Would you wear green

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have nothing green in our house! My husband won't even wear Lacoste unless it's the white alligator on it. We pick green pegs out and throw them away! I know it's pathetic! 

One time my husband ordered trainers online and when they came they had a green line round the sole and he tippexed it!! :lol:

1 hour ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

That's better than those oirish getting the credit for it - as they'd never name anything British, unless it was hostile.

The story goes that there was a road race held in Kildale in 1903 that all the competing nation's chose colours for their vehicles. Red, white and blue had already been chosen by other nations, so UK chose shamrock green as a nod to the Irish hosts of the race. British Racing Green was born.

Yes.

I'm Northern Irish. Green doesn't belong to nationalists or republicans just like the Shamrock and Harp don't but they've been hijacked for the delusion that is oirlund. 

It's happening here in Scotland too. The shnp are getting away with taking the symbols of Scottish history and making them symbols of republicanism and division. 

11 hours ago, jintybear said:

We have nothing green in our house! My husband won't even wear Lacoste unless it's the white alligator on it. We pick green pegs out and throw them away! I know it's pathetic! 

One time my husband ordered trainers online and when they came they had a green line round the sole and he tippexed it!! :lol:

:mutley:

No green in my home.  No green clothes either.  Horrible colour.

I'm not totally sure if my dislike of the colour is only due to them having it on their gear.

I did notice that some of my clothes have a mix of red, white and blue on them, never noticed when buying them, they just appealed to me more.

My car is British Racing Green.  Nice colour.

As an all inclusive club we should not assume that no-one on here suffers from Red/Green color blindness  As many as 8 percent of men and 0.5 percent of women with Northern European ancestry have the common form of red-green color blindness. Men are much more likely to be colorblind than women because the genes responsible for the most common, inherited color blindness are on the X chromosome.

So would any of you with red/green colour blindness who are male posters on here (8% of you on here apparently,) or female posters (0.5% on here) wear this ?

ACF7FFE.jpg

I find this utterly bizarre behaviour. Maybe because I'm outside the Scottish bubble and maybe because I don't associate green with just Celtic, because as an adult man it's a ridiculous thing to do. 

I have Rangers in the blood which is where my love and appreciation of the light blues comes from and I understand a deep seated love for a football club that boarders on the verge of violence (talking about West Ham) when it comes to Millwall, Spurs, Chelsea and others, but I wouldn't stop wearing blue and white clothing either. 

I don't wear football jerseys as they're usually cheap crap carrying big fucking sponsors on them and cost a fortune every season and I only like the retro stuff. The sponsor-less Rangers jersey from the 70s with the beautiful blue top and the white Rangers quest is the only thing close to colours I wear. The only way I'd associate wearing the green of Celtic is if woke up tied to a chair with Celtic top on, so don't be anti green because they happen to wear it. Lots of things green are amazing and beautiful, like England's green and pleasant land. A much better association if I do say so myself. 

6 minutes ago, East London Loyal said:

I find this utterly bizarre behaviour. Maybe because I'm outside the Scottish bubble and maybe because I don't associate green with just Celtic, because as an adult man it's a ridiculous thing to do. 

I have Rangers in the blood which is where my love and appreciation of the light blues comes from and I understand a deep seated love for a football club that boarders on the verge of violence (talking about West Ham) when it comes to Millwall, Spurs, Chelsea and others, but I wouldn't stop wearing blue and white clothing either. 

I don't wear football jerseys as they're usually cheap crap carrying big fucking sponsors on them and cost a fortune every season and I only like the retro stuff. The sponsor-less Rangers jersey from the 70s with the beautiful blue top and the white Rangers quest is the only thing close to colours I wear. The only way I'd associate wearing the green of Celtic is if woke up tied to a chair with Celtic top on, so don't be anti green because they happen to wear it. Lots of things green are amazing and beautiful, like England's green and pleasant land. A much better association if I do say so myself. 

The difference is we don't say there's something wrong with you if you choose to dress scank. Why insult those who don't?

28 minutes ago, East London Loyal said:

Would you wear a ginger wig and kilt ?

I wouldn't.................

Nothing wrong with Green, bloody odd linking all Green to them, they don't own the colour! I have a few green t-shirts retro duffle coat that are Green. I could understand in the height of the troubles or on match day not wearing Green but otherwise seems way over the top. Maybe it's a generational thing but most proud Unionists wear Green these days especially when the mighty Norn Iron are playing.