• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lloyd72
16 minutes ago, McDermid said:

He does get beat far too easily from far out 

Doesn't help when we have no one closing down the players taking long shots

4 minutes ago, McDermid said:

Can't really recall him saving us, he's made some good saves but too often he fails to save simple shots

Exactly, fuckers like you criticize the defense and goalie all the time without actually watching them most games. 

If you actually looked and watched the back 2 and Wes, you'd actually see they've done a great job. 

I said in the Match forum, our defense is going to look shit when you consider that teams always get us on the counter attack when it's 5/4 v 2/3 and we're playing against teams who play 11 men behind the ball.  

21 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Doesn't help when we have no one closing down the players taking long shots

I don't give Wes all the blame and the lack of closing down has been something that has annoyed me throughout the season, so I can agree with you there to a degree

19 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Exactly, fuckers like you criticize the defense and goalie all the time without actually watching them most games. 

If you actually looked and watched the back 2 and Wes, you'd actually see they've done a great job. 

I said in the Match forum, our defense is going to look shit when you consider that teams always get us on the counter attack when it's 5/4 v 2/3 and we're playing against teams who play 11 men behind the ball.  

I've been to every home game this season and I don't disagree that they've done a fairly good job, however, were playing in the Scottish championship so in that respect they haven't done a good job.

I like Keirnan and think we should give him next season to prove himself and I think the same of both Wes and Tavs but the simple fact is they make too many simple mistakes that could end up causing us problems next season

1 hour ago, McDermid said:

Can't really recall him saving us, he's made some good saves but too often he fails to save simple shots

You talk absolute pish. He saved us away to St. Mirren in October, away to Queen of the South and has kept the score down in both away games against Falkirk. 

Absolute muppet. 

2 minutes ago, SuperPapac05 said:

Aye that penalty save was a big fuck you to the h8rs. 

2 out of the 3 goals, Wes couldn't do anything about too, that's the sad thing.

The second goal, he did catch late. 

First goal though was a great strike. Third one was just a clusterfuck and that's always hard to get a touch on nevermind pick up. 

On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 10:28 PM, cr3_bear said:

He is more than capable with ball at his feet now , start of the season , had your heart in your mouth at times but he has improved as the season has went on and he has adjusted to his role 

Totally agree. I slaughtered him at the start of the season, but he has turned it around and has become a decent keeper who will only get better. 

7 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

We need a new keeper in as good to put pressure on him because he knows he's going to play and can afford to make bad mistakes like today.

We do need a new backup keeper but not having someone better than Cammy Bell on the bench had fuck all to do with what happened at the second goal

3 minutes ago, ThatNightInFlorence said:

We do need a new backup keeper but not having someone better than Cammy Bell on the bench had fuck all to do with what happened at the second goal

Wes knows if he chucks the ball in the back of the net he's still playing next week.  That breeds complacency and to be honest he isn't attacked a lot in this league due to the quality of the opposition, so the jury is still out on him.  After next season we'll know how good he is.

1 minute ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Wes knows if he chucks the ball int he back of the net he's still playing next week.  That breeds complacency and to be honest he isn't attacked a lot in this league due to the quality of the opposition, so the jury is still out on him.  After next season we'll know how good he is.

We are all entitled to our opinions but I don't think that's the case at all.

We know our training is intensive so he would have to be giving his all day in, day out for Warburton to pick him. It's too easy an answer saying he needs competition. A goalie is usually a position that is not rotated anyway.