I know I've accused many of being plastics before...

BEE

1 hour ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I think you're right, still doesn't mean we shouldn't give it a shot if it was possible. 

You can sit behind them then and have your view blocked by a massive Ipad.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Living in Asia, I do find some of the locals that give it big licks about being Man U etc till they die utterly cringeworthy. They have adverts about the Premiership which is basically an interview with a local fan of one of the teams, talking about his passion for being a Red, showing you his house kitted out with team related tat right up to even the team's bed linen etc, despite never having set foot in the UK. The strips you see here are almost all just the big 4-5 English sides plus Real and Barcelona. You do see the odd other strip, but not many, and virtually no-one wears the strips of local teams, even though the league has a little bit of financial banking (I've probably seen more domestic matches here than your average local). Seen two locals wearing Rangers tops though! I'd guess they studied in Glasgow at some point. 

Thing is, when do you call someone a plastic? Do they need to be Scottish, British or European to be a Rangers fan? Should they only come from Glasgow? As much as I dislike bandwagon jumping plastics, and people not supporting their local side, I appreciate being a Rangers fan that it is precisely this sort of support, far and wide, that helps make us successful. 

It's hard to identify where the cut off from genuine fan to plastic occurs.

8 minutes ago, EatDolphins said:

I'd also add I think it's a pretty poor country on the whole. Not much use of you're looking for money off them.

I was thinking more of getting an academy set up over there. Maybe get a player who could be good enough to play for us and then that is when their interest in us would take off. Otherwise, as you say, a country that's main sport is baseball would have no interest in some team from Scotland that they have probably never heard of. 

They will be Leicester fans for about 6 months then back to what ever team is top next season.  it's the suits that buy season tickets and don't even bother turning up to games unless it's the big games that annoys me, but that is more a English football problem.

Also the Irish fans are worse as they hate everything about the English but are Man U or Liverpool fans. Nothing more pathetic than seeing a bunch of Dubliners singing anti-English songs with English club shirts on.

2 minutes ago, mclovin said:

Also the Irish fans are worse as they hate everything about the English but are Man U or Liverpool fans. Nothing more pathetic than seeing a bunch of Dubliners singing anti-English songs with English club shirts on.

I've made this point to Britain hating Liverpool fans before. They're a fucking embarrassment.

2 hours ago, Vanoli said:

To be honest, I'd kill for us to enjoy the benefits of having millions of these buying our merch like they do for the big premier league clubs 

They're living in the fake merch capital of the world so we'd probably not see a huge increase 

27 minutes ago, EatDolphins said:

Not %100 certain but the Philippines being an American territory I think their sport is baseball. 

We'll just called it Soccer and tell them it's what David Beckham does, that'll get their attention

When on holiday a good few years ago in Bulgaria the guy running the bar by the pool claimed to be a bear.

I got chatting to him and sure enough he knew everything about the club and comes to Scotland,in the off-season for tourism,to go to the games.

He has also visited most football grounds in Scotland.

Slightly :005:..But I went into the East Enclosure on Saturday and in front of me was 8 big blokes who all came from Norway..They were up on their feet giving it yeha when we got those 3 quick goals at the start of the 2nd half...I always used to enjoy bumping into the Hamburg fans whenever they visited to watch us..The Asian market is very lucrative but having experienced their complete lack of even basic football knowledge at Man City games I can appreciate how that can be viewed as a negative...  

1 hour ago, mclovin said:

Let's be perfectly honest and get down to brass tacks here for a minute... The fact that you claim to live in a world where all Irish people 'hate' all English people probably says more about you than it does about anything else.

30 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Slightly :005:..But I went into the East Enclosure on Saturday and in front of me was 8 big blokes who all came from Norway..They were up on their feet giving it yeha when we got those 3 quick goals at the start of the 2nd half...I always used to enjoy bumping into the Hamburg fans whenever they visited to watch us..The Asian market is very lucrative but having experienced their complete lack of even basic football knowledge at Man City games I can appreciate how that can be viewed as a negative...  

There's been quite a few tourist parties in the EE this season. Big load of Germans before the Scotland/Germany game,Americans, Dutch and some south east Asians too.

This kind of glory-hunting shite is why the fans of the clubs we have played while touring the seaside leagues of Scotland will always have my utmost respect. Let's face it, no Rangers fan will ever know what it's like to support a club who haven't won silverware for say, ten years or longer.

A far shorter trophy-drought would cause many of our own 'loyal' fans to run for the hills wearing their full Chelsea kits.

2 minutes ago, WadeWilson said:

Let's be perfectly honest and get down to brass tacks here for a minute... The fact that you claim to live in a world where all Irish people 'hate' all English people probably says more about you than it does about anything else.

Pretty sure I said irish fans but there we go... 

I've been living in Kenya for the last few months and the appeal the EPL has here is insane and 95+% of the fans support either Arsenal, Chelsea or Man Utd.  Some of the younger kids like City but the dominance that the big teams have is crazy.  Even Liverpool struggle to have any fans out here. Also I have yet to meet one Southampton fan, I assumed that a few would have jumped ship with Wanyama but they really don't care, it's all about the glory.

Also I've been keeping score of the number of our tops I see compared to the mhanks.  We're winning 9-7 :uk:

13 minutes ago, mclovin said:

Pretty sure I said irish fans but there we go... 

So, the Irish fans 'hate' everything English then... The Irish fans of English football clubs who purchase and wear English football tops?

Okeydokey. Thanks for clearing that up, McLovin. :541:

12 minutes ago, Shetland Bear said:

I've been living in Kenya for the last few months and the appeal the EPL has here is insane and 95+% of the fans support either Arsenal, Chelsea or Man Utd.  Some of the younger kids like City but the dominance that the big teams have is crazy.  Even Liverpool struggle to have any fans out here. Also I have yet to meet one Southampton fan, I assumed that a few would have jumped ship with Wanyama but they really don't care, it's all about the glory.

Also I've been keeping score of the number of our tops I see compared to the mhanks.  We're winning 9-7 :uk:

I would like to think a couple of those tops are mine, I used to give them to the boys that washed our clothes for a quick turnaround on my laundry, and our trusted drivers. 

23 minutes ago, WadeWilson said:

So, the Irish fans 'hate' everything English then... The Irish fans of English football clubs who purchase and wear English football tops?

Okeydokey. Thanks for clearing that up, McLovin. :541:

That was kind of the point I was making ....but seems to have gone over your head :541:

3 hours ago, EatDolphins said:

Not %100 certain but the Philippines being an American territory I think their sport is baseball. 

I think Basketball is the biggest sport in the Phillipines. Pretty daft considering they're all fucking tiny.

2 hours ago, Shetland Bear said:

Been proselytising Rangers while you've been there?