Ibrox Forever ?

With all the talk of the sheep leaving the shitehole known as Pittodrie I was wondering if 

1 - Do you think we'll ever leave Ibrox, and if so then when do you think would be a realistic time that it would occur?

2 - For any architects out there will it ever be possible for Ibrox to have continuous seating?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ibrox has excellent transport links, we own much of the land around it and there's even more land to potentially purchase in the future. We also already have our own training base so there's no reason we should ever need to leave. The stadium may be rebuilt but we'll never leave it.

We should never leave Ibrox, too much history, too many memories, the 66 died there and in their memory alone we should always stay at Ibrox.

I see no need to leave the site. I would be in favour of rebuilding with stands again, particularly if it's the cheaper option. 

I'd really love it if we could get information on how long the current stadium can last without significant revamp / total rebuild. If its 5-10 years then we need to be planning ahead for how we can fund the new stadium. I hope the top brass are considering this and we're moving away from the short-termist thinking that was the way at the top for a long time. 

Why do people care so much about continous seating and having a bigger capacity? We do not need a bigger capacity and probably wont ever need to increase capacity by more than a few thousand.

1 hour ago, Red White & Blue said:

I made this thread due to the sheep and West Ham leaving their stadiums 

And that's fuck all to do with us, there's no comparison, our home is a shrine of football they would need to put the bulldozers through mine and thousands of others bodies first before they could pull it down.   Ibrox is much much more than just a football stadium... Its a monument to our absent friends, a  shrine to thousands  and one of world footballs most iconic and historic stadiums.

If we ever move from Ibrox then football in general is fucked. Will never happen, might in the future be rebuilt but I can't ever see us relocating.

If we were able to shift 80,000 season tickets then we'd seriously need to look at moving to a new stadium, as painful as it might be for everyone. We'd hate it but we'd get on with it, because at the end of the day we're there to support the team and always will (no matter where we play). But we're not, so we don't, so it's a moot point.

12 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

And that's fuck all to do with us, there's no comparison, our home is a shrine of football they would need to put the bulldozers through mine and thousands of others bodies first before they could pull it down.   Ibrox is much much more than just a football stadium... Its a monument to our absent friends, a  shrine to thousands  and one of world footballs most iconic and historic stadiums.

If we ever move from Ibrox then football in general is fucked. Will never happen, might in the future be rebuilt but I can't ever see us relocating.

This

Every new stadium looks the same, cheap shite with no soul!...no way I'd ever want to leave IBROX ??????