Amoruso delighted at Rangers' revival

Amato

BBC article with some good words from the legend that is big Amo:

Lorenzo Amoruso described his joy at Rangers' promotion to the Premiership as that of "a kid that gets to go out in the countryside and play football".

The Italian, a fans' favourite in his six seasons at Ibrox from 1997-2003, said: "To see my old club back in the Premiership is absolutely fantastic.

"I think what happened a few years ago was not the best choice for Scottish football but I didn't make the decision, someone else did.

"I'm delighted they are back again."

The "choice" the former defender was referring to was a vote in July 2012, by 10 of the 12 Scottish Premier League teams, against an application from the new company running Rangers to play in the top tier.

With the SPL no longer an option, 25 out of 30 Scottish Football League teams then voted in favour of Rangers being admitted to the bottom division.

Amoruso told the BBC's World Service: "Starting from the first day everyone did a fantastic job but I must say this is not the end, it's just the beginning. I would like to see Rangers back on top again.

"You can't think about Rangers having a season where they are just surviving in the Premiership - Rangers isn't about that.

"Don't get me wrong, they need to invest but they have done extremely well so you shouldn't change lots of things.

"Rangers have a massive name, an unbelievable history and fantastic support so there are three great reasons why Rangers should start the league trying to win it.

"I'm sure most Celtic supporters probably didn't really enjoy the last four years. No disrespect to the other clubs but without Rangers the league definitely is not the same."

Asked about his passion for the Ibrox club, Amoruso, 44, said: "I never left Rangers, trust me; my body left Rangers.

"But my heart and my brain is always there, that's the way I feel."

4 minutes ago, Amato said:

Asked about his passion for the Ibrox club, Amoruso, 44, said: "I never left Rangers, trust me; my body left Rangers.

"But my heart and my brain is always there, that's the way I feel."

How often do we hear that. Once a Ger always a Ger

:dioufcheer:

Just noticed you can change your name by admin. No need to fuck about by deed poll here :lol: 

35 minutes ago, bluepeter said:

I can do it for you if you want?

34 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

That would be great, cheers!

28 minutes ago, bluepeter said:

Name already taken.

27 minutes ago, bluepeter said:

Will that do?

18 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

Yeah, that's grand! (tu)

27 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Used to love the big man and some really nice words from him.

Heard a story a couple years ago that put me right off him but.

Can you tell us? Although I don't think anything will change my opinion of him. A true Bear.

4 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

Can you tell us? Although I don't think anything will change my opinion of him. A true Bear.

I'm certain I'm not the only one of this forum that would have heard but just painted him in a bad light. Seems he's only interested in us when it makes his wallet fatter so to speak.

As mentioned earlier, nice words from him all the same but won't change my opinion of him. 

Can't remember exactly which Old Firm game it was (think might have been the one where Sutton scored early and we ended up winning 3-2) we'd gone to the Nile in town for some light refreshments after the game and stayed all night. At about half 9 the place was getting quieter and Amo just strolled in to the boozer with a big group of Italians and just started chatting to everyone enjoying the banter.

He'd cracked the bar with a belter of a free kick during the game and said that if it'd gone in he'd have bought the full pub a round. He didn't (the cheap bastard!) but he was still brand new and was great to chat to, a proper genuine down to earth guy. Great to see he's still got us in his heart (tu) 

34 minutes ago, Gillete said:

Who were the 5 clubs out the 30 who did NOT vote for us to play in the lower league.

in doing so, they were surely denying us any league to play in

Raith were one possibly alloa.

Airdrie were all for it as I mind an article with Jim ballantyne (iirc) saying he'd vote for us to be in sfl