Billy Davies

WadeWilson

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I take it 'Davies' was himself? I was getting confused at that point. I thought, when people use third person, it's normally their full name. Somehow just using the second name added a whole layer of weirdness. Unless he was talking about some other Davies, of course. It was getting hard to tell, the way he was talking.

He actually seemed a tad... insane... at times, tbh.

Agreed. "So we could have one camera on the press people... and one camera on 'Davies'." That just sounded batshit crazy.

Just now, WadeWilson said:

I'd just leave him well alone if I were you...

tumblr_inline_mri54ruIxp1qini4o.gif

Yeah. You'd just slowly back off and slink out quietly if someone was sitting there speaking like Davies was. 

You'd assume he'd escaped from somewhere.

I saw an interview with him 2 or 3 years ago, I think when he was at Nottingham Forest. He's got an editing suite in his house to make DVDs to show his players what they did right or wrong during a game. That is the sign of somebody taking their job waaaaaaaay too far.

14 minutes ago, Ger77 said:

I don't believe he was offered anything of the sort. For months he was hanging about the club like a bad smell.

His pal Gordon Dalziel was certainly putting his name forward on a weekly basis.

Seems like there could be a hint of sour grapes mixed in with the guano.

I remember getting pelters for saying we should stay clear of him. (Its nice to be vindicated.) My buddy is a derby fan and had nothingvgood whatsoever to say about him. Said he set them back years and Clough did a great job turning them round with the hamstrung budget hecwas left.