Hats off to Kiernan today

RFCRobertson

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Coming from the guy who's named after a player's bandage.

and I've actually made posts about other players. Did someone just say selective reading? 

The username is in jest.

You making a thread for all discussion on him, making another one as soon as he wasnt his usual bombscare self and avatars etc is slightly different mate.

Your little mancrush is hindering your ability to see what most other people realise.

24 minutes ago, Tav's Bandage said:

The username is in jest.

You making a thread for all discussion on him, making another one as soon as he wasnt his usual bombscare self and avatars etc is slightly different mate.

Your little mancrush is hindering your ability to see what most other people realise.

Oh yeah i'm sure it is. I mean you must hold Tav in some regard to nickname yourself after him. Maybe a bit of mancrush there? 

and ironically enough, Tav is just as big a bombscare as Kiernan, Wilson and Hill. Hell Tav is sometimes even worse because he can't defend in the slightest, unlike Wilson and Kiernan who do defend and do a good job at it. Not perfect to any stretch of the imagination, but if everyone bashing them were to be believed you'd think we were conceding 5 goals a game. The goal in the accies game came down the left side, the left side that Tav plays on, so already he's in the bad books. Yet everyone looks past him and focuses on Kiernan who failed to intercept it but at that point it's Hills job to clear it. Then Wes to save it. 

The defence isn't carried by 1 guy, it's a team effort from front to back especially if Mr Warburton insists that we defend from the front. I don't have a mancrush on any player, far from it. I'm quite happy to post about any player and I would do so if they deserved it. For example

etc etc

So in no way do I single out Rob Kiernan. I'm quite fair to every player. 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Wilson is dropped = Weir's signing 

Kiernan plays = MW's signing

neither are good enough tbf but I fear the gaffers stubborn streak may hinder us throughout the season. 

Some amount of shite on here :lol: Stubborn streak? Kiernan was picked because he was one of only 2 CB's available and Wilson was suspended. Kiernan is the best of the 3, I don't see how that makes him stubborn. And this shite about him having his favourites, absolute dire stuff, people just make up shite and hope it sticks now.

14 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Some amount of shite on here :lol: Stubborn streak? Kiernan was picked because he was one of only 2 CB's available and Wilson was suspended. Kiernan is the best of the 3, I don't see how that makes him stubborn. And this shite about him having his favourites, absolute dire stuff, people just make up shite and hope it sticks now.

Seriously believe there are posters on here who actually relish failures of any description so they can then trot put 'ah told ye so' routine.  

Thought Keirnan played well today . For me the biggest problem was none of the midfield got beyond the strikers and this made it easy for Hamilton to defend. The midfield we put out as a group have nobody who will go beyond the forwards and as a group should not be put out together again 

19 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Oh yeah i'm sure it is. I mean you must hold Tav in some regard to nickname yourself after him. Maybe a bit of mancrush there? 

and ironically enough, Tav is just as big a bombscare as Kiernan, Wilson and Hill. Hell Tav is sometimes even worse because he can't defend in the slightest, unlike Wilson and Kiernan who do defend and do a good job at it. Not perfect to any stretch of the imagination, but if everyone bashing them were to be believed you'd think we were conceding 5 goals a game. The goal in the accies game came down the left side, the left side that Tav plays on, so already he's in the bad books. Yet everyone looks past him and focuses on Kiernan who failed to intercept it but at that point it's Hills job to clear it. Then Wes to save it. 

The defence isn't carried by 1 guy, it's a team effort from front to back especially if Mr Warburton insists that we defend from the front. I don't have a mancrush on any player, far from it. I'm quite happy to post about any player and I would do so if they deserved it. For example

etc etc

So in no way do I single out Rob Kiernan. I'm quite fair to every player. 

Tav was our best defender by a mile on Saturday.

Did alright today, but very little to do.

And what esteemed poster is it that says he is a good passer? He's only a good passer if you're in the front row of the enclosure and you want a touch of the ball.

Thought he was solid tonight, didnt put a foot wrong defensively, looked to play more direct from the back and made a few forward runs with the ball aswell... Still managed to try the diagonal ball that he always makes an arse of! 

Done the armband proud tonight tho! Hopefully can replicate this in the league  

Played well tonight i thought the whole team were excellent people may mention the level of team we were up against but teams of this level have still troubled us.

Pace up front was the key, i thought dodoo was quality and Moh did really well overall a great team performance.

17 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Very nearly got a goal again tonight @RFCRobertson 

I seen that then Hill got another goal right after him :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Not as bad as "Mr Warburton".

Sign of respect. Better than referring to him as a piece of clothing with magical properties