Warburtons subs lost us this game.

gogzy

2 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Clarks movement v Kenny's is abysmal

2 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Why warbs continues to bring on Clark is baffling ,the guys hopeless and probably the weakest forward

ive ever seen,never leaves his foot in,backs into a defender,gives away fouls,gets booked,anything a cf

should be doing

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Boybluesy said:

1 hour ago, Ivybank said:

Why warbs continues to bring on Clark is baffling ,the guys hopeless and probably the weakest forward

ive ever seen,never leaves his foot in,backs into a defender,gives away fouls,gets booked,anything a cf

should be doing

Up until recently I was still convinced Clark could come good. I've since realised that it's not going to happen for him with us. Time for him to move on.

On 3/19/2016 at 7:21 PM, rolledoats said:

Clark came on for Miller at the same time as MOH came on for King. So yeah, a whole game.

Sorry but Clark came on at 60 mins according to the official stats. So nowhere near the whole game.

MW is normally fairly constant with his subs and to be honest I don't really have a problem with that. It definitely shows the lack of depth there is in the squad though. Next season will be better. 

There were warning signs in the game prior to the substitutions and we should have had more than enough about us to see out the game from a winning position regardless of who was on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, theclothmonster said:

King was the last one to be subbed, Miller and McKay came off together.

You sure?  I remember it being Barrie coming off alone for Forrester on 60 minutes,  then a double sub about 10 mins later.

21 hours ago, rolledoats said:

Did you even watch the game? I did, Clark replaced Miller at the 68/69 minute mark.

You're arguing against yourself. Your original statement was that Clark was poor the whole game and I merely corrected you in that he came on as a sub around the 60 min mark so it was hardly the whole game. Now you want to want to be pedantic about a couple of minutes. Yes I did watch the game on RTV, as I do every game, I could pose the same question to you. However this discussion is going nowhere.

1 hour ago, bluenose48 said:

You're arguing against yourself. Your original statement was that Clark was poor the whole game and I merely corrected you in that he came on as a sub around the 60 min mark so it was hardly the whole game. Now you want to want to be pedantic about a couple of minutes. Yes I did watch the game on RTV, as I do every game, I could pose the same question to you. However this discussion is going nowhere.

You picked my statement up the wrong way and compounded it by getting the time of the substitutions wrong. I agree that the discussion is going nowhere as you are refusing to admit fault.

it was all too easy but we didn't take enough of our chances and it made us nervous. Then we were put on the back foot, got more nervous, they scored and we fell apart as a defensive unit. I don't just mean the defenders. Everyone started to treat the ball like it was rugby ball shaped and they couldn't quite get it under control. I'm hoping that the tension has now been relived with no real harm done.

On 18 March 2016 at 9:43 PM, Moody Blue Legend said:

Defence cost it for me.

2 out of the three subs (Clark was anonymous) looked lively and created a couple of chances as soon as they came on.

That defending though. :disappointment:

If we are to make a proper challenge for the league next season, something that I'm not convinced will happen, we'll need to get shot of either Wilson or Kiernan, or even both. The both of them are absolute disasters 

4 hours ago, King Jela said:

If we are to make a proper challenge for the league next season, something that I'm not convinced will happen, we'll need to get shot of either Wilson or Kiernan, or even both. The both of them are absolute disasters 

Neither look like defenders, we need someone to cover tav when he makes his runs as well.

McCoist was heavily criticised for not giving youngsters and fringe players more opportunities after we had won the 2nd Division.  This season's almost over so giving certain players the opportunity to prove themselves worthy of a jersey next season seems reasonable.  Guys like Clark, Shiels, Templeton (if he were fit), Law, Forrester, King, and some youngsters should all be getting more game time.  Fans need to look at the bigger picture rather than get wound up over a meaningless game against Falkirk.

We have important cup games coming up so I expect a full strength team then.