CCTV Strike on the weekend of the OF

Rambo1872

2 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

Seen an article that the staff doing shifts for the CCTV coverage are going on strike the full weekend of the old firm. I might be over reacting but would the plod potentially reschedule the match on safety reasons etc?

Should be OK m8, apparently it's only the cameras pointed at that mob who's staff are striking so the game should go ahead as planned 

they'll get temp staff in and maybe have manning levels a little lower than usual but if anyone thinks the CCTV won't be manned they're mental lol

There's Police Control rooms too that have the best of gear.

I've been on CCTV courses before and you wouldn't believe how every inch is covered and what resources they can fall back on - the CCTV records for 28 or 31 days depending on the system and how it's licenced so if there's an incident they can rewind the footage and still jail people.

Bit of a nothing story given credence because it's Old Firm weekend.

The CCTV cameras will still be running, it's just that they (the cops) won't be able to respond to anything right away, if the CCTV are not manned, as there'll be nobody to tell them anything. 

If you're planning a 'blag' on the weekend, you still need to keep a watch out for CCTV, as they may not catch you in the act, but you'll probably get an early morning call, Monday, or Tuesday, if your face shows up on any CCTV.

The Shit Brigade get away with whatever they want at the scumdome anyway so what's the problem? I am sure focus will be happy to provide plenty of officers to video our supporters in the section we are given, they won't do fuck all but video you so if you sing a naughty word your nicked.

1 hour ago, big blue Fin said:

I saw this report on the news and couldn't believe it. 

Even in this day and age there is still a huge potential for violence before during and after this fixture. I just hope the fenians don't manage to kill any one that weekend.

Do you think any of the scum would get blamed for it even if there was cctv trained on every one of the fckers. 

On 02/09/2016 at 9:56 PM, M0NTY said:

Seen an article that the staff doing shifts for the CCTV coverage are going on strike the full weekend of the old firm. I might be over reacting but would the plod potentially reschedule the match on safety reasons etc?

Surely they'd get some outside agency in to do the CCTV, the game is too high profile not to have this. If they are to be unmanned then will our stewards be filming just in case our players are attacked again?

On 02/09/2016 at 11:08 PM, K.A.I said:

they'll get temp staff in and maybe have manning levels a little lower than usual but if anyone thinks the CCTV won't be manned they're mental lol

There's Police Control rooms too that have the best of gear.

I've been on CCTV courses before and you wouldn't believe how every inch is covered and what resources they can fall back on - the CCTV records for 28 or 31 days depending on the system and how it's licenced so if there's an incident they can rewind the footage and still jail people.

Bit of a nothing story given credence because it's Old Firm weekend.

Yep spot on, added to which you have the abundance of privately owed cameras, the resolution/capability/quality is frightening, and they are absolutely fucking everywhere.

A mate of mine was alleged to have snatched a cash box from a cash transit guard filling up a cash machine, literally took seconds, bosh, in and out, the cctv from the shop itself and the chemist next door, quality wise was fucking immense.

Despite the cctv the jury accepted the boy had merely found the empty cash box, (paint bomb still intact) and obviously he had absolutely no idea where the missing 60k had gone, he was only found guilty of being in possession of stolen property, ie the empty box.

But the quality of the cctv used in evidence was an real eye opener.

edit. happily, after serving his relatively short sentence the boys luck took a turn for the better when a relative karked it and left him a wee tidy sum.

Swings and roundabouts and all that...