Gazza

Virtuoso

36 minutes ago, BOOTNECK-BEAR said:

If your comment to Admin refers to me one I'm no shit stirrer as you put it. I don't work or neither does my colleague in the hospital my profile picture should help as to occupation!

It's a bit small, mate so I'll post the enlarged version for the rest of the forum.

LukeWorkingWNS_468x356.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is true that alcoholism is sometimes coupled by another serious and underlying mental health issue, or with illnesses such as OCD, anxiety and depression. These need to be treated as separate entities, and the recovery rates and times vary from person to person and illness to illness. When it comes to alcoholism or any addiction to a mind altering substance the greatest factor for success is the Willingness to stop. You could employ the best counsellor in the land or go to the best treatment centre in the World, but without the Willingness you are completely wasting your time and that of others, plus giving false hope to your family, friends and loved ones. I am very fortunate, when I put the cork on the bottle many years ago, all my fears, anxieties and depression went with it, for some though it is just the start of the journey. I do not get complacent though, as one slip and I will find myself back in the gutter where it all began.

7 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Iim is true that alcohinsm is sometitmes coupleddifferenther serious and underlisng mental health issue, or with illnesses such as OCD, anxiety and depression. These need to be treated as separate entities, and the recovery rates and times vary from person to person and illness to illness. When it comes to alcoholism or any addiction to a mind altering substance the greatest factor for success is the Willingness to stop. You could employ the best counsellor in the land or go to the best treatment centre in the World, but without the Willingness you are completely wasting your time and that of others, plus giving false hope to your family, friends and loved ones. I am very fortunate, when I put the cork on the bottle many years ago, all my fears, anxieties and depression went with it, for some though it is just the start of the journey. I do not get complacent though, as one slip and I will find myself back in the gutter where it all began.

This

Until he smashes the Illusion that some day some how he shall have the ability to control his drinking then I fear for his future but there Is always hope. As you probably know there Is a place where he could go and recover but only when he throws In the towel entirely and not a corner at a time.

32 minutes ago, thebluedoo said:

This

Until he smashes the Illusion that some day some how he shall have the ability to control his drinking then I fear for his future but there Is always hope. As you probably know there Is a place where he could go and recover but only when he throws In the towel entirely and not a corner at a time.

The illusion you described is the greatest tragedy of the alcoholic drinker, as you rightly say it needs to be smashed, that illusion is a lie, a complete and utter diabolical lie.

44 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Lol never thought I would be having an online meeting on a Rangers forum, life really is bizarre at times ha

Who is going to read the Preamble..??...

Lets keep Gazza in our Prayers...

Rangers Sober Loyal...