What's the big idea ally

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Not the case at all as far as I am concerned. Quite a number of fans that I know of still see the same man they seen when it was Ally the player, when they look at him now.

Im sure it's probably different in RSC's over here but any I seem to know or come in contact with don't seem to hold the same views 

I know its not the case as far as YOU are concerned, hence your post.  I was just letting you know that my experience is the exact opposite of yours.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, legalbeagle said:

Still nobody actually disagreeing with what he said then?

Think everyone agrees with what he says, but people are a bit annoyed that he is commenting on the management of Rangers. 

Just now, WGOH said:

Think everyone agrees with what he says, but people are a bit annoyed that he is commenting on the management of Rangers. 

Is he criticising the management? Is he saying anything even remotely controversial? There seem to be posters on RM who live for the mention of his name so that they can complain like hell about him. If you don't like him ignore him, if you don't like what he says, debate it. I agree with what he said, so castigating him for saying something I agree with would be lunacy.

What a shocker! Ally has the same opinion as about 90% of football ppl.... lets slag him off in another thread, you can never have too many in the BD.

The only thing that i can see that is 'wrong'  with what he says is I am one of the 10% that think selik are Fucking shite and couldn't even score against Dundee  TWICE!  we fucking destroyed that team. I honestly think our team would have challenged the mhanks this year had we been promoted.I would also say get your money on Rangers to win the league nxt season @ 8/1 because after  the semi final when we humiliate the inbred fucks that price will half.  Ally McCoist is the best striker in Rangers 144 year history, and i simply can't dislike the man because he failed as a manager, or 'robbed' the club of money. The good times far outweigh the bad regarding Ally, I dread to think where we would be if he did 'walk away' in our darkest hour.

2 minutes ago, legalbeagle said:

Is he criticising the management? Is he saying anything even remotely controversial? There seem to be posters on RM who live for the mention of his name so that they can complain like hell about him. If you don't like him ignore him, if you don't like what he says, debate it. I agree with what he said, so castigating him for saying something I agree with would be lunacy.

I don't know if you're talking to me or in general, but I certainly didn't complain about what he said, he is right and we all know that. 

I get what you mean, of course he is entitled to his opinion. TBH, I don't really care what he has to say, but like everyone he will have something to say and the media will be all over it. 

1 minute ago, WGOH said:

I don't know if you're talking to me or in general, but I certainly didn't complain about what he said, he is right and we all know that. 

I get what you mean, of course he is entitled to his opinion. TBH, I don't really care what he has to say, but like everyone he will have something to say and the media will be all over it. 

Just the general 'you' not directly at your personally. If he was being critical of the management, I would get the problem some people have, but really it is just that he exists that some people hate.

23 minutes ago, legalbeagle said:

Still nobody actually disagreeing with what he said then?

I'd say most would agree that we need to strengthen, however it's a tad rich (no pun intended) McCoist telling us we need spend money considering the millions he wasted on dross players.

One thing Ally will know, not much I'm sure, but he will know that this kind of thing puts good pressure on money men to fund any manager. Looked at in those terms I think Ally is trying to be helpful. I'd suggest he'd help more by just working with a golf charity raising money for others or something.