Safe Standing at Ibrox

13 minutes ago, five stars said:

East Enclosure first then the West if there's enough demand for it.

Leave the East Enclosure as it is I have mobility issues and registered disabled but can do the stairs and can get to my seat just.Been ST holder for years.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO our support has changed since we went all seated in the way we regard a certain seat as "ours". Remember what happened last year with the UB's asking to move to the copland?

2 hours ago, The Educator said:

There are better things to spend cash on than ripping out seats and putting in ones that allow a standing area at some games, don't forget a standing area will not increase the capacity in the area of the stadium where they would be installed. As a club we have to strengthen the squad and of the field thare are still plenty of thing to be sorted out that may require cash.

But it will give the fans who want to stand which I think there will be 1000s the choice.

• 2 weeks later...

There is absolutely no comparison to the excitement generated by a terracing compared to an all seated stadium.

At my first game as kid at ibrox ma da took me to the stand for safety.

During the game he asked me how i liked being at the game. I told him it was magic but, pointing to the Copland road end where it was pandemonium, asked him if we could go in there next time.

He laughed and obliged.

Make this happen now, Rangers!

On 5/17/2016 at 0:17 PM, The Educator said:

There are better things to spend cash on than ripping out seats and putting in ones that allow a standing area at some games, don't forget a standing area will not increase the capacity in the area of the stadium where they would be installed. As a club we have to strengthen the squad and of the field thare are still plenty of thing to be sorted out that may require cash.

Did you ever attend an old firm game at ibrox when there was only seating in the main stand?

On 5/17/2016 at 1:15 PM, PRW. said:

If Rangers truly do want Ibrox to have a fantastic atmosphere, not just once or twice a season, then they'll invest in this and put it in the Copland Front.

The excitement generated by this group will create so much atmosphere and intimidation, it will motivate the team to win games they otherwise wouldn't.

Great atmospheres will also sell more seats at wee games that many would not otherwise attend. Which means more money for the club with pie and bovril sales etc...

24 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The sooner we get safe standing and alcohol back in to football grounds the better. 

Imagine the booze ban was lifted for a section of support deemed sound by the club. I wonder if that would work. 

14 minutes ago, WilliamFyfe said:

Imagine the booze ban was lifted for a section of support deemed sound by the club. I wonder if that would work. 

It should be lifted completely.  Football fans all across Europe can go to the football and drink beer and we're missing out.  People are getting pished anyway so it's not like it prevents anything.  There's people walking around outside the stadium before the games with bottles of Buckfast in their back pocket which often find there way in to the stadium.  If people aren't allowed to drink inside they just binge drink it outside.

24 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

It should be lifted completely.  Football fans all across Europe can go to the football and drink beer and we're missing out.  People are getting pished anyway so it's not like it prevents anything.  There's people walking around outside the stadium before the games with bottles of Buckfast in their back pocket which often find there way in to the stadium.  If people aren't allowed to drink inside they just binge drink it outside.

You're right. Maybe people would drink less in the pubs or busses and pace themselves throughout the match. 

8 hours ago, baxterboy said:

Did you ever attend an old firm game at ibrox when there was only seating in the main stand?

My first old firm victory was at the girodome when it was still a terrace. When Rangers scored the place went ballastic, it was amazing. I went one way and my cousins went the other. Took a good five minutes minutes to find them after everyone had calmed down. Not experienced anything else like it.

That's my memory off being on a terrace but it won't be the same with the rail seating. I think a lot of people would be disappointed.

9 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The sooner we get safe standing and alcohol back in to football grounds the better. 

After the cup final carry on i can't ever see alcohol being allowed for the foreseeable future. Also the tims cannot be trusted when drunk, yet they're the ones pushing for it the hardest.

The 'that's my seat and I'm moving for no cunt' mentality would scupper any plans to turn the Copland front into safe standing, the only place the majority of ST holders would vote for this to happen is Broomloan front 1  and  possibly BF2, too many lazy cunts set in their ways who just want to sit on their arse for 90 minutes eating hot dogs and moaning like fuck if anybody stands up or sings a naughty song. Fuck, even when we close the club deck for cup matches we get people taking the huff and refusing to attend because they canny sit on 'their own seat '...We're our own worst enemy at times. 

49 minutes ago, corkinator said:

After the cup final carry on i can't ever see alcohol being allowed for the foreseeable future. Also the tims cannot be trusted when drunk, yet they're the ones pushing for it the hardest.

I agree - probably set this cause back 20 years, at least.

For the life of me, I can't understand why the UB's want to be in BF1. Stuck right in the end of the stand, while a few hundered away fans sit in the SJ corner & are heard all round the stadium. If it was up to me, I'd stick all the away fans in BF1 & move the UB's up to the SJ corner & then depending on how many are there, start off by giving them BF5, then BF4 etc. The sound from that corner travels all round the stadium.

15 hours ago, The Educator said:

For the bulk of my time attending Ibrox there were no seats except for the top tier of main stand.

Then it is beyond my comprehension how anyone who has experienced the terracing at ibrox during an old firm game - which is, without doubt, the most exhilarating, electrifying phenomena in all of sport could write what you did.

On sunday i attended the Indy 500.

There were close to half a million people and the announcer described it as the greatest sporting event in history.

It was amazing.

However, relative to the terracing at ibrox during an old firm game, it was as exciting as a game of bingo.