****The Official Rangers v Queen of the South thread****

OceanRain

Would love to see a change in formation, or at the very least more balls into the box to service Garner. 

I'd like to see a starting XI of....

Fodderingham

Tavernier   Wilson   Senderos     Hodson

Halliday

Windass                    Holty

Waghorn             Garner           Forrester

Imagine warbs will probably play Gilks instead of Wes, but he's been making some great saves recently and been much better clearing up crosses so I'd keep him in. 

I want the same midfield 3 Holt Windass and halliday. 

Waghorn should be nowhere near the wide right he's shit there either play him through the middle or don't play him.

Would be happy with Forrester waghorn/garner MOH

Win tomorrow and a win on Sunday vs the sheep and our season is back on track 

45 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I think we'll win this and I hope Wilson plays RCB this game because he looked more comfortable there on saturday and played well imo

The combo of Wilson and Hill on Saturday looked pretty good all round. Clint have one point blank shot and another decent chance he just missed out on getting a touch to. Just don't find yourself saying that or seeing that when Kiernan is on the pitch. 

I find myself hoping to see Warburton stick with Wilson and Clint for Aberdeen actually :lol:

Just now, Supersonic said:

The combo of Wilson and Hill on Saturday looked pretty good all round. Clint have one point blank shot and another decent chance he just missed out on getting a touch to. Just don't find yourself saying that or seeing that when Kiernan is on the pitch. 

I find myself hoping to see Warburton stick with Wilson and Clint for Aberdeen actually :lol:

Wouldn't be too bothered if either Senderos and Kiernan never played for us again.

3 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I get the feeling one of them if not both are playing tomorrow night... 

I have a bad feeling Senderos is going to be starting vs Aberdeen mate, after he shit himself out of the last game I don't trust him.

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

I have a bad feeling Senderos is going to be starting vs Aberdeen mate, after he shit himself out of the last game I don't trust him.

I hope to fuck he's not :(

I would quite like to see the team we just put out on Saturday play Aberdeen but with Forrester for Mckay. 

7 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I hope to fuck he's not :(

I would quite like to see the team we just put out on Saturday play Aberdeen but with Forrester for Mckay. 

I agree, maybe even Windass out wide with Forrester in midfield which i would say is his best position.

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

I agree, maybe even Windass out wide with Forrester in midfield which i would say is his best position.

Windass, Forrester, Holt, Waggy, Garner (and Tav) all attacking doesn't sound like a bad idea at all (tu)

And big Clint to get on the end of any corners being fired into the box :lol:

Still can't believe that none of our efforts on Saturday went in ffs

2 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Windass, Forrester, Holt, Waggy, Garner (and Tav) all attacking doesn't sound like a bad idea at all (tu)

And big Clint to get on the end of any corners being fired into the box :lol:

Still can't believe that none of our efforts on Saturday went in ffs

I know mate, 3 shots saved off the line and 2 hit the post not to mention some of the world class saves their keeper made.

There is a rout somewhere in the pipeline. While I'd prefer it's against the sheep I'd take it against QotS to get the confidence back.

I'd like to see the same midfield as on Saturday, hodson to replace Wallace, forrester to replace McKay, MOH to get a start on the right and saggy to get on at some point.

If Warburton were to change formation I'd go for something like the following:

190916185744.png

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

There is a rout somewhere in the pipeline. While I'd prefer it's against the sheep I'd take it against QotS to get the confidence back.

I'd like to see the same midfield as on Saturday, hodson to replace Wallace, forrester to replace McKay, MOH to get a start on the right and saggy to get on at some point.

If Warburton were to change formation I'd go for something like the following:

190916185744.png

We could play that without changing formation mate and it would probably work well, Forrester at false nine with Waggy inside right and Garner inside left 

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

We could play that without changing formation mate and it would probably work well, Forrester at false nine with Waggy inside right and Garner inside left 

Well he did say he was looking at tweaking the formation, this would be a slight change. Thinking that waggy and garner as a striking partnership with forrester in the hole as the traditional number 10 with the freedom to drift wide to support tav and walla......hodson getting forward. If McKay gets back in the team then he could play the number 10 role which I think he'd be better suited to.

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Well he did say he was looking at tweaking the formation, this would be a slight change. Thinking that waggy and garner as a striking partnership with forrester in the hole as the traditional number 10 with the freedom to drift wide to support tav and walla......hodson getting forward. If McKay gets back in the team then he could play the number 10 role which I think he'd be better suited to.

I'm not a fan of a midfield diamond when it's played with 2 strikers, because then who is expected to mark the overlapping fullbacks which almost every team has nowadays?

5 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I'm not a fan of a midfield diamond when it's played with 2 strikers, because then who is expected to mark the overlapping fullbacks which almost every team has nowadays?

Would look for holt and windass to cover the full backs by drifting wide. Forrester drops back to central mid, waghorn drops into the hole. So defensively I'd expect the formation to go to 4-1-3-1-1.

I really don't think a single striker is working for us and those who know more about garner reckon he's better in a partnership up top.

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

We looked better but i thought wilson looked a little awkward at times playing the ball out because he was on the right so i think we will end up with kiernan or senderos as a partner for 1 of them to try help balance

Just now, ger4life_1872 said:

We looked better but i thought wilson looked a little awkward at times playing the ball out because he was on the right so i think we will end up with kiernan or senderos as a partner for 1 of them to try help balance

I wondered if maybe it was just him being back after a wee spell of being out?

Same with Waghorn / Holt actually, might take him a couple of games to back into the full swing of things

Hopefully anyway :lol:

1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

I wondered if maybe it was just him being back after a wee spell of being out?

Same with Waghorn / Holt actually, might take him a couple of games to back into the full swing of things

Hopefully anyway :lol:

Yeah hopefully as we really need to get the team settled and kick on now