Dodoo vs Miller in for Waghorn

BluebearDory

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's been a lot of catch that we need to sign a natural CF to complete this team, myself included. Looks like we've already signed one this summer in the shape of Dodoo. If he can do what he did today against better teams he'll change the shape of us this season.

Miller always dropping short makes us easy to defend against through the middle, and we rely on the likes of McKay or the full backs to break them down or penetrate. Because Dodoo can run off the shoulder and hold up its gives us that extra dimension without loosing anything Miller offers. 

It should be 

Mckay Dodoo and MOH.

Dodoo wasn't fantastic tonight but he showed enough. A fraction off the pace or a last ditch tackle stopped him getting a few tonight. But importantly he was central when he should have been but also put a shift in too. I liked what I saw.

Having said all that, he will be dropped for Miller on Saturday. Pretty certain of it.

Dodoo was brilliant. Really intelligent, natural movement - consantly had defenders rolled and on the back foot whereas Waghorn allows them to face the game every time. Massive potential, looking forward to watching us nurture and polish him up - him and Rossiter will be multi million pound assets soon enough, especially when you consider the market for young English talent at the moment.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

I've seen the future today. At least, I hope I have.

Dodoo, or a Dodoo type, is exactly what we've been missing. Plays of the shoulder and runs the lines with a bit of pace. 

Waghorn just doesn't do enough of what we need up front for me. He's not sharp and pacey enough and he doesn't play in the right positions. With a guy like Dodoo, the shape looked much better and we give teams more to think about. We'd be less predictable.

Long term, it's a Dodoo, not a Waghorn. For me the question regards Waghorn is can he play a different role out wide. 

Dodoo seems to offer better angles for through balls, has superb pace and also gets a shot off early . Also both of his goals so far have been from inside the 6 yard box, he looks like the most natural striker we have.

In no way am I dismissing Waggy, he has goals in him but as you say maybe coming in from wide.

15 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Miller's finished and I was happy not to see him at all tonight. 

When Miller came into the team last season he played well individually but the team as a whole got worse. We can't play a front 3 when the focal point of that 3 can't play it so agree that he's finished In terms of being a regular starter anyway.

You could play dodoo with miller supporting, we need to play a guy that is good at being in the centre. We seem to get the ball down the wings no problem, but then seem to have no one in the middle for the cross to go to.

2 hours ago, BluebearDory said:

Me too.  Rossiter has to start in midfield as well. Back to young and hungry for me. 

It's football we're discussing not Toy-boys.
Miller to start and Dodoo to come on with added pace in the second half.

6 hours ago, 72barca said:

It's football we're discussing not Toy-boys.
Miller to start and Dodoo to come on with added pace in the second half.

Get tae fuck with toy boy comments. This isn't the OT and I am allowed to talk football.  I have no doubt MW will still start Miller and I am one of Miller's biggest fans and hope he scores Saturday and proves he still has what it takes.  BUT I feel Dodoo is better at the moment and deserves a starting place. Yes it was a poor opposition last night but the game flowed far better as a whole and he was in much better positions for balls into and around the box. If we haven't got a plan B then at least he showed a wee bit more danger to our plan A.

If you want controversial, I preferred watching him last night to Waggy on Saturday. I just hope it's not a one off and he carries on improving in case we just don't get that striker signing we are waiting for.

2 hours ago, BluebearDory said:

Get tae fuck with toy boy comments. This isn't the OT and I am allowed to talk football.  I have no doubt MW will still start Miller and I am one of Miller's biggest fans and hope he scores Saturday and proves he still has what it takes.  BUT I feel Dodoo is better at the moment and deserves a starting place. Yes it was a poor opposition last night but the game flowed far better as a whole and he was in much better positions for balls into and around the box. If we haven't got a plan B then at least he showed a wee bit more danger to our plan A.

If you want controversial, I preferred watching him last night to Waggy on Saturday. I just hope it's not a one off and he carries on improving in case we just don't get that striker signing we are waiting for.

I also thought the the toy boy comment was ridiculous and your posts on the football are good IMO. :541:

16 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Probably because MW will start Kenny, but we can live in hope. I think Kenny should be used as a sub when required. :541:

He's needing to learn to hold his position when he plays for me he's good but more as an impact sub now. 

16 hours ago, Vanoli said:

Dodoo was brilliant. Really intelligent, natural movement - consantly had defenders rolled and on the back foot whereas Waghorn allows them to face the game every time. Massive potential, looking forward to watching us nurture and polish him up - him and Rossiter will be multi million pound assets soon enough, especially when you consider the market for young English talent at the moment.

I thought he was a bit naive and showed his inexperience at times. Made some really good runs and got in behind but he let the defender get back in a couple of times. Should've got his body between the ball and defender and it would've made it impossible for the defender to get the ball. There was also one where he tried to get it back on his right and if he'd had the confidence to take it on his left he would've scored. 

Still good to see him score but he could've had a hat-trick.