Favourite away days along the way?

Gaz52

It's all starting to properly sink in now that we're leaving the lower leagues behind, no more challenge cup, no more standing because there are literally no seats to sit on (cup ties aside) 

I'm just thinking about some of the away days and how truly great some of them where. Forres Mechanics just for the obscurity of it! To Berwick away for the best sing song I've had in a long time, amazing! Easter Road for the 6-2 pumping this season was brilliant. Long trips to Peterhead and Elgin to stand absolutely baltic will forever remain in the memory.

It all started at Brechin away and we've been all over the place. What away days stick out for you? 

20 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Hmm to be honest the lower league grounds once you've seen one you've seen them all. Hibs away is the best trip IMO 

Beating them 2-6 at to the start of the year was a tremendous day.

Smug bastards thought they were strolling it at 1-0

Beating hibs 2 0 last match 

was the first game in a long time that we actually done anything on the road 

the worst was dunfermline 1 1 embarrassing red card protest 

ally holding out for a draw and going 1 up top to hold on to a pathetic unbeaten run

Peterhead ,Elgin and Berwick for the actual day out , can hardly remember any of the games though , enjoyed Arbroath as had some decent boozers ,brechin could also come under this bracket along with queen of the south 

Memorable games include 4-3 at brechin , 2-0 last season at easter road , 6-2 And some of the early season pumpings were enjoyable to watch this season 

Hibs away is probably been the best. As I said on another thread the away days quickly wore off I have tbh and say that I hated it and even the wee clubs coming to us was brutal except the rememberance  card displays as they are always special  but no I'm glad it's almost over and we can get back to playing in half decent stadiums with thousands of bears singing the team on. 

the best for me was sheffield wednesday friendly,my sons first away match down south and had a ball,he could not believe the noise and singing we were doing and neither could the wednesday fans. oh we played shite that night but who cares:party::party::party:

17 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Hibs, Berwck, Brechin, Peterhead,  Forres, Queens, Arbroath.

All for different reasons: Goals, bus journeys, days out, performances, goals. 

Fucking up taigs gardens.

As you've said, the 6-2 Easter Rd game for me.

Finally felt like we were moving in the right direction. Cracking atmosphere as well, and going down by 1 actually made it all the sweeter, still got it recorded on my planner :lol: Always look for myself running down the stairs going mental at Waggy's goal

6 minutes ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

As you've said, the 6-2 Easter Rd game for me.

Finally felt like we were moving in the right direction. Cracking atmosphere as well, and going down by 1 actually made it all the sweeter, still got it recorded on my planner :lol: Always look for myself running down the stairs going mental at Waggy's goal

Hibs 6-2 got papped out and then got back in. Somehow didn't miss any of the goals, can't actually remember much though. Bus home was a belturrrrrrrr

10 minutes ago, giffnockger said:

Hibs 6-2 got papped out and then got back in. Somehow didn't miss any of the goals, can't actually remember much though. Bus home was a belturrrrrrrr

I mind staying in Town after it trying, and failing, to get into every pub in Edinburgh with a Rangers scarf on and a big cheesy grin :lol:

2 minutes ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

I mind staying in Town after it trying, and failing, to get into every pub in Edinburgh with a Rangers scarf on and a big cheesy grin :lol:

ha ha I was running up and down doing the same, got some interesting looks