Reaction From the manager

KingKirk

9 minutes ago, bluebovril said:

Everyone know,s wit the problem is at the back.imo rangers shouldn't be playing a 433 they haven't the players or the flair you need for that formation .

Your thoughts gentlemen??

Definitely not working or do we know the best 11 yet. Too many number 10's

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reaction from the Manager after the game in comments on RTV and on the Rangers website are one thing (as is Miller's reported comments and reaction).     The time for analysis by them and for acknowledging that something will have to be learned / improved is past.

There are 9 league points available to win in Sept.   2 away games and one home game.   The opportunity to go into Sept league fixtures on the back of a track record of convincing league wins has not been taken.   Instead we leave August with a squad that

• has patently not gelled anywhere near sufficiently,
  • already has a number of unfit players and some players who are not whole-match fit,
  • is patently flaky in defence - giving away a goal a game (often as a head start) is not good enough,
  • has consistently found itself unable to convert enough scoring chances into goals,
  • has decided it prefers to go sideways at leisure with the ball rather than forward at pace taking minimum touches,
  • has become risk averse in seeking to get into goal scoring positions to hurt the opposition,
  • has taken individual player and collective team decisions to ignore the analysis of games provided by MW and simply do their own thing at their own pace for much of the time in games (and most certainly in the first half of games),
  • is predicable in the way it tries to play,
  • is not performing as a Rangers team should, 

Are they ready for a tough fixture list in Sept?   The extent to which there is a material improvement will (imo) go some way to defining how capable MW is as a Manager for this league and will go some way to defining what we can expect for the rest of the season.    If at the end of Sept we are reflecting back on how it went and the points above are largely still a reflection of what we have seen in Sept then we will be in for a season where the probability of disappointment about the eventual outcome will displace the optimism which rightly existed at the start of the season.  

On paper the squad should be doing a whole lot better.   But paper assessments are not really worth the paper they are written on.  What counts is wins and points.

fucking sick of listening to his shite. players gelling, learning from mistakes, honest hardworking players, bla bla bla. same thing every time yet nothing changes. 

if we lose against that lot in the east then warburton needs replaced. no point keeping him to the end of the season. this is exactly why i was against extending his contract. we should have kept him on his 3 year and see how he performed this season. now if we want to get rid of him then it's gonna be harder. great job king. 

2 hours ago, William McBeath said:

Anybody know what Warburton said about Barton's substitution? Seen a few post mentioning it as embarrassing but he never mentions him on the interview on this thread.

I think someone mistakenly misquoted him. Barton took a sore one from the red card incident. Has anyone got a link to the so called took off because of booing accusation? I couldn't find it. 

Bizzare accusation. We"d need 11 subs per game if that was the case. Anyhow, Barton is as thick skinned as a Sherman tank.

3 minutes ago, one55 said:

fucking sick of listening to his shite. players gelling, learning from mistakes, honest hardworking players, bla bla bla. same thing every time yet nothing changes. 

if we lose against that lot in the east then warburton needs replaced. no point keeping him to the end of the season. this is exactly why i was against extending his contract. we should have kept him on his 3 year and see how he performed this season. now if we want to get rid of him then it's gonna be harder. great job king. 

You are a simpleton........no words wasted

3 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I think someone mistakenly misquoted him. Barton took a sore one from the red card incident. Has anyone got a link to the so called took off because of booing accusation? I couldn't find it. 

Bizzare accusation. We"d need 11 subs per game if that was the case. Anyhow, Barton is as thick skinned as a Sherman tank.

Cheers bud, the link I used last night was on long enough to see his interview but I was sort of fucked in the head by the result and didn't take it in. I see by what your saying it might be a paper or something. I never knew what he was supposed to have said but that's just daft especially with Barton ffs :lol:

I'd ban a player for a right few games and fine the arse of them because that could have crippled him. 

Same old shite he trotts out after every game.

Why when Kilmarnock went down to ten men did he bring Halliday on to slow the game down even more when it was crying out for someone like O'Halloran?

His selections are baffling at times.

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Same old shite he trotts out after every game.

Why when Kilmarnock went down to ten men did he bring Halliday on to slow the game down even more when it was crying out for someone like O'Halloran?

His selections are baffling at times.

I think.....personally ..MW never in this position before .....but give him some slack....u think

3 minutes ago, nugegz said:

I think.....personally ..MW never in this position before .....but give him some slack....u think

He's been in the same position every single week since the season started and learned nothing it seems.

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

The reaction from the Manager after the game in comments on RTV and on the Rangers website are one thing (as is Miller's reported comments and reaction).     The time for analysis by them and for acknowledging that something will have to be learned / improved is past.

There are 9 league points available to win in Sept.   2 away games and one home game.   The opportunity to go into Sept league fixtures on the back of a track record of convincing league wins has not been taken.   Instead we leave August with a squad that

• has patently not gelled anywhere near sufficiently,
  • already has a number of unfit players and some players who are not whole-match fit,
  • is patently flaky in defence - giving away a goal a game (often as a head start) is not good enough,
  • has consistently found itself unable to convert enough scoring chances into goals,
  • has decided it prefers to go sideways at leisure with the ball rather than forward at pace taking minimum touches,
  • has become risk averse in seeking to get into goal scoring positions to hurt the opposition,
  • has taken individual player and collective team decisions to ignore the analysis of games provided by MW and simply do their own thing at their own pace for much of the time in games (and most certainly in the first half of games),
  • is predicable in the way it tries to play,
  • is not performing as a Rangers team should, 

Are they ready for a tough fixture list in Sept?   The extent to which there is a material improvement will (imo) go some way to defining how capable MW is as a Manager for this league and will go some way to defining what we can expect for the rest of the season.    If at the end of Sept we are reflecting back on how it went and the points above are largely still a reflection of what we have seen in Sept then we will be in for a season where the probability of disappointment about the eventual outcome will displace the optimism which rightly existed at the start of the season.  

On paper the squad should be doing a whole lot better.   But paper assessments are not really worth the paper they are written on.  What counts is wins and points.

Add in the factor ,the beggars are clearly still unfit for Europe but improved significantly enough to be cantering games in this league .

Anything can happen in an old firm game but Aug 2000 is playing heavy heavy on my mind 

1 hour ago, bluebovril said:

wan word for you pal PARANOID

I was only having a laugh because every body gets a bit of stick on here if they are new, are too critical of the team, bad spelling and probably a whole host of other stuff. Its just the way it is because its not face to face and the obsessed would no doubt do anything just to feel they are winding us up because we shagged their team silly for twenty years and they had to sook it right up. I remember going to work and they'd be all chasing me around wanting to talk about Rangers new signing. Their kids only wore the strip to bed and they just did not want to talk about their own team. I remember Celtic fans slagging off their own chances to me before old firm matches and me talking them up because I felt a bit disturbed and pitied them but also because I wanted to pretend they were a rival because we had none. The papers talked all this shite about form going out the window for old firm games but the truth was we simply rode them like a cheap slapper for two decades. This is the reason for the present day obsession and all these old clowns like three names, the other one who actually pretends to be a blue nose, and the forrest one who writes long winded hate fuelled nonsense about us. The sad cunts are still traumatised by what we done to them. Completely owned by the Rangers and the halfwits are too mentally ill to even realise. hahahahahaha 

Long live the obsession :party:

Your use of the word paranoid in capitals is just another nail in your coffin. If I'm wrong then you are just a bear in need of educating. Certainly seems so because even though I ripped you about wit you then replied with wan. It could be I'm wrong and your just a dumb bear. If so then don't take this personal. But I've seen bears drink 3 bottles of wine and make more sense than you.

I was reading this on another Forum. Makes horrible reading.

Since April 2, we have played Ten league games and won only 3, each of these wins have been by a single goal 

They results are as follows (Rangers goals first)

(A) Raith (3-3) DRAW 
(H) Dumbarton (1-0) WIN
(A) Hibs (2-3) DEFEAT 
(H) Alloa (1-1) DRAW
(A) Livingson (0-1) DEFEAT 
(A) St Mirren (2-2) DRAW 

(H) Hamilton (1-1) DRAW 
(A) Dundee (2-1) WIN 
(H) Motherwell (2-1) WIN 
(A) Kilmarnock (1-1) DRAW 

32 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

I was only having a laugh because every body gets a bit of stick on here if they are new, are too critical of the team, bad spelling and probably a whole host of other stuff. Its just the way it is because its not face to face and the obsessed would no doubt do anything just to feel they are winding us up because we shagged their team silly for twenty years and they had to sook it right up. I remember going to work and they'd be all chasing me around wanting to talk about Rangers new signing. Their kids only wore the strip to bed and they just did not want to talk about their own team. I remember Celtic fans slagging off their own chances to me before old firm matches and me talking them up because I felt a bit disturbed and pitied them but also because I wanted to pretend they were a rival because we had none. The papers talked all this shite about form going out the window for old firm games but the truth was we simply rode them like a cheap slapper for two decades. This is the reason for the present day obsession and all these old clowns like three names, the other one who actually pretends to be a blue nose, and the forrest one who writes long winded hate fuelled nonsense about us. The sad cunts are still traumatised by what we done to them. Completely owned by the Rangers and the halfwits are too mentally ill to even realise. hahahahahaha 

Long live the obsession :party:

Your use of the word paranoid in capitals is just another nail in your coffin. If I'm wrong then you are just a bear in need of educating. Certainly seems so because even though I ripped you about wit you then replied with wan. It could be I'm wrong and your just a dumb bear. If so then don't take this personal. But I've seen bears drink 3 bottles of wine and make more sense than you.

Just pulling your pisser about wit and wan.

I know some people on this forum can

Get a bit touchy about the spelling.

I call them the spelling polis.

Paranoid = that's what some people are on this forum.

Education= I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when spelling is concerned.       But the wit and wan is glesga slang          

A dumb bear no a don't think so mate.

Education= I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when spelling is concerned.       But the wit and wan is glesga slang          

:lol:

Just kidding mate. To be honest if your one of the troops then I'm glad you've stayed with it as I think the forum probably loses some bluenoses because they don't realise the internet is full of laughs and bollocks. I couldn't care about your spelling if your heart bleeds blue. But be warned you will probably get a bit of shit if you continue to be negative whilst writing like that but just persist because people will get used to it and know you are one of us.

Just today I was pulled up because of my believe in the Labour Party and thinking Corbyn was the best way forward so don't think your being victimised.

I was more taking the piss because I thought you were taking the piss or drunk with the spelling. I know plenty of people are dyslexic or stuff like that so if that is the normal way you write then no problem forget me taking the piss and soldier on. Anyway if your not a beast and are a bluenose then all the fucking best on the forum :541:

wit and wan :lol:

Didn't mean to make you out dyslexic just that through friends and a girlfriend I know its common. Not my intention bluenose. I know sounds right cheeky, I was still trapped into thinking your spelling was atrocious but not sure now if your just not bothered or simply struggle that way. Anyway don't give a shit and post away :541:

That's almost poetry Bov. :P

BTW - You doing the Big Ibrox Sleep Out again this year?  Would you advise anyone else to try it? ;)

SL4_zpsm72p7oyo.jpg