How Much Will Yesterday Affect Us?

I'm not talking about the disappointment of a cup defeat, or even the missing out on Europe, but how much will yesterday affect us in terms of recruitment.

How many potential players will look at the scenes yesterday, and think 'that's not for me'?

Fuck Scottish football, I hate the fucking lot of them.

our captain is supposedly considering retiring after yesterdays events and i bet you Joey Barton will most definitely not be coming to us next season. it will make attracting players a lot harder. not just us but for other scottish teams. 

i don't blame any player out there for not wanting to come play in scotland. you don't go play football and fear for your safety. 

I just hope it doesn't have an effect on our current players. Can't have them going to places like tynecastle, pittodrie and celtic park next season and being intimidated by the atmosphere in fear that something like yesterday may happen again

1 minute ago, BluesClues said:

I'm not talking about the disappointment of a cup defeat, or even the missing out on Europe, but how much will yesterday affect us in terms of recruitment.

How many potential players will look at the scenes yesterday, and think 'that's not for me'?

Fuck Scottish football, I hate the fucking lot of them.

I think it may put a few players off coming to us , but my main concern is MW & DW decide they don't need this nonsense , but again it might just make them more determined to make us league winners next year. 

The fallout from yesterday will be far reaching.

That's why it can't, and I don't think it will, be swept under the carpet. The SFA simply has to stand up and significantly condemn such actions. Football players at the very bare minimum should be able to do their job without fear of being assaulted by opposition fans.

4 minutes ago, one55 said:

our captain is supposedly considering retiring after yesterdays events and i bet you Joey Barton will most definitely not be coming to us next season. it will make attracting players a lot harder. not just us but for other scottish teams. 

i don't blame any player out there for not wanting to come play in scotland. you don't go play football and fear for your safety. 

The Waldo quote was photoshopped

I was worried about that as well that they might stay away from Scottish football.

But at least if any player coming to us now knows he  needs to be up for it and we need to be  winning every game . Wimps need not apply.

10 minutes ago, one55 said:

I saw that about Lee considering jacking it but I don't think he will once thinks settle down for him, but you can imagine him being wary from now on when he heads over to get the ball to take a throw in case someone has a go at him, absolutely shocking that a player has to look over their shoulder every time they play a game. 

It won't imo we will let them have their moment but we will bounce back from that, it's what we do we bounce back better than any other team. Let them have their summer of being SC holders then the reality they aren't getting out of that league next year ha fuckin ha. We will be on the back pages linked with proper talent ready for our assault on 55. Europe can wait. 

2 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

The fallout from yesterday will be far reaching.

That's why it can't, and I don't think it will, be swept under the carpet. The SFA simply has to stand up and significantly condemn such actions. Football players at the very bare minimum should be able to do their job without fear of being assaulted by opposition fans.

In the main, I agree with your post,Al but the SFA has to do a lot more than significantly condemn what happened yesterday; they have to implement a rule that will have severe consequences for any club that has supporters who will breach the field of play in such a manner; plus there will have to be better response from the Police and courts when this occurs, which of course should be the first priority of the Scottish Government.

If we back down on what is a great opportunity to take many of our haters down and get a few truths into the public domain, we will be trashed from here until the end of time. We will reinfirce that we are an easy target and TBH if we do not make a stand we will deserve all we get. Our fans need to get organised and put pressure on both the club and the authorities that we are not letting this go.

14 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

In the main, I agree with your post,Al but the SFA has to do a lot more than significantly condemn what happened yesterday; they have to implement a rule that will have severe consequences for any club that has supporters who will breach the field of play in such a manner; plus there will have to be better response from the Police and courts when this occurs, which of course should be the first priority of the Scottish Government.

The condemnation I refer to would include such punishments. It has to be made abundantly clear what happened yesterday wasn't in anyway acceptable.

This is what happens when you give out tickets to people who dont go to games normally. To the exclusion of genuine fans. Maybe the sfa could look at this as part the sweep sweep enquiry. 

4 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

The condemnation I refer to would include such punishments. It has to be made abundantly clear what happened yesterday wasn't in anyway acceptable.

I realised that as soon as I posted my reply to you,Al (tu) Being awake for over 50 hours and a severe case of jet lag due to  my return from Poland to Australia, then straight into a game that starts at midnight my time, then no sleep due to anger and disappointment sort of dulls the brain. :anguish:

I think it MAY have the opposite effect. Depending on how this is dealt with and how the punishments are handed out by all authorities etc. I think this has opened the eyes of even some of the most bitter against us that this is totally unacceptable. Not all of course but some have reported on this very well IMO.

You would like to think everything must be and should be done to prevent anything like this ever happening again. The police were a fucking joke. To think these cunts have being partaking in fucking viral dancing videos when they should be fucking doing their job of policing the country. Total shambles. Lessons have to be learned and this should never happen again. Of course, maybe I am being naive (not for the first time!). 

If however it is not dealt with properly, I dread to think what the future holds. Tension is at an all time high and everyone of those bastards needs to be held accountable.

The worrying thing about all this is that if the government does not want to protect a huge portion of it's population, they may decide to protect themselves by forming some sort of protestant defence group.

Now surely, not even all these nasty, self-centred politicians want that happening?