What's the big idea ally

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, legalbeagle said:

Isn't one pointless hate-Ally thread enough for today? I highly doubt we would win the top league with the current squad, that is all he is saying.

He's right too. I don't value him as a person anymore but that doesn't mean everything he says is automatically wrong.

3 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Here we go again .........

I know!... Ally is going to divide opinion for a long time to come.  Separating the player from the manager is still probably two sides of the same coin for many.

Player = Legend, Manager = (insert opinion here)

I have far too much respect for the player to completely wash my hands of him but can acknowledge it's maybe different for younger bears who didn't witness his amazing playing career for the club.  It's fair to say he's not helping himself at the moment.  He should come out and praise the current set up and make a few apologies and let's see where it goes.

As for the constant Ally threads at the end of tremendous season for the club, as Duncan Bannatyne would say "I'm out!!"..............

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I don't understand why we can't challenge them right now. The scum are absolute shit, they've failed to win in nearly a third of their games this season. We hammered Dundee and they've failed to score in 180 minutes against them, that's without three of our players and Dundee played a reserve team at the dump. 

I would expect us to challenge them in the summer if all the squads stayed the same.

Exactly, just going to copy/pasta what i said in another thread 

We have him to worry about at most, you look at what Their defense have to worry about, Miller, McKay, Forrester and possibly Waghorn. Then there's Holt, Haliday, Wallace and Tavernier. Our goal threat is much bigger than there's.

Like Mr Warburton says, we defend from the front. An important thing he'll have to hammer home is, having Dom Ball in to provide cover as well as Wallace and Tavernier having good communication to have one up and one down.

We keep our defensive line right, by that I mean not having Wilson and Kiernan isolated while everyone else plays striker. Have Dom and either Wallace or Tav around to provide cover. As for our offense, just keep pressure on them. Poking at their defensive line which is poor and will be tired out by the time the first halve is done. 

MWs achievements this season show Ally in a poor light in regard to his management capabilities or lack of them.    He is therefore hardly likely to say MWs team is ready to take on and beat the best of the rest after only 10months in charge.  

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

IMO 3 of our league defeats were unjust and a result of some poor officiating. I can't think of any decision this season that has went for us that impacted the result of a match? That doesn't take away from the fact we've made mistakes and should have done better in those games, but I do honestly believe we should have had more points. 

I think the top division will help us, I don't expect teams to camp 10 men in their own half like we've encountered a lot this season.

Fail to see how we couldn't have a better record than someone like Aberdeen(68 points) and there's no way we would have failed to win in five league matches(losing 4). If they didn't have such a poor spell they would arguably be top right now. Also going by reports Aberdeen have been harshly treated at times from officials, whilst the scum have had some favourable calls. 

The scum are not superior to us, in any way, bar having a much deeper squad. In my honest opinion which I would never have expected to say at this time last season as the gap was massive.

We're not a million miles away but we do need reinforcements. There's been times we've rode our luck a little this season and if we're to seriously challenge them then we can't just go in with the bodies we have (likely minus  Zelalem, Ball, Clark, Bell, Shiels, Law & Templeton) and only bringing in the two boys from Accrington.

It would have been so simple for him to say something like " it will be intriguing to see what changes are made to the Rangers team and how they will improve the team ". In other words a non-committal reply without completely avoiding the question. Not media savvy.

Best he just kept his nose to fuck out of Rangers business.

Where was any the praise in that statement? Mores like soor fuckin grapes, telling us all what we already know and I don't see any reason why we can't take the scum next week. He remains a clown, just a very rich one at our expense, so he can take his opinions where the sun don't shine..

Just now, Grundy said:

It would have been so simple for him to say something like " it will be intriguing to see what changes are made to the Rangers team and how they will improve the team ". In other words a non-committal reply without completely avoiding the question. Not media savvy.

He's not exactly running for President; it's about football not the latest balance of trade figures. The media are excited and who can blame them. A non-committal reply does not sell football; sorry. 

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

He's not exactly running for President; it's about football not the latest balance of trade figures. The media are excited and who can blame them. A non-committal reply does not sell football; sorry. 

Point taken Turnberry but he should be thinking about how his comments will be perceived by the support.