Guardian: Waghorn and Tav reject new deals

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, gsa said:

"Tav" as the cool kids call him is in all honesty not a very good player. Scoring some spectacular goals in a very dominant team playing against part timers doesn't make you Dani Alves. 

Waghorn is decent but will he ever really be a top player? Can he very, very wasteful in front of goal. He's no youngster and if he doesn't step up this season he's not got it. 

They both should've waited until a few months into the season. If they replicated last seasons form in the higher league then fine, more money.

As yet they've only proven themselves against the likes of Alloa and Raith Rovers.

In my opinion they've both been a bit stupid (assuming of course, stories are true).

I know you have said assuming mate however we cannot possibly assume anything as we know nothing for any certainty.  Opinions as ever and Tav seems to divide opinion however for me he is a vey useful member of our squad.  Danny Alves he might not be however that comparison means nothing, we aren't in that market or even near it.  

I think both players have arrived at the club, embraced the opportunity and given off a impression of being genuinely proud to play for us (as they should).  Both played a part in (imo) a great season for us.  Can they step up? Who knows? I think so btw.  Not having a go at you gsa however in general we are too quick to be having a go  (throughout this thread) at guys based on what the absolute shitty and at times agenda driven Scottish press have said.  Barely a week goes by we don't collective agree the press in this country are cunts yet we are willing to question our players because of their word.

i don't see the big deal over this. they only joined us last season and have only proven themselves in the championship. their deals don't end until 2018. i would like to see how they handle the premiership before extending their contract. maybe this time next year or january 2018 think about giving them a new contract. i honestly think it's a bit irresponsible to be offering them contracts right now. dave king shouldn't be allowing it. it's way too early.

3 minutes ago, OhW said:

You quoted and read gsa's post. You must have seen him write Dani Alves. How can you fuck it up and forget how to spell it in the space of two minutes. Mind bog.

I am honestly never sure what to say to such pedantic shite to be honest.  Let's see.  Predictive typing? A genuine mistake? Who knows.  Is it really that big a deal?

2 minutes ago, OhW said:

It's a thread about Tav and Waggy rejecting new deals. No point in brushing stuff under the carpet.

No it's not. It's about a paper article saying they have done this. But hey, you keep trolling folks Twitter accounts ordering them neatly and cut n pasting them in here, just to let us know the square route of fuck all.  

Cheers

50 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Both players have yet to prove themselves at the top level, why would the club want to commit to new improved contracts till we see how they perform in the top league. ?

MW likes giving out new contracts as a reward for players performances. Just like he renewed Halliday and Holt's contracts after 6 months last season. 

1 minute ago, OhW said:

That's not what trolling is, and its hardly a huge effort to type Tavernier into twitter.

Adding words like "neatly" to try and belittle me is dumb.

I wasn't trying to belittle a fellow bear,  apologies. 

I was trying to show how fucking stupid you are. 

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

Just madness stuff like this.

It's horrible mate, at times the advantages of Players etc being on social media are heavily out weighed by the negatives.  Personally I would encourage them not too.

Nobody knows their motivations for turning down a new deal. There's every possibility they appreciate the offer but would rather wait it out for a few months, prove themselves even more then be offered massively improved terms. 

If they were to sign improved deals now then 6 months later be asking for better terms then we'd be calling them greedy. 

I don't remember reading they instigated the contract talks.

The media just doing their usual trying to put a negative spin on it. 

On the one hand can see them wondering after last season and getting us where we are if new players are coming in on better terms than them,, perhaps they are just looking for similar to what others are being offered,, more likely its their agents stoking it up to suit themselves tho.