Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Senderos!

So, will it be Senderos and A.N. Other as our preferred partnership ?

Senderos and Kiernan, who seems to be the manager's blue-eyed boy, or Senderos and Wilson? Is the signing of Senderos an admission that signing  Hill was a mistake, how many experienced central defenders do we need?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, harlands plater said:

Senderos and Kiernan, who seems to be the manager's blue-eyed boy, or Senderos and Wilson? Is the signing of Senderos an admission that signing  Hill was a mistake, how many experienced central defenders do we need?

2 plus 2 developing

6 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Hopefully him and Wilson, neither great but best we have imo.

2 hours ago, Moody Blue said:

I'd love to sit and say "Welcome to Rangers" but have to say I'm extremely disappointed with the wages being spent on the CH's chosen in this window to resolve our well known issues identified from last season.  Without any doubt in my mind, we will be found out in this department for the weak decision making by management here. Simply not good enough but I do hope I'm made to eat those words.

??Great and honest post .You will be right as I think we will take a hiding next week and I don't normally say this .

Like you said ,I hope I eat my words .

18 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

That's a bad way to compare our centre backs :lol: 

Simply put .Wilson is garbage in the air and powderpuff at tackling .Kiernan is not far behind but at least he wins his headers but lacks so much else .

Our new signing doesn't have s lot to beat but I'm willing to bet he doesn't .

MW for the first time next week is going to be under massive pressure 

Welcome to Rangers and Scotland big man, hopefully you will prove all the doubters within our support wrong.

Any player who has played in a top four EPL team and won trophies with them and been capped for his country which is ranked way above Scotland, will do the job in the SPFL.

He cannot be any worse than our present centre half pairing.

7 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Simply put .Wilson is garbage in the air and powderpuff at tackling .Kiernan is not far behind but at least he wins his headers but lacks so much else .

Our new signing doesn't have s lot to beat but I'm willing to bet he doesn't .

MW for the first time next week is going to be under massive pressure 

The only pressure he will be under is what the Internet fan boys on him.    Fans keep banging on about plan b etc but show me teams that actually have a plan b?  None than I can think of. Ok some get desperate and go long  but that's about it.  Our fans go on like the manager should have a master plan but again no one in football does.   Managers get called tactical geniuses but in reality they're just really good motivators 

6 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

The only pressure he will be under is what the Internet fan boys on him.    Fans keep banging on about plan b etc but show me teams that actually have a plan b?  None than I can think of. Ok some get desperate and go long  but that's about it.  Our fans go on like the manager should have a master plan but again no one in football does.   Managers get called tactical geniuses but in reality they're just really good motivators 

Master plan eh ? The very least we expect of our Manager ,is to know a central defender and that I'm afraid is not happening 

Too late at night for the Rangers media team posting its transfer roundup report of who joined and who left.   I see from the website that we have signed Philippee Senderos. 

Welcome to Rangers Philippee. 

Ah well.   I suppose it was a busy night and a lot of names to check before releasing the summary.  

8 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Master plan eh ? The very least we expect of our Manager ,is to know a central defender and that I'm afraid is not happening 

Danny Wilson at hearts was more than solid. Teams with 2 young centre backs will make mistakes but again he will be trying to coach them out of it rather than buy his way out of it. It might not work but then again it might. Let the guy build a team with the tools he's dealt and see where it takes us. This is what we wanted after all when mccoist was in charge. 

Just now, loyalfollower said:

Danny Wilson at hearts was more than solid. Teams with 2 young centre backs will make mistakes but again he will be trying to coach them out of it rather than buy his way out of it. It might not work but then again it might. Let the guy build a team with the tools he's dealt and see where it takes us. This is what we wanted after all when mccoist was in charge. 

Rubbish .You just don't know a player mate .I said it before he signed I wanted beggars to sign him ...He came to us .

He is a shocking defender and will never do for Rangers 

We also lost the cup final because both him and Kiernan can't attack the headers 

I will never forgive for that 

Wilson does come in for some way OTT criticism. Put a good centre-back next to him (like he had with Weir before) and he's a quality centre-half

Hopefully Senderos is the man to bring the best out in Wilson again