Wallace & McKay

Snakeater

24 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Are you saying Lee Wallace is/has been a passenger?

Absolutely imo only the past 2 at ibrox,  he has been extremely poor v  Hamilton and Motherwell. I'm not saying he is a passenger but the 2 games seen live at ibrox he has been. Big difference between is/has btw I don't think he has always been and do t think he always will be but recently then yes he has. 

McKay had a frustrating first half but was in good company because not many could have complained if they'd been subbed on 55mins. Despite Barrie's below par performance he still played two brilliant passes which found firstly Wallace and then Miller free in the box but with no striker to pass to. The whole team improved in the second half but imo Barrie has suffered a little due to his reputation growing and opponents doubling and trippling up on him but I've no doubt he'll be a starter most weeks. Wallace has been a little laboured so far this season but will also come good and I also think the team needs to rely on the left side a little less and hopefully Waghorn and Tavs partnership will help provide us with threats down both wings. 

McKay was incredibly frustrating against Motherwell and was very poor, regardless of what anyone says.

Wallace's game is dependant on overlapping runs, neat one twos on the wing and generally working as a pair with the winger so with McKay toiling at the weekend, it affected Waldo aswell.

I wouldn't drop either though for Kilmarnock. The last thing McKay needs is to be dropped after one bad game. Give him a vote of confidence and tell him to go again Friday night and he will come good, along with Wallace.

Wingers can tend to be inconsistent and it's a lot more noticeable if they are having a bad game as they can't get by their man etc so it's nothing to panic about.

15 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Go look at that MOTM thread that compiles all the forum's picks for each match. He won the first 3/4 match in a row

The league cup games against lower league teams?

Being MOTM, only means you were better than the rest doesn't necessarily mean you have had a great game.

Alan McLaren thought Nico was MOTM on Saturday because of two passes.

You think McKay has been good that's fair enough.

He's not been as good as last season, which was part of the OP.

Just now, Dazzler said:

The league cup games against lower league teams?

Being MOTM, only means you were better than the rest doesn't necessarily mean you have had a great game.

Alan McLaren thought Nico was MOTM on Saturday because of two passes.

You think McKay has been good that's fair enough.

He's not been as good as last season, which was part of the OP.

That's the official one, these ones are based on all the forums members voting.

And fair enough. I thought he started excellently, League Cup or not (Motherwell included)) and other than that I don't think he's been that bad. There's a good few players I'd put ahead of him. He could do better but I'm sure he'll get back on top form soon. I'm not really worried about it

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

That's the official one, these ones are based on all the forums members voting.

And fair enough. I thought he started excellently, League Cup or not (Motherwell included)) and other than that I don't think he's been that bad. There's a good few players I'd put ahead of him. He could do better but I'm sure he'll get back on top form soon. I'm not really worried about it

Agreed.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Both have not been at their best but in my opinion no one so far has been at their best but that's football.Said before everyone needs to be at their best not just Kiernan,Wilson etc but everyone and that includes the captain and leader on the park.

1 hour ago, bluewhitevanman said:

Absolutely imo only the past 2 at ibrox,  he has been extremely poor v  Hamilton and Motherwell. I'm not saying he is a passenger but the 2 games seen live at ibrox he has been. Big difference between is/has btw I don't think he has always been and do t think he always will be but recently then yes he has. 

I think using the word passenger is a bit harsh personally but I accept he's not been at his best.

1 hour ago, fanaticCR said:

Surely got to be joking. He's been totally uninterested the pass couple of weeks. One good pass to Wallace doesn't make him exempt from criticism. 

He looks like he can't be fucked anymore. Shying out of tackles and head down as soon as he doesn't beat his man first time. 

couldn't agree more, looks like he doesn't want to be there

Both of them have been extremely poor so far. Some people can't see by McKay. Deserves to be dropped in place for Moh who has looked one of three of our best players so far.

Rarely goes in for a tackle, pretends to track back whilst having no intention of trying to win the ball. He had the Hamilton RB booked within 10 minutes then didn't take him on for the rest of the game:lol:. Sign of a player who believed his hype in the Scottish championship and has completely failed to deliver at the next level so far.

Wallace has also been poor and these stupid calm down hand gestures him and Wilson do infuriate me. Especially when were 1-0 down to Hamilton:lol:. It's amazing how little criticism they both get, when you have Tav crucified at every error he makes.

Actually Tav has made the step up quite easily so far which puts to bed the myth that he can't defend.

8 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Both of them have been extremely poor so far. Some people can't see by McKay. Deserves to be dropped in place for Moh who has looked one of three of our best players so far.

Rarely goes in for a tackle, pretends to track back whilst having no intention of trying to win the ball. He had the Hamilton RB booked within 10 minutes then didn't take him on for the rest of the game:lol:. Sign of a player who believed his hype in the Scottish championship and has completely failed to deliver at the next level so far.

Wallace has also been poor and these stupid calm down hand gestures him and Wilson do infuriate me. Especially when were 1-0 down to Hamilton:lol:. It's amazing how little criticism they both get, when you have Tav crucified at every error he makes.

Actually Tav has made the step up quite easily so far which puts to bed the myth that he can't defend.

Perhaps he is coming to terms with the step up in opposition. It is harder for him if he is playing when we are chasing the game, because the opposition box becomes even more cramped. I would like to see him working more on taking on the final man, and work on his ball into the striker. In fairness, there was a ball for Wallace in the first half that was exceptional.

2 hours ago, Broxi said:

Go look at that MOTM thread that compiles all the forum's picks for each match. He won the first 3/4 match in a row

To be fair I'd take the forum's MOTM picks with a pinch of salt. He's one of the forum favourites so he can do no wrong in the eyes of most on here. He could go 90 minutes without touching the ball and he would still have guys on here wanking over his movement.

I think this thread is a bit harsh on Wallace and McKay especially. Yes, so far they've not reach the levels they did last year but that's the same right the way through the team.

The only ones I'd say have done well so far are Rossiter and possibly Tav.

Said in another thread. 

Wallace is our most inconsistent player. He was blowing out his arse on Saturday. So far he has been average. Making it one good season in three so far. He needs to get his finger out. 

Our slower play doesn't suit Barrie and he looks feart of a tackle to avoid being injured and therefore reverts to stopping his run and playing it back instead. 

One thing both have in common is they are both "confidence" players. 

4 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Bit harsh about the calm down gestures.

Misplaced passes and general poor play gets the fans on the players back, so he is trying to reassure the players and remind them to do the right things.

What would you rather he done?

10 minutes ago, rfc_watp said:

Bit harsh about the calm down gestures.

Misplaced passes and general poor play gets the fans on the players back, so he is trying to reassure the players and remind them to do the right things.

What would you rather he done?

It's not harsh. Calm down when you're 1-0 down at home to relegation candidates? Doesn't sit right with my he should've been showing the passion Halliday and Foderingham did in the same game. That should be done from the captain to shake the whole team. 

McKay and Wallace are like Italian food and wine, they rea,ly need each other or its just not the same.  So far this season they have linked up well on only very rare ocassions.  Barry has great feet but doesn't have the heart/directness of Forrester, something he can work on.

We have little in the way of a challenger for Lee's position and Barry is a confidence player who at this moment needs to play through this wee patch, certainly would not describe either as passengers.

10 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

It's not harsh. Calm down when you're 1-0 down at home to relegation candidates? Doesn't sit right with my he should've been showing the passion Halliday and Foderingham did in the same game. That should be done from the captain to shake the whole team. 

I seen him make the calm down gestures at the weekend and we came back from behind to win the game so it does work.

Wallace isn't the kind of captain to scream and shout and if the players are getting grief from the stands, then a calm head leading the way on the park is what we need - not for him to join in and start slating people. 

McKay has had a relatively poor few games but has still produced.  He was heavily involved with both goals against Dundee and opened up Motherwell with a beautiful pass in the first-half on Saturday.  I don't think he should be dropped and I'll be surprised if Mark Warburton does either.