Why are our fans taking Halliday's side?

BlueBearz1990

Because Barton has talked himself into a position where he needs to deliver big things on the pitch, and he isn't doing that. Because Halliday has actually proved himself in a Rangers jersey. Because Barton has a history and reputation which he's failing to put to bed. Because Barton appeared to shit himself against the Lego eater, while Halliday put him in his pocket. Because Barton has acted unprofessionally by talking to the media rather than shutting his mouth. Because Halliday's a Bear, and we stick together.

Who knows mate, it's a mystery.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it seems as though some people just hated Barton before the came here and will continue hating him as a Rangers player. I will support his as much as any other players regardless of them being actual Rangers fans or not. 

So if Halliday has a run in with Garner, for example,  or someone who isn't a Rangers fan, we turning on them too?

I was hallidays biggest critic last season and think he got away with a lot with some of our support last season because he is one of us. I thought he had a good game today and worked his arse off. 

I also think barton is a bellend of the highest order and its no coincidence that he has been in bother at most of his clubs. 

I dont doubt that both are passionate players and both want whats best and to win games BUT barton hasn't kicked his own arse since getting here so should get his head down and work his cunt in to find a way to rectify this and keep his mouth shut till he proves himself to be any use 

28 minutes ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

So the majority of people I've seen posting on here and Facebook seem to think that Barton is the 'bad guy', and then today at the game Halliday's name gets the loudest cheer, obviously relating to recent gossip. Who's to say Barton wasn't correct during their heated argument? Just because he got sent home doesn't mean he wasn't talking sense. None of us know what it was about, and after getting hammered 5-1 I'd expect emotions to be high in training, so why don't we just let the issue be resolved by them without us falling into the media hype. 

Why does it seem like a lot of our own fans love to hate him and direct their anger at him when any opportunity arises? The guy plays for Rangers ffs, so stop turning on him and get behind him, it's embarrassing seeing one of our own players singled out and getting so much abuse from our fans. We're not getting the best out of any of our players who should be glowing in this league and that has to fall with MW and his inability to change things up to find a formation.

No one can doubt Barton has quality and passion, and once our full team/formation is sorted out I can see him being a key player for us. You simply don't go from being the Championship's team of the year's player of the year to shite in a few months. Support the guy like any other Rangers player. 

Should we not have cheered Halliday today, is that what your saying? Because Barton wasn't there to boo or cheer so I don't know what your getting at.

15 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Probably because our fans can relate to Halliday and trust that he would only have Rangers best interests at heart. 

you are right whether you like halliday or rate him as a player  you cannot deny he will do his best for rangers

as for barton he is only interested in joey barton i believe the last thing he was told was no twitter or radio and what does he do  he is a self centred prick plus any guy that can go on radio and say i will chat to warbs on monday shows no respect for the manager  can you imagine jock wallace walter smith alex ferguson etc being spoken about like that on live radio

2 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Sense of humour bypass mate.

I've done a weekender myself so I'm in no position to judge.

All make mistakes it's life mate dark time for me but how you charge from it makes you. 

Am no massive Barton fan but won't judge him cos he's been inside.

1 minute ago, rfc_watp said:

Should we not have cheered Halliday today, is that what your saying? Because Barton wasn't there to boo or cheer so I don't know what your getting at.

You also not noticed the embarrassing amount of hate Barton has been getting from our own fans? 

3 minutes ago, billscott said:

as for barton he is only interested in joey barton i believe the last thing he was told was no twitter or radio and what does he do  he is a self centred prick plus any guy that can go on radio and say i will chat to warbs on monday shows no respect for the manager  can you imagine jock wallace walter smith alex ferguson etc being spoken about like that on live radio

Someone leaked that he was sent home and it was all over the papers and ridiculous quotes of what he was meant to have said circulating on social media, the guy had every right to go on to TalkSPORT and defend himself. 

Joey Barton is a wank of the highest order, he has taken to various social media outlets when advised not too by his employers in direct connection with a potential disciplinary situation.

I can imagine him shouting off his mouth thinking he knows better than every player there and also the manager. He probably tells the cook how to cook the fucking chicken. 

Classic Billy big baws mentality. .. hope we find a way to get him to fuck.  I couldn't care less who gets his place in the starting team as long as they give 100% in every minute. 

Fuck Barton. 

Just now, Pearson83 said:

All make mistakes it's life mate dark time for me but how you charge from it makes you. 

Am no massive Barton fan but won't judge him cos he's been inside.

Wouldn't take anything you read on here personally mate. A lot of small minds on the forum.

I actually like Barton, good player on his day and not afraid to speak his mind. Shame he's been shite so far.

5 minutes ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

You also not noticed the embarrassing amount of hate Barton has been getting from our own fans? 

Didn't hear any fan at the game mention Barton let alone slate him. 

And my question still stands, should we not have cheered Halliday?

Just now, rfc_watp said:

Didn't hear any fan at the game mention Barton let alone slate him. 

And my question still stands, should we not have cheered Halliday?

I'm meaning the abuse on social media with that one mate.

Yes, of course he should get a cheer as should all our players, but he's hardly been outstanding to merit an above average cheer - it was obvious that the recent gossip was on a lot of people's minds. 

37 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I like Halliday as well - but the passion shown in training was missing on the park today 

I thought he was poor today, 10 out of 10 for commitment and attitude, just think he loses too many challenges and sometimes lacks a bit of composure.