Kranjcar = Rothen = Capucho

stewaj3

35 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

How on earth is that a brilliant post? I'd call it a childish view.

Kranjcar was knackered, hence the reason he was diving to the feet of the strolling Israeli and sticking a lazy leg out to clip Rogic, picking-up a yellow in the process.

Suggesting that Collum wanted to send one of our players off was sheer paranoia; Kranjcar was very lucky to remain on the pitch and there can be absolutely zero argument against Senderos' dismissal.

You talk absolute pish btw. He had two fouls the first half and got booked for one. It took for Toure's 5th foul for a booking, he could've been sent off for the foul on garner. 

Sheer paranoia:lol: Nope just looking for consistency. Remember he was the ref who gave a penalty against us when the player was 5 yards outside the box... Obviously it's just paranoia that most refs who have reffed a Rangers win at Parkhead never got to ref an old firm there again:lol: That's fact not paranoia.  

No-one defended Senderos' dismissal...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Don't post you look even worse. 

It's a strange perception of Krancjar. Once one person says his legs are gone then it becomes gospel. Hitting the deck because his legs had gone? Good argument that. Absolute nonsense. 

Your perception of Kranjcar's performance is frightening.

While you seem have witnessed Kranjcar flying into high-paced, commited 50-50s, I and the real world watched an unfit Kranjcar trip-up Rogic in lazy fashion to pick-up a yellow before lunging at the feet of Biton despite the Israeli strolling.

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

You talk absolute pish btw. He had two fouls the first half and got booked for one. It took for Toure's 5th foul for a booking, he could've been sent off for the foul on garner. 

Sheer paranoia:lol: Nope just looking for consistency. Remember he was the ref who gave a penalty against us when the player was 5 yards outside the box... Obviously it's just paranoia that most refs who have reffed a Rangers win at Parkhead never got to ref an old firm there again:lol: That's fact not paranoia.  

No-one defended Senderos' dismissal...

Two fouls? You've made that up.

The rest, as I said, is paranoia.

1 minute ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Your perception of Kranjcar's performance is frightening.

While you seem have witnessed Kranjcar flying into high-paced, commited 50-50s, I and the real world watched an unfit Kranjcar trip-up Rogic in lazy fashion to pick-up a yellow before lunging at the feet of Biton despite the Israeli strolling.

I hadn't mentioned his performance once I said his game is based on the forwards wanting the ball. What do you expect him to do when Garner has the two CBs on him, Miller is closer to our goal than the oppositions and Mckay is hiding? He either has to look for Tav or play it across the midfield. 

The legs are long gone. His role for us should be off the bench for the last 25 most weeks. That's still leaving room for him to make a huge contribution - how many times have we gone into the last half hour at Ibrox still needing to break down stubborn defences? Niko's an ideal player for that scenario, when other teams are tiring and little concentration lapses start to creep in, he's the man to punish them. Motherwell is a recent example, O'Halloran got the assist for the winner  but the quality was all Kranjcar. 

Just now, Prso's headband said:

I hadn't mentioned his performance once I said his game is based on the forwards wanting the ball. What do you expect him to do when Garner has the two CBs on him, Miller is closer to our goal than the oppositions and Mckay is hiding? He either has to look for Tav or play it across the midfield. 

So, Garner being marked and McKay "hiding" (another debate), plus Willie Collum's apparent desperation to send-off a Rangers players is why Niko Kranjcar, marquee signing of international and Premier League experience, was subbed at half-time in his Old Firm debut?

1 minute ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

So, Garner being marked and McKay "hiding" (another debate), plus Willie Collum's apparent desperation to send-off a Rangers players is why Niko Kranjcar, marquee signing of international and Premier League experience, was subbed at half-time in his Old Firm debut?

If you speak to the majority of fans they will say Krancjar was subbed because he was going to be sent off. Of course there was an element of Collum wanting to send him off, paranoid, course I am. Any game that man has reffed with us involved is normally a shambolic refereeing performance. Can't get away from facts like that. 

How can you honestly expect him to play his game when the players infront of him either don't want the ball or aren't creating space? We all know he's never been the fastest player in the world but he makes up for that in technical ability and to play that way he needs players to move. Not hard to understand.

10 hours ago, stewaj3 said:

A lot of excitement about his pedigree, but the legs have gone.

Will just not do it here as a starter, may make a good impact sub, but he is too much of a passenger to gamble on starting him.

Thoughts?

(tu) All day long and I said it weeks ago 

I may turn out wrong but I'm pretty certain I won't 

Sky showed a graphic across the bottom of the screen on Saturday when they were showing Kranjcar.

The sort of thing where it would usually say something like "x amount of goals in x amount of games" for a striker and so on. For Kranjcar it said "Rangers most used substitute this season (5)" 

If there is anything that sums up how strange our team selection was on Saturday then that must be it.

Fuck off comparing him to Capucho and Rothen though.

28 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

WeirFleckNRothen.

We're fucking rotten.

I was sent that joke by text the day after we lost to that Romanian mob in the Champions League, but it's very much applicable right now.

Why the fuck did it take me that long to realise this? :lol: 

Thoughts are five goals have just been conceded in an Old Firm game for the first time in sixteen years and we were on the end of it.

Never mind Police Scotland pretending they didn't see the blow-up dolls or Lawwell sweeping the banners under the carpet; we've got bigger issues to worry about.

Kranjcar has already had influence in getting the team points, he will assist the team in getting more points throughout the season as part of the squad. The game on Saturday is not a normal game of football especially when the the home team played a spoiling gameagainst other teams it will not be as chaotic and we will get to play football of which he will be influential in some of them.

17 hours ago, bluenoz said:

A few people say the legs are gone and before you know it becomes a common sentiment on here. Niko will have more good games than bad ones for us. He's still got something to offer.

If that's not the case, he's had 10 weeks to get up to speed.

The only other alternative is that he's swinging the lead.

17 hours ago, bluenoz said:

A few people say the legs are gone and before you know it becomes a common sentiment on here. Niko will have more good games than bad ones for us. He's still got something to offer.

That's a very good point mate. But For me, it just didn't work with only having a midfield 3 with Niko on the left. Especially considering the pace the tic had on the flanks. I was actually hoping on sat morning, that Warburton would maybe go for a solid 4-5-1, to accommodate him, and stifle their midfield, but our manager does not really like any other starting formation, so no chance of that happening.    

He wasn't bought to be an impact sub , most likely on big wages , he was a blue chip signing which has went horribly wrong , his legs have gone ,anyone can see that , ffs he was done playing against Hamilton and killie .

We should have went for a defensive set up as we are not playing well , buck stops with the manager he picks the players and tactics .  

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Luxury player we can't afford, said  it when he signed actually. 

Him, Barton, Hill and even Senderos would've probably pissed this league 10 years ago, but they're all over the hill now and panic buys. 

Now that he is here, can we adapt our game to suit what he can and can't do, or is he a lost cause. He didn't play like a luxury player in that match, he was willing to work for the team, and he showed more effort than most.

9 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Now that he is here, can we adapt our game to suit what he can and can't do, or is he a lost cause. He didn't play like a luxury player in that match, he was willing to work for the team, and he showed more effort than most.

Wait, are we just talking about Saturday or since he arrived? Because he was blowing out his arse after half an hour on Saturday and he's been here since early July at least. How can we build a team around a guy that simply can't get fit and what's plan b if he's injured or off form? 

4 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Wait, are we just talking about Saturday or since he arrived? Because he was blowing out his arse after half an hour on Saturday and he's been here since early July at least. How can we build a team around a guy that simply can't get fit and what's plan b if he's injured or off form? 

You haven't answered my question, although to be fair I did make another point and you obviously focused more on that. I'll answer yours: I'm acknowledging that he struggled with the pace, and that he has done the whole season, but he was putting in effort. Can we adapt our play to suit him, bearing in mind that he is skillful on the ball etc? We only have to look at some of the goals he has scored, okay against inferior opponent, but there was a definite show of class in two of those goals in particular.