Brown

Just now, Jack The Flipper said:

I'm not as confident about next season as some are, perhaps that's why I'm looking at things cautiously. 

Don't get me wrong I'll be disappointed if we don't win the league, but perhaps not as disappointed as the last time we were in the premier league. Simply because I know it is a work in progress and a step up of some kind going into the top league.

I am aware it sounds blinkered, arrogant and all the rest, but we are Rangers, we should fear no one. The teams Brown played in certainly didn't , it's part of our ethos IMO and is probably a large reason others despise us.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, reallyruff said:

I am aware it sounds blinkered, arrogant and all the rest, but we are Rangers, we should fear no one. The teams Brown played in certainly didn't , it's part of our ethos IMO and is probably a large reason others despise us.

Course it is, folk at school who got top marks or came first all the time were never really liked. Sad that a lot of these folk haven't matured beyond the classroom.

2 hours ago, Inigo said:

Read the article. He doesn't say 'fear' (dispite it being in the ET headline) or 'scared' once. It's balanced and respectful. Nowt wrong with it.

Says sellic must be 'really worried' and says sellic see us as a 'real threat'.

Also says...

"I think he's a very good manager. He will improve Celtic, so Rangers will have a big fight on their hands next season."... about Brenda. No doubt he'll have been too complementary there too.

I think we get pissed off at ex-Rangers players very easily.

Fuck that. Brown's a legitimate target.

It sometimes seems our fans are all too ready to jump down the throats of some of our former players whenever they open their mouths in the press or on tv.

Bomber in particular seems to get a hard time of it from some on here.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with Bombers comments.He's entitled to offer his opinion when asked at the end of the day,

30 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Like I said - all bomber said is true. H nwever I do think teams use this type of thing to motivate playero one hasf - just look at HIVS anditthe hibsed it thing. MW isoesn't use minfrom their mates anywayd games, doesn't come across as arrogant, I think we all agree that he sets a good example as to what our club is and always has been about. 

I wish Bomber would follow suit and show a bit of class.

If teams need to use what some ex pro says to motovate themselves then they are cheating themselves and their paying fans by not trying as hard If no one has said anything to wind them up, yes the odd player will react to that sort of thing but you will find they are the ones who support one of our rivals and are getting It tight from their own pals to beat us never mind a throw away comment by an ex player. 

Hibs won because we made mistakes and never turned up after we went 2-1 up,Hibs smelt blood and because of bad defending from our front players by giving the ball away and terrible marking at two corners Is the reason, do you honestly believe Hibs were thinking what someone had said In a newpaper the last 20 min ?

1 minute ago, piperpete said:

If teams need to use what some ex pro says to motovate themselves then they are cheating themselves and their paying fans by not trying as hard If no one has said anything to wind them up, yes the odd player will react to that sort of thing but you will find they are the ones who support one of our rivals and are getting It tight from their own pals to beat us never mind a throw away comment by an ex player. 

Hibs won because we made mistakes and never turned up after we went 2-1 up,Hibs smelt blood and because of bad defending from our front players by giving the ball away and terrible marking at two corners Is the reason, do you honestly believe Hibs were thinking what someone had said In a newpaper the last 20 min ?

I know what you're saying, but we didn't lose that game for one reason only. There is lots of things that effect the game, and the way I see it it's about increasing the possibility of winning by correct preparation mentally and physically. 

Do I think we lost that game soley due to Hibs being motivated by the Hibsed it thing? No

Do I think it contributed to them being up for the game and that helped them win the match? Yes

If our players were match, our preparation was more fitting, and our players were up for it mentally would it have mattered what Hibs did? No

I see it as just increasing probability of success and that helps in those matches throughout a season when it could go either way, as everyone has a dip in form - it can't be helped. Some matches are on a knife edge.

44 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Yup he was as a player as well, and I respect his career with us. I just don't like the way he words things in the press some times.

Thanks for the sensible post mate, nice to have a bear wanting to interface with another bear amiably instead of trying to start an argument. :)

Hold no grudges mate .We are all bears after all .(tu)

48 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Yup he was as a player as well, and I respect his career with us. I just don't like the way he words things in the press some times.

Thanks for the sensible post mate, nice to have a bear wanting to interface with another bear amiably instead of trying to start an argument. :)

'Knickers in a twist'. 'Dick'. 'Amiably instead of trying to start an argument'.

Dry yer eyes, buddy.

4 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

You missed the sarcasm I presume (tu)

:lol: I couldn't tell if you were being serious or sarcastic, so I went with a reply that could go either way.

1 hour ago, montana100 said:

Bomber hit a sore note with scum fc fans, twitter went nuts because he said, they were worried. Good on him. 

The Celtic board are bricking it. They tried to build a dynasty on the cheap and it's backfired.

The arse fell out of that plan when we played them off the park and they were blowing out their arse.

They've tried every trick in the book to destroy us, humiliate us, demean us, but we're fucking back.

They know it, and they're worried because we're alive and playing the classiest football that this country hasn't seen for a long long time.

So, considering what we've been through, it's awright tae be a wee bit gallus with the bastards. After all, if we weren't, we wouldn't be from Glesga, would we! ;)

10 hours ago, reallyruff said:

The teams brown played in won 9iar and were full of world class players worth multi millions not a good comparison lol

got to say I agree it will be between the old firm next season but how much Celtic go out and buy this summer will be a big decider in the equation

1 hour ago, The No.9 said:

The teams brown played in won 9iar and were full of world class players worth multi millions not a good comparison lol

got to say I agree it will be between the old firm next season but how much Celtic go out and buy this summer will be a big decider in the equation

And yet for all that supposed superiority, one of Browns most memorable games was a last day decider against the sheep, or were they world class too?

Whatever the reasons , it still stands that the teams he was a part of would not countenance feeling fear of the opposition, respect yes, fear never.

15 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

We all get pissed off when half heed or inbred sutton start spouting their shit, but although far more tame - bomber is pissing me off. He's just said the sheep can forget it regarding being in the running for the title and that the scum are running scared of us - proven by them bringing in rodgers. 

Now, it's ok saying this as a fan and having a bit of banter about it - we know what bomber said is true, however, he should understand that all he's doing is motivating them to do better and should shut the hell up.

What do you lads and lassies think? It's annoying when we put up with this shit, and we should rise above it and show our class - though, seems some don't see it that way.

He is only telling it like it is.The mhanks don't need motivation as Rangers being promoted was all the motivation required

4 hours ago, AlBear85 said:

Classic case of 'I don't like the guy so I'm going to take his quotes out of context and not even fully quote him so people can make up their own minds' thread.

Love this place.

Youre wrong, I do like bomber, he's passionate about us. I cringe when he talks to the press, that's all. 

I guess this is a classic case of jumping to conclusions.

Just now, Jack The Flipper said:

Youre wrong, I do like bomber, he's passionate about us. I cringe when he talks to the press, that's all. 

I guess this is a classic case of jumping to conclusions.

Beautifully summed up your own thread.