Dundee Evening Telegraph not taking it well

Smile

5 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

The guy probably gets away with all the time especially during office as he's the boss and probably home time as its his routine behaviour. He slipped up on a public forum, it's as simple as that and quite franky your excuses are a nonsense.

That's nonsensically hilarious and a truly wonderful conspiracy theory, great stuff! 

We've got a cheek to call the other mob paranoid when we believe stuff like that.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Can't remember the last time I seen the word Fenian on social media yet I see the word h** every time I look at Twitter or Facebook.

It's seen as acceptable, while id rather everyone wasn't so offended by it, the word fenian is seen as highly offensive whereas the word h** is simply seen as a harmless word for Rangers fans.

Id obviously rather it was as it used to be and neither caused the reaction they do now but it isn't the case and there really isn't a level playing field or at least any clarity on what constitutes an offence as such.

In this particular case the journo should be done off his employees simply for being an idiot, no idea how in this day and age you could be so daft as to do that.

1 hour ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

Report him to the police too. 

Aye, and he probably doesn't realise that they nicked the term from us; if I had a tommy gun, I'd shoot every f_____ h**, just for walking on the Queen's highway. Just like they nicked YNWA from Liverpool.

2 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Aye, and he probably doesn't realise that they nicked the term from us; if I had a tommy gun, I'd shoot every f_____ h**, just for walking on the Queen's highway. Just like they nicked YNWA from Liverpool.

I'm sure we sang, "Go Home Ya h***" at the Savilles  back in the 50's & 60's. BTW, I am absolutely loving calling them The Savilles. In fact, "up to our knees in Saville blood" sounds good to me.

If he called us Fucking, Cunting ,Bastards

Not 1 shit would be given by plod

Fenian or h** are so much worse in the eyes of the law

A law introduced by a committee who called on Spiers and Nevin for their unbiased professional view 

A law those of celtic dna celebrated when it was bizarrely made legal

Now they complain about it, I'm just surprised they haven't started to blame us for the whole ridiculous affair 

Second Tier Gers – they’ll know exactly who’s coming back next season, those horrible, horrible kafflik trash.

Really, the inbred, indoctrinated minority deprives our country.  What exactly have those minority contributed to our country? Absolutely nothing – no benefit, only division! Whilst still claiming to hold allegiance to a nearby country, after 20 (twenty) generations since they arrived here, needing our help, with food, clothing and personal hygiene.

If I was one of those immigrants, I’d have done anything within my power to be disassociated from the faminists and their country.  I’d have changed my surname, converted to a free religion and joined my new nation instead of being a parasite and taking from it.

The timmigrant – always offended, and always unpleasant.

46 minutes ago, Bogtrotters said:

If he called us Fucking, Cunting ,Bastards

Not 1 shit would be given by plod

Fenian or h** are so much worse in the eyes of the law

A law introduced by a committee who called on Spiers and Nevin for their unbiased professional view 

A law those of celtic dna celebrated when it was bizarrely made legal

Now they complain about it, I'm just surprised they haven't started to blame us for the whole ridiculous affair 

For me its the Double standard as well any law brought out against supporters is fine when its directed at Rangers but dont look at anyone else.

I'm only stumped that a sports journalist in Scotland doesnt know the word h** is offensive...

Anyone with no interest in football, but works with Rangers or Celtic fans in their office/factory/shop/warehouse etc knows that h** and fenian are deemed as offensive. 

56 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

From a time many decades ago and long before society decided to be more inclusive and respectful to all communities.

30 minutes ago, Smile said:

For me its the Double standard as well any law brought out against supporters is fine when its directed at Rangers but dont look at anyone else.

Bang on

If we use fenian at ibrox it's front page news

h** is fine, the game at tannidice was unreal, Speirs collum the next day spoke of a Fantastic Atmosphere ...

Cunts

4 hours ago, RFC Eagle said:

Its tit for tat and even if we stop they wont. They need to be held to the same 'standards' they seem overly keen to impose on us. As for his 'I didn't know' excuse he is a  'journalist' and they are prone to lying to suit their own purposes. 

I have no doubt the journalist knew exactly what he did - but really who gives a fuck - this tit for tat shite leads to this type of permanently offended outlook dome 

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I have no doubt the journalist knew exactly what he did - but really who gives a fuck - this tit for tat shite leads to this type of permanently offended outlook dome 

Everyone should be judged the same, we can clearly see that is not the case when it involves anything said against us.

The guy on his twitter merely said he thought we played well why he would resort to calling him Hunboy really tells us that the media see us as fair game and can take liberties with us.

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

h** is more offensive to us than fenian is to them.

They call themselves fenians,i don't know any bear who calls themself a h**.

Not that i get offended,i couldn't give a fuck really.

Bang on, h** used in any context is derogatory and it's only when you add others words to Fenian, it's use then becomes offensive.

On 06/03/2016 at 10:39 AM, Pure_Quality said:

Am I the only one who's struggling to get offended by this one?

Anyone using h** knowingly is a bigot and should have their collar felt by plod.

This guy deleted the tweet and apologised, claiming not to know it had any sectarian connotations. We can't assume every football writer wants to cast sectarian slurs against us and when an individual retracts their comments and produces multiple apologies I'm not sure what more he could do. 

Seems fair enough TBH.

Not buying his apollogy for a second tbh,  he is trying to save his arse after fucking up.

Put the shoe on the other foot for a second,  imagine it was a Rangers supporting journo, and editor of a paper has said "calm down fenianboy" to someone on twitter.  THe guy would be out of a job faster than he could say " I wa hacked"

so no, not fair enough.  Fuck him, fuck his opinions, and I hope he loses his position at the paper.