's a guidance given to clubs outwith the rules. 

I completely see your point regards going from pitch to pitch and the problems that may cause Alloa when they go to wider pitches although I would point out that League One and Two sides can draw their pitch in even further than clubs in the Premiership and Championship are permitted to.

Personally, I think the easiest solution is to have a mandated pitch size with any exceptions needing to be cleared by the SPFL board.

Your post actually clarifies the stupidity of these rules by idiots who turn a simple game into a clusterfuck of confusion and inconsistency by having different parameters for different divisions and circumstances.

I can understand why back in the 19th Century the maximum/minimum dimensions were made due to possible restrictions of space where some grounds were situated;leading to a different 'uniqueness' across the divisions,but this does not apply in this case. I totally agree with your last sentence which is sensible and clearly understood unlike the current rules of the SPFL which are ambiguous to say the least.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, weshallnotbemoved! said:

If anything, I think this will benefit us with our neat interplay and will make the trickery of Holt and Mackay more effective depending how they are utilised and positioned.

Agreed mate, i would love to see McKay start in a no 10 type role for this game now as he has the ability to unlock tight defences 

5 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Agreed mate, i would love to see McKay start in a no 10 type role for this game now as he has the ability to unlock tight defences 

Depending on the referee,I can see a few penalties coming our way in this game.

Just now, Ozblue said:

Depending on the referee,I can see a few penalties coming our way in this game.

That will be the downside to their narrowing their pitch that much and having so many players in and around their box. Must admit I never thought of that but that is a great shout. 

4 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

That will be the downside to their narrowing their pitch that much and having so many players in and around their box. Must admit I never thought of that but that is a great shout. 

We have players with the ball control and speed to cause chaos in their box and I would be very surprised if they can keep up their levels of concentration for 90+ minutes without conceding a penalty or getting a man sent off for persistent fouling.

20 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

We have players with the ball control and speed to cause chaos in their box and I would be very surprised if they can keep up their levels of concentration for 90+ minutes without conceding a penalty or getting a man sent off for persistent fouling.

Totally agree OZ, and all we need is one to make all their "clever" tactics come to nothing and us going back to Ibrox with the three points.

:uk:

20 minutes ago, Amato said:

I'll eat my (non magic) hat if we get 3 penalties in the one game!

We have went close to that feat on a few occasions this season and arguably could have achieved 3 in one game if the officials had been doing their job properly, so never say never with the way we attack.

BTW! What sauce would you prefer? :lol:

13 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

We have went close to that feat on a few occasions this season and arguably could have achieved 3 in one game if the officials had been doing their job properly, so never say never with the way we attack.

BTW! What sauce would you prefer? :lol:

I'll forego the sauce but have the hat with a side of humble pie. 

Would love to see the uproar if we got three pens in a game

Not read through the topic, but that just shouts out a 5-4-1or, 5-5 and hit on the break after changing a pitch to suit a formation. I know Souness did it many years ago, so we can't really complain.

Inverclyde coaches are destroying the game in Scotland, while other countries managers who take the course can take away the good points and use them in developing teams, while our country's coaches try to stifle every opponent before looking at our talent on the pitch.

Scottish football is "booming, I tell yea, booming"!

19 minutes ago, Amato said:

I'll forego the sauce but have the hat with a side of humble pie. 

Would love to see the uproar if we got three pens in a game

As I said before, their were a few games where we had a legitimate appeal for 1-2 more penalties but the officials shit it. Perhaps your comment was the reason why they wouldn't give us 3 or more in one game :lol:

Can you imagine the outrage from all the Tarriers on Radio Clyde and comments in the newspapers if we DID get 3 in a game :party:

On 11 February 2016 at 10:07 PM, Ozblue said:

Who was assistant manager at Dumbarton...Houston?

Sorry, I meant Jack Ross the Alloa manager was the Dumbarton assistant a couple of years ago and Ian Murray the Dumbarton manager at the time changed the pitch size through the season and this is how Alloa knew the rule.

2 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Sorry, I meant Jack Ross the Alloa manager was the Dumbarton assistant a couple of years ago and Ian Murray the Dumbarton manager at the time changed the pitch size through the season and this is how Alloa knew the rule.

I'm glad you cleared that up for me as I thought for a minute I was losing the plot and going senile, because I could never remember Houston being asst. manager at Dumbarton :unsure:

On 2/11/2016 at 9:07 PM, plumbGER said:

I always thought size didn't matter,still fuck them anyway!

What i would do i go to the ground and measure the pitch well before kick off,1 single bit not the stated size and request to have the game called off and hit the bastards in the pocket.

almost exactly what I say to the wife...

To be fair to Cosgrove, he said today that when people pull up the Souness against Kiev example, they're basically accepting that Rangers are the same Club. Cowan and he then went on to say that everybody accepts that Rangers and other clubs retain their identity and history after financial woes. They said it was common sense and were slightly scathing of those who imply otherwise.

56 minutes ago, Carsons Dog said:

Was this a one off by Alloa or are they keeping it that way for the rest of the season?

Yeah its that way for the season , tbf too them , their chairman was on the radio and said they waited till they had played everyone at home once before they changed it too try be fair 

4 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Yeah its that way for the season , tbf too them , their chairman was on the radio and said they waited till they had played everyone at home once before they changed it too try be fair 

Dont think that s true, they can change again but permission of the Spfl board is needed for each change.

H20 Clubs must register their pitch dimensions with the Secretary not less than one month prior to the start of each Season. No Club shall alter its pitch dimensions for any League Match or Play-Off Match during a Season unless with the prior written consent of the Board. The Board may at any time require a Club to submit a report from a qualified independent source certifying the pitch dimensions.

H21 In the event of the Board granting a waiver, relaxation or period of grace for the purposes of Rule D6 in relation to compliance by a Club with Rules H4, H13, H14, H18, H19 or H20 then for the period and to the extent of such a waiver, relaxation or period of grace the Club concerned shall not be in breach of the relevant Rule.

13 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Dont think that s true, they can change again but permission of the Spfl board is needed for each change.

H20 Clubs must register their pitch dimensions with the Secretary not less than one month prior to the start of each Season. No Club shall alter its pitch dimensions for any League Match or Play-Off Match during a Season unless with the prior written consent of the Board. The Board may at any time require a Club to submit a report from a qualified independent source certifying the pitch dimensions.

H21 In the event of the Board granting a waiver, relaxation or period of grace for the purposes of Rule D6 in relation to compliance by a Club with Rules H4, H13, H14, H18, H19 or H20 then for the period and to the extent of such a waiver, relaxation or period of grace the Club concerned shall not be in breach of the relevant Rule.

Yeah sorry i dont mean they cant change again but their chairman says they dont intend too , their manager apparently done the same before at dumbarton i think it was ,

I dont agree with being able too change during the season btw but can understand them trying too find a way too get out the relegation position 

11 hours ago, GOAT said:

People will say it worked, but did it fuck, our shocking finishing stopped it being a pumping.

Yeah people were claiming that in the match thread that it worked; which is ridiculous, we opened them up a dozen times.

(WTF is wrong with this site? Never seen such poor forum software)