Billy Davies

WadeWilson

Billy Davies just on Clyde there in his first interview in two years.

Claimed he was offered Rangers job - approached by a third party - but that he rejected the offer due to "too many micro-politics, not enough football." He also knocked back the Kilmarnock job recently but says that he isn't "too big" for Scottish football, "has no allegiance to any club" and wants to "get that tracksuit back on and push and pull players about as soon as possible." Sounds like he is trying to tout himself in some form or another.

I wonder who the third party was and on which board's behalf were they acting? Also claimed he was approached to take over a football club as part of a consortium.

He refers to himself in third person terms as 'Davies' - Came across as a bit of an oddball, to be honest. A bullet dodged perhaps?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, WadeWilson said:

Billy Davies just on Clyde there in his first interview in two years.

Claimed he was offered Rangers job - approached by a third party - but that he rejected the offer due to "too many micro-politics, not enough football." He also knocked back the Kilmarnock job recently but says that he isn't "too big" for Scottish football, "has no allegiance to any club" and wants to "get that tracksuit back on and push and pull players about as soon as possible." Sounds like he is trying to tout himself in some form or another.

I wonder who the third party was and on which board's behalf were they acting? Also claimed he was approached to take over a football club as part of a consortium.

He refers to himself in third person terms as 'Davies' - Came across as a bit of an oddball, to be honest. A bullet dodged perhaps?

Just like Donald Trump. Says it all. And to think there were some on this forum touting him as the answer to our problems.

2 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Just like Donald Trump. Says it all. And to think there were some on this forum touting him as the answer to our problems.

You're right. He was being pushed on here by some as a replacement for Walter/Ally/Kenny/Stuart.

Very strange character. It was like listening to a Jonathan Watson sketch.

The third person style... and the way he spoke... robotically... with consistant pauses... as if he were reading a statement... was just weird.

I think he's a Borg or something.

He seemed to be quite some distance up his own arse.

21 minutes ago, WadeWilson said:

He also mentioned that he started to film the media at press conferences because he wanted to have a record of who was asking what.

"I had one camera on them... and one camera on 'Davies.'" 

He then denied he was a conspiracy theorist. :blink:

I take it 'Davies' was himself? I was getting confused at that point. I thought, when people use third person, it's normally their full name. Somehow just using the second name added a whole layer of weirdness. Unless he was talking about some other Davies, of course. It was getting hard to tell, the way he was talking.

He actually seemed a tad... insane... at times, tbh.

3 hours ago, Inigo said:

Very strange character. It was like listening to a Jonathan Watson sketch.

The third person style... and the way he spoke... robotically... with consistant pauses... as if he were reading a statement... was just weird.

I think he's a Borg or something.

He seemed to be quite some distance up his own arse.

It was odd. It did indeed sound like he was reading from a prepared sheet of paper.

And spot on! It was actually like an Only An Excuse character. It was exactly like Jonathon Watson lampooning Charlie Nicholas. Someone who isn't quite as smart as they think trying to pepper their staggered spiel with big words to make themselves sound more intelligent... and not quite managing to pull it off.