Gazza

Virtuoso

12 minutes ago, legalbeagle said:

Not an appropriate picture for them to put on the front page of a newspaper. Shaming the guy is not going to help, I hope he can recover, it doesn't always seem like he really has the strength within him to do so.

Sensationalism at its worst, but that's what these rags do best, as it's the only way they can get noticed. 

No one's ever going to buy the Sun for impartial professional journalism. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gazza suffers from mental issues as well as alcoholism. I'm afraid unless he sorts himself out in the very near future, things will get steadily worse for the great man. I wish him all the very best, but fear for him at the same time.

For what it's worth,guys; Here's a Facebook post from A1 Sporting Speakers who I presume are a group of famous sports people who do the Q&A talk circuit, regarding the latest on Gazza.

"Paul has had a bad week. This photograph is of him at 8.10 this morning. The Sun photos were bad but this is two days later , he wasn't admitted to hospital as they said in their interview. He went home where he is recovering. He told me he's been working out and getting stronger and he is determined to get back on track"

There might be hope for the genius yet and I wish him well in the continuing battle against this horrible disease.

4 minutes ago, Tipster said:

Gazza suffers from mental issues as well as alcoholism. 

Spot on. I used to dislike Gascoigne; to me he was the man-child and not the type of man I admire (putting it mildly).  I feel a bit guilty about that now as I recognise he has had mental issues and needed support.  Instead he was just considered 'daft as a brush'.  Personally I'm surprised he's alive. Always used to say to my old man he'd be dead by forty; glad to have been wrong about that.

1 minute ago, Briton said:

Spot on. I used to dislike Gascoigne; to me he was the man-child and not the type of man I admire (putting it mildly).  I feel a bit guilty about that now as I recognise he has had mental issues and needed support.  Instead he was just considered 'daft as a brush'.  Personally I'm surprised he's alive. Always used to say to my old man he'd be dead by forty; glad to have been wrong about that.

I remember reading years ago he also suffered from a form of Tourette syndrome. Not sure how valid that story was, but he definitely has mental health issues. Only Gazza can escape his demons with the drink.

Gazza's situation always makes me sad, a footballing genius and a sporting hero to so many including myself. I wish him nothing but the best and hope he can find peace with himself at some point before the drink takes him to his grave.

Also what an absolute gutter rag that newspaper is, I haven't bought it or any other paper for easily 10 years and they keep reminding me why.

3 hours ago, BOOTNECK-BEAR said:

He was in the local A&E last weekend (a work colleague seen him). The picture maybe the result of his visit, if so 2 things he is courting the paper for cash for booze and the paper obliging is disgraceful as it is only fueling the problem.

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/gazza-vows-to-get-back-on-track-after-publication-of-disturbing-pics

In a statement on their Facebook page they said: " Paul has had a bad week. This photograph is of him at 8.10 this morning. The Sun photos were bad but this is two days later , he wasn't admitted to hospital as they said in their interview. He went home where he is recovering. He told me he's been working out and getting stronger and he is determined to get back on track."

Admin, a lying shit stirrer has breached the code of conduct here   

He was my hero and one of best players I ever seen at ibrox the Aberdeen game he stole the show that day and I still watch that game on YouTube all the time. Heartbreaking to see him so low but as lot people have says it's more than drink that's problem he has deeper demons, 

One source said: “He looked a right mess. I fear there could be a very tragic end for him.”

Tuesday’s incident came two weeks after the 48-year-old boasted he had been sober for a year.

How fucking smug can you get, he "Boasted" but hey we caught him cause we're camped outside his house 24/7

Could have read, after doing so well for the last year, but no chance 

And their fucking source pish to fuel the flames, horrible bastards

2 hours ago, Tipster said:

I remember reading years ago he also suffered from a form of Tourette syndrome. Not sure how valid that story was, but he definitely has mental health issues. Only Gazza can escape his demons with the drink.

Yes I remember that.  It makes sense given some of his behaviour.

2 hours ago, Ozblue said:

For what it's worth,guys; Here's a Facebook post from A1 Sporting Speakers who I presume are a group of famous sports people who do the Q&A talk circuit, regarding the latest on Gazza.

"Paul has had a bad week. This photograph is of him at 8.10 this morning. The Sun photos were bad but this is two days later , he wasn't admitted to hospital as they said in their interview. He went home where he is recovering. He told me he's been working out and getting stronger and he is determined to get back on track"

There might be hope for the genius yet and I wish him well in the continuing battle against this horrible disease.

We've heard it all before oz about how gazza is going to do this and that, fact is he's had way more chances than the ordinary joe punter gets and wasted them all, wether its all down to him is another question

Maybe thats what he needs, instead of sympathy from everyone maybe a large dose of boot in the baws reality will snap him out of it, but i doubt it tbh

1 hour ago, Rangers Lady said:

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/gazza-vows-to-get-back-on-track-after-publication-of-disturbing-pics

In a statement on their Facebook page they said: " Paul has had a bad week. This photograph is of him at 8.10 this morning. The Sun photos were bad but this is two days later , he wasn't admitted to hospital as they said in their interview. He went home where he is recovering. He told me he's been working out and getting stronger and he is determined to get back on track."

The OP didn't say he was admitted. He said he had been seen in.

Being IN and ADMITTED are two different things.

4 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

What needs to be Gazza's 1st thought is NOT TO LIFT THE 1st Drink..he continues to do this..and no matter the best intentions and promises he makes..as soon as he takes the 1st he is off and running..as regards another poster doubting the validity of the pic as he looked so good 13th March.  I'm not going to believe everything that the sun does or say..but it would be an accurate picture of the aftermath that will befall an alcoholic who continues to drink. I love the man as much as I loved the player. I will keep him in my Prayers and hope he gets well...ODAAT..

Well Said brother

4 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

What needs to be Gazza's 1st thought is NOT TO LIFT THE 1st Drink..he continues to do this..and no matter the best intentions and promises he makes..as soon as he takes the 1st he is off and running..as regards another poster doubting the validity of the pic as he looked so good 13th March.  I'm not going to believe everything that the sun does or say..but it would be an accurate picture of the aftermath that will befall an alcoholic who continues to drink. I love the man as much as I loved the player. I will keep him in my Prayers and hope he gets well...ODAAT..

Well said mate (tu)  It's the one drink is too many and 100 is not enough issue.  Been there. Once you take that drink -- and you know you shouldn't.. it's quickly downhill.  The pic from Mar 13 could be legit.. and so could be this latest.  Doesn't take months to get like that.. hours can do it.

Just hope that one day he can see what this has done to him and he will die from it...and make a change. Does not look like he will ever quit though.  :(

11 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We've heard it all before oz about how gazza is going to do this and that, fact is he's had way more chances than the ordinary joe punter gets and wasted them all, wether its all down to him is another question

Maybe thats what he needs, instead of sympathy from everyone maybe a large dose of boot in the baws reality will snap him out of it, but i doubt it tbh

I agree with you 100% Jim (tu) It's important there is sympathy at the beginning,but it has to be tempered with the person knowing and understanding the reality of the situation. I've had a lot of experience with people who have had alcohol problems (many of them footballers) and while some manage to find success long term, I'd say there are many who didn't; some suffering the ultimate consequence.

One of the best footballers I ever had went teetotal for 5 years and just as we all thought he had saved his life and career he went out one night and got drunk on Vodka, fell asleep in a park on the coldest night of the year and died of hypothermia. In essence, Alcoholism can attack every spectrum of society;rich and poor, brainy or stupid, but the famous have more assistance than the poor to survive....If they have the willpower and the inner fortitude for the fight.

5 hours ago, legalbeagle said:

Not an appropriate picture for them to put on the front page of a newspaper. Shaming the guy is not going to help, I hope he can recover, it doesn't always seem like he really has the strength within him to do so.

Hardly surprising though. Did they not publish a front page with a picture of Marc Vivien Foe lying dead? Utter scumbags.

3 hours ago, Rangers Lady said:

If your comment to Admin refers to me one I'm no shit stirrer as you put it. I don't work or neither does my colleague in the hospital my profile picture should help as to occupation!