English Football

Clemdog

26 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Can't see City slipping up. 

If City had still been in the Champions League then they might have drawn an EPL game. But they know exactly what they have to do. 

Just keep winning. They have been over the course 3 years running and 4 in a row looks to be incoming. 

1 hour ago, TEFTONG said:

If City had still been in the Champions League then they might have drawn an EPL game. But they know exactly what they have to do. 

Just keep winning. They have been over the course 3 years running and 4 in a row looks to be incoming. 

Do you post as much on the City forum about Rangers as you do on here about City mate? 

Just curious as the majority of your posts on here are about Man City

1 hour ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Do you post as much on the City forum about Rangers as you do on here about City mate? 

Just curious as the majority of your posts on here are about Man City

The majority of my posts in the English football thread are about City...??

Wow...

Next you're going to tell us water is wet. 

I don’t watch enough EPL these days to know for sure, but is De Zerbi a bit of a myth?

Mentioned if before on here that he seems to get talked about for all these big jobs but the results don’t seem to match the hype. After that defeat yesterday Brighton gave only won 6 from their last 28 league games, which is absolutely rotten.

Like I said, I don’t watch enough EPL these days to know for sure, that’s why I’m asking on here, but on the surface it looks like he’s rated more because he’s an “idealist” rather than for what he achieves results wise on the park.

4 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I don’t watch enough EPL these days to know for sure, but is De Zerbi a bit of a myth?

Mentioned if before on here that he seems to get talked about for all these big jobs but the results don’t seem to match the hype. After that defeat yesterday Brighton gave only won 6 from their last 28 league games, which is absolutely rotten.

Like I said, I don’t watch enough EPL these days to know for sure, that’s why I’m asking on here, but on the surface it looks like he’s rated more because he’s an “idealist” rather than for what he achieves results wise on the park.

Injuries this season haven’t helped but I agree. 

@The Specky Forum Organiser @Rangers_no1 this man knows ball

Said the same the other day. Had a great season last year (with a team built by Potter) but he's living off of that. The rest of his managerial career has been pretty average and they've been terrible this year.

No Brighton player scored a single goal in April and with their last 4 games being Villa, Newcastle, Chelsea and Man Utd they could easily end up finishing around 14th behind the likes of Palace (who have also had a bad season).

De Zerbi is not a myth. 

Brighton sold their GK and two best midfielders in the summer.

Estupiñán, Enciso, Gilmour, Mitoma, Ferguson, Pedro, Adingra, Fati and March have all missed many games back to back some a lot of matches.

Had to cope with European football with a smaller squad.

Brighton have not been winning a lot, however they've only lost 12 games. 

Last season Brighton were incredible and he deserves praise for that. He was successful at Sassuolo and his time there is underrated on here it seems. 

He left Shakhtar top, is thought of fondly at Benevento.

There's a reason why Guardiola has praised him so highly.

23 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

De Zerbi is not a myth. 

Brighton sold their GK and two best midfielders in the summer.

Estupiñán, Enciso, Gilmour, Mitoma, Ferguson, Pedro, Adingra, Fati and March have all missed many games back to back some a lot of matches.

Had to cope with European football with a smaller squad.

Brighton have not been winning a lot, however they've only lost 12 games. 

Last season Brighton were incredible and he deserves praise for that. He was successful at Sassuolo and his time there is underrated on here it seems. 

He left Shakhtar top, is thought of fondly at Benevento.

There's a reason why Guardiola has praised him so highly.

I think you've exaggerated a little here.

Shakhtar win the league almost every year, so leaving them top by 2 points is hardly huge praise. 

At Benevento he finished dead last and got relegated in his only season, conceding the most goals in the league and with one of the worst goal differences in Serie A history.

He did well at Sassuolo, but the season before he joined they were in Europe and the season before that they finished 6th, 2 things he never matched in his time there.

Sanchez was dropped in January last season so he's not an excuse for this season. Only 3 players currently injured would get into their strongest 11 (March, Estupinan and Mitoma) yet they still lost 3-0 at the weekend and none of their players have scored since March.

Guardiola's comments really don't mean anything. He has a habit of always making exaggerated comments that are blatantly untrue. He called Matheus Nunes the best midfielder in the world and he's bang average and doesn't get a game. He called Bielsa the best manager in the world too.

I by no means think he is a bad manager, he is good, but he is nowhere near as good as people make out. I would put him in the same bucket as Thomas Frank, who is also a good manager but would need to take a step to a club like Spurs before being able to get a top job.

There's a reason why the likes of Bayern and Liverpool haven't even considered him, even though they're down to their 3rd/4th/5th choices and he seems to get put forward by pundits and journalists for any big job that comes available. 

3 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Shakhtar win the league almost every year, so leaving them top by 2 points is hardly huge praise. 

Deserves more praise than 'average'

Kyiv won the league the year prior.

You wanked over Ten Hags simple run to a league cup final..

He did well at Sassuolo, but the season before he joined they were in Europe and the season before that they finished 6th, 2 things he never matched in his time there.

Not true.

They finished 6th in 15/16, the next two seasons they finished 12th and 11th. De Zerbi took over in the 18/19 season.

Since he left they've went backwards and are on the verge of relegation.

Sanchez was dropped in January last season so he's not an excuse for this season. Only 3 players currently injured would get into their strongest 11 (March, Estupinan and Mitoma) yet they still lost 3-0 at the weekend and none of their players have scored since March.

March not January.

Van Hecke and Milner would, half a team missing!