G.E.C.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Was he fuck he along with Sir David Weir steadied the ship after the clusterfuck made by PLG's shit cunt defenders. Maybe he wasn't as good as the likes of SDoW, Cuellar & Bougherra but to call him "utter gash" is ridiculous.

Always thought his positioning was suspect and he tended to let his man get a start on him.

Shockingly, people have other opinions that differ from yours.

5 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Basically 9/10 signings under McLeish and mccoist

always remember the young Estonian signing under advocaat, Tero Pentilla.

Nieto, Celik, Maniero, Ortiz, Argiriou, Faure, Cribari.....notice the pattern?!

Pentilla was Finnish mate :lol: 

1 minute ago, cumnockbear said:

Only signed because he won a medal in Seville :crabflute:

Yes, seem to remember he slaughtered the pigs and then for us looked like he had totally lost his legs. Maybe wrong but think he was part of a triple signing along with Ostenstad and emerson. Fuck knows what MacLeish was on at that time.

8 minutes ago, cumnockbear said:

3 minutes ago, cumnockbear said:

1 minute ago, CoopsLaud said:

Yes, seem to remember he slaughtered the pigs and then for us looked like he had totally lost his legs. Maybe wrong but think he was part of a triple signing along with Ostenstad and emerson. Fuck knows what MacLeish was on at that time.

Acid :lol: 

1 hour ago, Drumloyal said:

Always thought his positioning was suspect and he tended to let his man get a start on him.

Shockingly, people have other opinions that differ from yours.

You will struggle to find a single person who agrees with you though, sure you can have an opinion, but it's clear to all that your opinion is wrong.

6 hours ago, Galloway Bear said:

Moses Ashikodi was fkn stinking did he even kick a ball???

Alejandro Bedoya was also pants

Francesco Stella as well 

all fkn bogging

Wouldn't say bedoya was pants, don't think he got a fair run, USA regular and doing well in Ligue 1 now.

Some of the players mentioned in this thread were poor signings with hindsight, but at the time I don't remember many complaints about signing players like Rothen, Guivarc'h etc. 

For the most bizarre signings, it's pretty much take your pick from any of McCoist's apart from the few successes. How anyone would think signing players like Cribari or Faure the lower leagues in Scotland was a good idea, i'll never know.

23 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

You will struggle to find a single person who agrees with you though, sure you can have an opinion, but it's clear to all that your opinion is wrong.

Aye ok boss, good to know that you are the authority on who's opinion is valid. 

Most of McLeish and McCoists signings. Ostenstad, Jeffers, Stella, Cribari, Celik. Dear oh dear.

Billy King I thought was strange. If it had been anyone other than Warburton I would've been certain he was signed just as a piss take :lol:

Taking Ricky Foster ON LOAN was a fucking bizarre and low one. Shows how skint and desperate we were taking players on loan from the Sheep. 

Jesper Christiansen was another weird one. Never played many games and the games he did play showed the reason why. 

6 minutes ago, SuperPapac05 said:

Taking Ricky Foster ON LOAN was a fucking bizarre and low one. Shows how skint and desperate we were taking players on loan from the Sheep. 

Jesper Christiansen was another weird one. Never played many games and the games he did play showed the reason why. 

Christiansen had played 16 professional games when we signed him. That was bizarre.  He went on to play 140 games for Copenhagen though so couldn't have been terrible.

Mo Johnstone without a doubt. It was like 9/11, Princess Diana's death, and the fall of the Soviet Union in terms of it's unexpectedness to a Rangers supporter. I was in primary two or something and it made my chin hit the floor and left me speechless for a day or two. Very unusual level of feeling and mixed emotions for football.

After that it must be Prodan and Kyle for me.

The latter made me realise just how fucked up everything had become for us. He came on at half time in our first game in the 3rd division at Ibrox, I think it was, and the size of him made me feel sorry for Rangers, Ibrox, our ancestors, all the good players who never got a chance, guys who were punted like Alex Ferguson, all the supporters, the pitch, and everything else that had ever been associated with our club. He came running out the tunnel straight towards me and he really was like a sumo monster. Never felt so sad, outside of family deaths, in my life. No offence to the lad but he was just so over weight I could not believe we had signed him.

Prodan was a strange one. Even though we had money compared to most clubs back then because TV money had less influence, we still often had to pay over the odds or take risks to land stars. I think this is what happened with signing an injured player like him. Remember we done the same with Amoruso but thankfully we got a good result with him.

Madness now to think how wasteful and flash we were under Murray. Totally against all the principles of Rangers history. Never again.