What's the big idea ally

8 minutes ago, legalbeagle said:

Doesn't mention spending millions.

Asked if his old club can challenge Celtic, Coisty said: “At the moment, no. I don’t think Rangers can.

“But then I’m talking about immediately. We don’t know what’s going to happen in the summer.

Maybe you are too slow to get what he is on about but I'd imagine most in here can work it out.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Asked if his old club can challenge Celtic, Coisty said: “At the moment, no. I don’t think Rangers can.

“But then I’m talking about immediately. We don’t know what’s going to happen in the summer.

Maybe you are too slow to get what he is on about but I'd imagine most in here can work it out.

Ah, subtext? Where you can make out that he said whatever you want him to have said. Cool.

4 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

If Ally's opinions, regarding how our club is run and how the team is managed, were at all relevant he would still be our manager.

Good point. Ally even when he was our manager did always slaver some pish to the papers as well.

To be fair he's not wrong, nor is he saying anything that most of us haven't already said. If I'm being pedantic, the 'they' and 'dreams' as opposed to something like 'ambition' are annoying- sure we're not there yet but challenging them next year is hardly something we can only 'dream' about.

11 minutes ago, BF2 said:

:lol: How else are we meant to bring in players and pay their wages?

players leaving freeing up budgets? Don't we have a better squad now than last year but on lower wages? He just says talent, not that we need to spend big.

1 minute ago, legalbeagle said:

players leaving freeing up budgets? Don't we have a better squad now than last year but on lower wages? He just says talent, not that we need to spend big.

So you'd be happy with the same squad size in the top league next season?

4 minutes ago, BF2 said:

So you'd be happy with the same squad size in the top league next season?

Squad size possibly, the manager seems to be ok with that. Maybe if we win the Scottish cup and have Europe to think about we would need a bigger squad.

i think the quality needs to be upped quite a bit, and I do think we need to be spending money.

that is not my point, people assigning comments to McCoist that he didn't say is my point.

14 hours ago, SuperPapac05 said:

Aye, because that 'spending spree' went so fucking well the last time. 

I'll trust the judgment of someone like Mark Warburton who has an eye for young hungry players rather than fat overrated duds who were only signed because they are pals with the manager. 

To be fair, he doesn't say a spending spree.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Howcome we ain't ready to compete?

Aberdeen are competing just now, do people believe they have a better team and squad than us? We couldn't match Aberdeen's points return of 68 points from 32 games in that league? The same Aberdeen who took 1 point from 15 back in the middle of the season, I certainly couldn't see us having such a poor run at any time in the top division.

Are people underrating our players and squad? Overrating the likes of the scum, Aberdeen and Hearts and the rest of the Premiership teams. We recently just pumped Dundee without three players, the scum have failed to score in 180 minutes against them, including a Dundee reserve team at the dump. Yet we would be struggling to match what Aberdeen have achieved this season?

We are ready to compete,  we are not ready to win.

The bottom line is Aberdeen didn't win the league against the worst tarrier side in decades.   I don't believe we have the strength and depth iin the team to sustain a league winning campaign, and we willl need a minimum of 5 new signings to do so.

5 minutes ago, gogzy said:

We are ready to compete,  we are not ready to win.

The bottom line is Aberdeen didn't win the league against the worst tarrier side in decades.   I don't believe we have the strength and depth iin the team to sustain a league winning campaign, and we willl need a minimum of 5 new signings to do so.

The biggest thing that you mentioned is "sustaining".

Our team is by far the most offensive and high tempo team in Scottish football. However we've got a small squad and positions that don't have any replacements. 

What if tav got injured 1/3s into the season and he's out for months. What do we do when 2 of our centre halves get injured, right now we'd have 1 left.

We got a sqaud that can beat every spfl team, but we don't have a sqaud that can beat them  4 times each in a season. Hence additional men are required, some of which are needed to strengthen areas like midfield. Others are needed to provide cover and as allow for some lads to get rest

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

The biggest thing that you mentioned is "sustaining".

Our team is by far the most offensive and high tempo team in Scottish football. However we've got a small squad and positions that don't have any replacements. 

What if tav got injured 1/3s into the season and he's out for months. What do we do when 2 of our centre halves get injured, right now we'd have 1 left.

We got a sqaud that can beat every spfl team, but we don't have a sqaud that can beat them  4 times each in a season. Hence additional men are required, some of which are needed to strengthen areas like midfield. Others are needed to provide cover and as allow for some lads to get rest

(tu)   that's exactly my point.

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Obviously it depends on injuries. 

However if we got as lucky with injuries as we have this season, I see no reason why it's not possible, if the scum lost Griffiths for the season they would be in massive trouble themselves. 

Yeah very lucky, especially when you consider the tackles that's been done on the lads. 

It was sore to lose Waghorn and Holt for a while. 

But yeah the tims would be in massive trouble of they lost that thumb.