*****The official Motherwell Vs Rangers thread*****

3 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

Screwed the buses up today and the pub I went wasn't showing the game so I joined the match 27mins in, still 0-0.

Rangers seemed to be dominating and they were having their usual hard time up against the 'Well defence. Just couldn't break them down, but what fucked me up the most about the game was the ref. That Scott Macdonald had at least two Rangers players booked by diving, or going down at the slightest touch.

The training has stuck from his septic days and that ref was so bad that he'll probably get the OF game when it comes along.

He was on a one man mission to make sure Rangers don't get this years fair play award.

Cunt!

You were fortunate to miss the worst of our defensive lapses. That first 30 minutes was enough to give most Bears an aneurysm. SC final levels of defending early on.

1 hour ago, Dutchy said:

Screwed the buses up today and the pub I went wasn't showing the game so I joined the match 27mins in, still 0-0.

Rangers seemed to be dominating and they were having their usual hard time up against the 'Well defence. Just couldn't break them down, but what fucked me up the most about the game was the ref. That Scott Macdonald had at least two Rangers players booked by diving, or going down at the slightest touch.

The training has stuck from his septic days and that ref was so bad that he'll probably get the OF game when it comes along.

He was on a one man mission to make sure Rangers don't get this years fair play award.

Cunt!

He's been doing it for years mate,I remember one game against us he got a penalty out of nothing just by cutting in front of our defender when they were both running shoulder to shoulder chasing a long ball towards our goal.

He's a wee diving bastard that makes any sort of contact look like a foul especially when he's about to lose the ball.

22 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

Cunt!

Motherwell should've scored two in the first 5 mins.

11 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Motherwell should've scored two in the first 5 mins.

But they didn't did they?

it was certainly the majority view in the hivs pub I ended up in. Robbie's Bar on Leith Walk. Although there were a few Rangers guys in there, the were nearer the big screen than I was, surrounded by hivs jokers, laughing at every Rangers misfortune.

But it was 2-0 to the Rangers in the end and that suited me just fine.

12 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Cunt!

He did have a complete shocker of a game.........guy is a blue nose as well !!!

Good performance, fitness levels top notch yet again. If we tighten up the defence and eventually find our killer instinct in front of goal we will win that league this year no questions asked.

Cant wait to see Windass getting a decent run out he looks quality. Thought O'Halloran offered something new as well and hope he takes his chance this season.

22 minutes ago, Camshy said:

He did have a complete shocker of a game.........guy is a blue nose as well !!!

I'm very surprised to hear that, but then again, considering the way the SFA and SPFL are being run these days, he'd probably doing his best to keep his job. Which still makes him a corrupt.

If he refs our next match with a flute instead of a whistle, it still won't make him any better than the ones that are so keen to follow instructions/orders.

Could just be that he's a crap ref! So he'll go far under this regime.

1 hour ago, Dutchy said:

it was certainly the majority view in the hivs pub I ended up in. Robbie's Bar on Leith Walk. Although there were a few Rangers guys in there, the were nearer the big screen than I was, surrounded by hivs jokers, laughing at every Rangers misfortune.

Was letting you know what you missed my man.

19 hours ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

Cnf5KA6UMAAKEg7.jpg

Cnf5pgCWYAEniqf.jpg Cnf6AtkXYAAShKW.jpg

I know it's been said loads before but the new kit is awesome. I think my favourite in my time. Even better than the one with small Tennents logo. Need to go back to the mid 80s for a comparable one. 

1 hour ago, Dutchy said:

Why would you go in there and sit with that lot? Seriously? There's a cracking big Masonic in Leith that shows our games 

48 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Fans sounded incredible on the tele. Especially pre-match as BT were standing right in front of our support, Darryl Currie was loving it by the look of things

Was a mate of mine in my school days. Good gers fan.

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Was letting you know what you missed my man.

I know, the hivs locals were glorifying it as though they'd just a play off or something.

They love to celebrate even if they've no interest in the game.

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Why would you go in there and sit with that lot? Seriously? There's a cracking big Masonic in Leith that shows our games 

I didn't know if I was allowed into the Masonic, but I don't like their beer much anyway.

There are plenty Rangers guys go into that pub as well, but I'd say less since the bloke that used to run it retired. A Rangers man.

Just now, Dutchy said:

I didn't know if I was allowed into the Masonic, but I don't like their beer much anyway.

There are plenty Rangers guys go into that pub as well, but I'd say less since the bloke that used to run it retired. A Rangers man.

Just don't get going into a Hibs pub regardless of the guy that owns it or no liking the pint in the Masonic 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Just don't get going into a Hibs pub regardless of the guy that owns it or no liking the pint in the Masonic 

It's not a hivs pub, it's just near Easter Road, almost right over the road from the Masonic. Rangers, hertz, septic and of course hivs fans go into it. Even fans of other lower division teams.

Oh, I've mentioned hivs already.

Anyway, that's the way it is.

Just now, Dutchy said:

It's not a hivs pub, it's just near Easter Road, almost right over the road from the Masonic. Rangers, hertz, septic and of course hivs fans go into it. Even fans of other lower division teams.

Oh, I've mentioned hivs already.

Anyway, that's the way it is.

A pub is defined by its clientele and you said it's all Hibs fans with the exception of a couple of Rangers fans 

Just now, K.A.I said:

A pub is defined by its clientele and you said it's all Hibs fans with the exception of a couple of Rangers fans 

It wasn't my first choice as the pub I originally went to, Mathers at the West End weren't even showing the game, and that's a pub I considered more Rangers than any in Edinburgh.

Things are not as 'divided' with such clear lines in Edinburgh, but there is a growing number of pubs being taken over by the scumbags these days, or I could just be getting paranoid.

What's your particular interest in where I have an occasional pint?:unsure:

One thing I'd say is I didn't realise the height of Windass and Kranjcar. Which is definitely welcomed.

Was talking to a boy on the train home yesterday and was saying our bench is going to be ridiculously strong this Season. I'd say, without mentioning youths, we'll have 14 players to fit into 6 positions for our midfield 3 and front 3.

Barton, Kranjcar, Dodoo, Windass, Crooks, Rossiter, Holt, Halliday, Forrester, Waghorn, Miller, McKay, MOH & a striker who Warburton suggests he wants to sign.