Durrant gone?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sad to see us turning on one of our own. Ian Durrant is a true blue. One of the best midfielders to wear the red, white and blue. He has not done badly over his time. Always amazed how many fans are undiscovered wonder coaches and managers. We must be missing a trick. Perhaps I am old fashioned but Durrant is part of the Rangers family and I would have a place for him before some  tarrier fuck.Thats my view.

10 hours ago, B1872 said:

Love how we treat our own on here! ?

Me too, my all time Rangers hero for various reasons.durranty if there is anyway you are reading some of the shite on here don't take any notice.you will always be the guy along with the 1st and 2nd Iain Ferguson who had a wee teenage Ranger from Germany catch planes and boats and trains to see you touch the ibrox grass with sheer magnificence.love ye jasper.

No Surrender

Rab

7 minutes ago, will2203 said:

Very sad to see us turning on one of our own. Ian Durrant is a true blue. One of the best midfielders to wear the red, white and blue. He has not done badly over his time. Always amazed how many fans are undiscovered wonder coaches and managers. We must be missing a trick. Perhaps I am old fashioned but Durrant is part of the Rangers family and I would have a place for him before some  tarrier fuck.Thats my view.

Perhaps they did - and maybe he refused.  He is one of our own, and he's had a great run with us - but we can't have a hanger on.

7 minutes ago, will2203 said:

This has been the problem at rangers for a long time before Warburton came, I think we can all agree that Durrant is a legend. 

However, being a good Rangers man doesn't qualify you for the job in this modern era. Youth Development is going to be critical to us moving forward as a club.

1 minute ago, MolsGoals said:

This has been the problem at rangers for a long time before Warburton came, I think we can all agree that Durrant is a legend. 

However, being a good Rangers man doesn't qualify you for the job in this modern era. Youth Development is going to be critical to us moving forward as a club.

No but he deserves more than most to be considered a true legend amongst us bears. For me he always will be.one of us.if he had never played for us he would probably have got nicked next to me in osasuna..no many like amoruso could have that in their locker.

No Surrender

Rab

The first time I seen him as a skinny kid with big hair was a midweek game at Parkhead, most youngsters you want to do well but are a bit meh! he had an aura about him right from the off.

I don't remember the score that night or much about the game apart from being well impressed with our new kid.

1 minute ago, Red White & Blue said:

Hopefully, we need a much better youth coach and general system, it seems we lost every week at a youth level while the mhanks swept the league

That's half the story, surely? Some of our best players have been away on loan, which is in all probability better for them and us anyway.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

That's half the story, surely? Some of our best players have been away on loan, which is in all probability better for them and us anyway.

Even before the January mark when they went on loan we didn't seem to win much and I think that's been true more most of Durrant's tenure

Just now, Red White & Blue said:

Even before the January mark when they went on loan we didn't seem to win much and I think that's been true more most of Durrant's tenure

It still feels that many of our results were in the context of having our best youth players away, and also recruiting new players and having them adjust to our system. I think as the seasons go by we will see huge developments in our youth set up. Mark Warburton may want someone not just for what he will do on the coaching side alone, but how that person will liaise with the first team coaches etc.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

It still feels that many of our results were in the context of having our best youth players away, and also recruiting new players and having them adjust to our system. I think as the seasons go by we will see huge developments in our youth set up. Mark Warburton may want someone not just for what he will do on the coaching side alone, but how that person will liaise with the first team coaches etc.

He's also probably looking for someone that plays with his philosophy so youth players can be integrated seamlessly when selected

Just now, Red White & Blue said:

He's also probably looking for someone that plays with his philosophy so youth players can be integrated seamlessly when selected

It's an exciting time for the club, no doubt about it; we will look back on this period gladly I think. The sense that everything is being done to build a solid foundation for the future is tangible. We are in good hands again.

33 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Just because he is a club legend doesn't mean we can keep him on, we want the best in the business and if he doesn't hold that title then we don't want him simple as that.

Tradition is what keeps our Club going. Some would do well to keep that in mind. I want Rangers people in roles at my club. We must have different interpretations of "best". Durrant has been around in some great times for our Club. No-one on this forum can know what has gone on recently. How can we have a top notch youth team when  only two minutes ago we barely had a Club! Wise up friends.

Absolutely loved wee Durranty as a player for us, he was high voltage electricity, (much more productive than dynamite .... :lol:) and the memories he has left countless fans is a legend in it's own right.

I will only remember him as such, as the coaching side pales into insignificance compared to the talent he undoubtably was, unfortunately the wee man was never allowed to attain his full potential due to his horrendous injury at the hands of that out and out thug (I don't even want to say the sheepshagger's name as it still enrages me after all this time) of an Aberdeen player.

So if he is to leave us, I wish him the sincerest of best wishes in whatever he does, and thank him for the part he played in giving me endless joy when he got on the ball ...... mostly when he planted that ball in the net against the scum.

:7325:

1 hour ago, StewGer said:

If he is going then thanks for the memories and all the years of service.

im in Marseille literally right now as it happens and everywhere I walk all I'm thinking about is his goal lol 

shit like that is when you know your a Rangers fan 

If he is moving on then I wish him the very best for the future. Maybe he thinks this is the right time to explore coaching / management of a club and move on from youth team coaching - if so, again, very best wishes.

If I'm following the messages coming out of Ibrox in recent weeks it seems to me MW is in the process of semi-dismantling a fair chunk of the U20 squad to be replaced next season by younger players.   Don't think MW sees much value in the way the development games work in Scotland, preferring players to play in games which are more competitive.   But until there is a change in structure in the Scottish game it might be hard yards for a development team next season as much younger players come up against older opponents with perhaps some discouraging results to go with it as part of what might be a steep learning process for them.   Maybe he doesn't fancy that sort of coaching and motivation role and if that's the case I'd understand that.  Besides which as others have pointed out MW may have a preferred candidate to handle that sort of managerial, coaching and motivation challenge.

A key attribute for any coach is communications, especially at youth level. Listen to how clear and concise MW is. Unfortunately durrant doesn't have that skill. For that reason I don't think he'll ever be a top coach. It's an improvement if he's gone actually.

9 minutes ago, ST8RK said:

A key attribute for any coach is communications, especially at youth level. Listen to how clear and concise MW is. Unfortunately durrant doesn't have that skill. For that reason I don't think he'll ever be a top coach. It's an improvement if he's gone actually.

I disagree. In the nine-in-a-row years this club had many strong characters and to a man they credit two people for lifting them off the deck when they hit a difficult time. One of those two is Ian Durrant.

19 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I disagree. In the nine-in-a-row years this club had many strong characters and to a man they credit two people for lifting them off the deck when they hit a difficult time. One of those two is Ian Durrant.

It's a completely different environment so isn't comparable. Communicating to group of people willing to learn a new skill in training ground environment is not the same as shouting and roaring at peers on the pitch.