Summer bids for our players

Hello bears, long time no see! Id be surprised if we keep Mckay, if i have to be completely honest. Although i do hope he doesnt make the mistake that the likes of Wilson, Mccabe, Ness, Wylde, Macleod did in the past. Still too young, and should he sign for a Premier league team, the chances are, he will not be getting too much of a game time imo. Rangers is the place where he could grow further.

I think Tavernier will also attract some interest, i am not too sure about Waghorn. The thing about the english players in our team is, if they prove themselves in the SPL, sooner or later they will have a look down south for the opportunity to play in EPL, happened before, will happen again. We just have to wait and see. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the core of our squad are safe in this window as Championship clubs, in the main, won't gamble on a player who has been playing 2nd Tier Scottish Football no matter how good we know they are.

I am also confident none of our guys would entertain League One.

However, if we start ripping arses next season we can expect bids in January defo

On a related point, I have a concern over this £3.5m buy out clause in Windass contract though because I feel we have almost flagged what we see as an acceptable level.

14 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

I think the core of our squad are safe in this window as Championship clubs, in the main, won't gamble on a player who has been playing 2nd Tier Scottish Football no matter how good we know they are.

I am also confident none of our guys would entertain League One.

However, if we start ripping arses next season we can expect bids in January defo

On a related point, I have a concern over this £3.5m buy out clause in Windass contract though because I feel we have almost flagged what we see as an acceptable level.

Depending on how well he does, we could most likely renegotiate the contract to increase the value of the buy out

To be honest I wouldn't expect bids for any of our regular starters unless someone fancies a punt on Mackay as our best young player.

Waghorn, Wes, Tav, Kiernan etc are known in England already and only this season have they finally been consistent albeit in a lower league. I think if they continue to perform well in the SPL next season there could be interest from down South but not yet. 

Players like Bell with a short time left on their contract for me are likely to be sold for small fees, probably to another Scottish club or English League one/Championship side. 

They won't go until they get CL experience IMO. That's was the big selling point in coming here (and will continue to be with this summers recruitment). Lads who were struggling to make it in the the English Championship can go back in 3-4 years seasoned in Europe and domestic success to starting places in EPL teams.

Same applies to the gaffer.