1 for all the "paranoid Protestants" out there

K.A.I

Why did that BBC Scotland documentary there say with great delight "previously unseen footage" and show the Rangers team in the Tannadice dressing room in 1990 singing Billy Boys with the add/ons including Fuck The Pope and the Vatican and fenian blood? 

Theyve had this footage for almost 30 years but have a show with Spiers, Cosgrove, McKenna, Tom Devine, Jock Brown, Fergus McCann (couple of minor words from their token Gers men McPherson, Traynor) Why reel that out now? The programme was about Scottish football and it's changing landscape 

I know it won't happen because the pricks in charge of our club are the types who would ban a fan in the stand for singing it but rub hands with the players in the dressing room if they were celebrating that way but any player or official that gives as much as the BBC a nod or a word in future should be thrown out the club 

clear agendas here - even if you know who's gonna come on and say otherwise 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Why did that BBC Scotland documentary there say with great delight "previously unseen footage" and show the Rangers team in the Tannadice dressing room in 1990 singing Billy Boys with the add/ons including Fuck The Pope and the Vatican and fenian blood? 

Theyve had this footage for almost 30 years but have a show with Spiers, Cosgrove, McKenna, Tom Devine, Jock Brown, Fergus McCann (couple of minor words from their token Gers men McPherson, Traynor) Why reel that out now? The programme was about Scottish football and it's changing landscape 

I know it won't happen because the pricks in charge of our club are the types who would ban a fan in the stand for singing it but rub hands with the players in the dressing room if they were celebrating that way but any player or official that gives as much as the BBC a nod or a word in future should be thrown out the club 

As someone pointed out in the general sports thread m they made a big deal about changing cultural attitudes and the effect of the Maurice Johnston signing , yet refused to mention the racial abuse mark Walters received at the piggery on his debut . Also they knew exactly what they were doing with that footage of the players singing , utterly irrelevant in the context of the show , but anything to open a can of worms in the first season rangers are back in the premier league and weeks before an old firm game . It even at one point tried to make out like rangers were somehow to blame for the rise of Thatcherism :lol:

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Totally agree. Fought hard against my undoubted bias but the series has started as I thot it would with a blame Rangers angle. There were minor references and footage of 'them' and references to what they believe but once again the majority is anti gers. The next few programmes will be interesting.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

There he is

Ach I knew you'd need some company as you wanted Protestants to read the thread but we don't have many practising Protestants many members probably avoided the thread  - im sure you'll get a god few of the paranoids though! 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I lost track of the amount of times they mentioned the Tories in some form and even said the Protestant vote was lost 

what a scum organisation they are 

So by deduction I'm guessing that only Catholics voted Labour but not for sectarian reasons but because being a Catholic and a Celtic supporter means naturally you're interested in social justice and a more fairer equal society.

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Ach I knew you'd need some company as you wanted Protestants to read the thread but we don't have many practising Protestants many members probably avoided the thread  - im sure you'll get a god few of the paranoids though! 

Scotland said no , get over it ya greeting faced pain in the arse 

3 minutes ago, TheBluebells said:

Think that's it.

What I don't get , the guy that posted the clip has a Rangers first badge yet after the game against taigs at Hampden we got beat last year they came out on social media with a statement damming the fans singing the same song  - where does he stand? Hypocrisy from our own is unreal too 

4 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Maurice Johnston singing the billy boys :lol:

bet berndatte ran for the closet when that came on the tele 

See that very thing though, shows how fucking ridiculous all the outrage now is about songs though doesn't it?

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

What I don't get , the guy that posted the clip has a Rangers first badge yet after the game against taigs at Hampden we got beat last year they came out on social media with a statement damming the fans singing the same song  - where does he stand? Hypocrisy from our own is unreal too 

That's a solid point, our fans (or groups) are a nightmare at times.

I assume he's just added it to his profile for no other reason than just because? 

I don't know if he's actually 'someone' right enough.

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

I really don't get the mentality of the people who brand chants as being harmful. It's the most backwards thing in the whole world. 

Singing a song can get you in more trouble than punching someone. 

People are offended by everything though, the bad man said this, the bad man said that.

Fairly certain it all proper kicked off with the famine song being banned, might be wrong.

Would happily go back to the days where we filled a stadium, they sang whatever they wanted, we sang whatever we wanted, the atmosphere was unreal and then at the final whistle we all leave with our own fans and that's that.

Just now, TheBluebells said:

People are offended by everything though, the bad man said this, the bad man said that.

Fairly certain it all proper kicked off with the famine song being banned, might be wrong.

Would happily go back to the days where we filled a stadium, they sang whatever they wanted, we sang whatever we wanted, the atmosphere was unreal and then at the final whistle we all leave with our own fans and that's that.

Exactly, the world is in a rotten place right now. Where people get offended on other people's behalfs or actively seek to be offended. A lot of humanity is sacrificed when you think about being PC, end of the day it depends on the context that it's used in. 

If someone says it in a spiteful way then yeah, get offended or what not. But if someone tweets something like this, and people get offended, calling it racist and such. Then there is a massive problem with how literal people take the world.

3 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

I really don't get the mentality of the people who brand chants as being harmful. It's the most backwards thing in the whole world. 

Singing a song can get you in more trouble than punching someone. 

Great point - I recently got found guilty of 3/4 assaults yet a boy singing the Billy boys a few months back got 4 months this is SNP and Police Scotland Scotland absolute joke of a place 

one thing I agreed with that bitter old cunt Devine on sectarianism is non existent yet there's never been so much money time and legislation focuses on it 

mental