Contracts

GTMLivo

So the end of the season is close we've been promoted and can start looking at signing new players ready for the SPL.

However when are some of the big wage earners contracts up? I'm speaking about Templeton Clark Shiels Bell all the deadwood we no longer need. And for some never needed

4 minutes ago, GTMLivo said:

So the end of the season is close we've been promoted and can start looking at signing new players ready for the SPL.

However when are some of the big wage earners contracts up? I'm speaking about Templeton Clark Shiels Bell all the deadwood we no longer need. And for some never needed

All mentioned this summer as far as I'm aware.  I'd keep Sheils for back up, the rest can get to fuck.

4 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

I would keep none of them, we need to be buying first team players as well, not squad players.

This.

We need to improve the overall quality of the squad and guys like Tenpleton, Clark & Shiels aren't going to cut it at the top level.

Hopefully we can get rid of Bell too, but if not I would take the hit and just pay him off.

Temps contract expires 31st aug 2016, Clarks the day after,  Shiels the 31st July. Bell signed a 4 year deal in May 2013

Should save a few bob and release money for good players. As has been stated we dont need bloated squad players - MW likes a tight squad so we really need 1st team standard so i expect a few Bosmans as signing fees are still an issue - but hopefully the money freed can attract a few good ones.

57 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Temps contract expires 31st aug 2016, Clarks the day after,  Shiels the 31st July. Bell signed a 4 year deal in May 2013

Should save a few bob and release money for good players. As has been stated we dont need bloated squad players - MW likes a tight squad so we really need 1st team standard so i expect a few Bosmans as signing fees are still an issue - but hopefully the money freed can attract a few good ones.

Templeton's and Clark's won't expire as late as the end of August. It'll be either after the final game or no later than July 1st. 

5 minutes ago, PeterM said:

i would like to keep clark hes a good player to come on from the bench and does well in the cup

Clark is a bluenose, has a good attitude and always tries hard for us, however i'm not convinced if he came off the bench against Aberdeen, Hearts or Celtic their defences would be shaking in their boots. His goal return has been poor and id expect it to be worse in the SpL. 

I think he is good professional but not sure he's the type of player we should be keeping if we want to improve our squad. 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Keep none of them.  They can't cut it now they won't cut it next season. 

Bell needs to stay until his contract is up as we need a squad keeper. 

I would try to get rid of Bell in the summer. We can probably get a better keeper for less money from England.

I'm pretty sure that only those who have actually proved their worth will be rewarded with a contract by Mr W.

Which will spell the end for Templeton and Clark as a minimum.  Possibly Law, Bell and Shiels as well who I think are at contract end but not entirely sure.