Why are our fans taking Halliday's side?

BlueBearz1990

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

IMO the mhedia had little to do with shaping opinion. More like the usual suspects in here just couldn't wait and grinning from ear to ear. He was indeed poor, but not the worst by far, but he was keeping a good Rangers man out of the team, so they think.

We will win the league now Halliday is back. Absolute certainty.

Oops.

Do u ever post anything positive to do with our club? 

You seem to take great delight in the fact our manager is struggling, our team are struggling. Our most high profile signing for years has fucked it.  We all know the players are toiling and the manager isn't getting the best from them at the moment, rather than acknowledge these facts, have a rant for a few hours and move on and try to support them and focus on the positives you seem to revel in our difficulties and on a mission to get rid of our manager. 

Get a fucking grip. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, BlueBearz1990 said:

He's vocal. He's very honest. A lot of people don't like hearing honesty and get nippy. 

Some people don't like arse holes who have proved nothing, yet constantly shout their mouth off suggesting they are better than everyone else. 

He's a disrespectful wank. 

23 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

Some people don't like arse holes who have proved nothing, yet constantly shout their mouth off suggesting they are better than everyone else. 

He's a disrespectful wank. 

Maybe if we had a formation that actually got the best out of our players then you can start judging but we're glued to this fucking 4-3-3

Just now, BlueBearz1990 said:

Maybe if we had a formation that actually got the best out of our players then you can start judging but we're glued to this fucking 4-3-3

Agree on this, we just don't have the personnel to play 4-3-3.  

Well we do if we drop Joey and Niko; oh and our defence start defending 

4 hours ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

Aye well it's clear to see you already hated him before he came. Bet you love it when you have more ammo to use against him. Him being involved in the training ground argument was probably music to your ears. He's a Ranger and I'll support him. 

I disliked him yes before he came , I don't boo him or hurl abuse at him during the game I simply don't think he was a good signing that's my opinion and you have yours, and the second part of your quote about it being music to my ears smacks of the ramblings of a 5yr old in a huff because someone isn't agreeing with all they say, so because I dislike Barton you think I WANT him and Rangers to fail? put the dummy back in ya crackpot. 

5 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Fuck sake, you sticking up for a republican sympathiser over a 'protestant', never thought I'd see the day.

At least he had Brown in his pocket.

The cunt does it all the time , he has made excuses for trump going to an ira dinner and funding the cunts , hes a walter mitty 

The thing is, no matter what was said, if you do or say something that is seen as disrespectful enough to your team mates and manager to get send home from training then you are the bad guy.

Barton has been mouthing off about how good he was going to be for us and hasn't delivered slightly, I know that if I  was getting abuse from someone that has never put in a performance for us I would be raging too, especially if I had been dropped to fit him into the side.

Then he goes on radio when he's meant to be thinking about what twat he's been?! surely trying to engineer a move away now it's become obvious he isn't as good as he thinks and his legs have gone.

Warburton is left in a difficult position now - he can't look weak in whatever decision he makes, but it's clear the team spirit we saw last year has been diluted by the additions of older players.

4 hours ago, He's blue he's white said:

Do u ever post anything positive to do with our club? 

You seem to take great delight in the fact our manager is struggling, our team are struggling. Our most high profile signing for years has fucked it.  We all know the players are toiling and the manager isn't getting the best from them at the moment, rather than acknowledge these facts, have a rant for a few hours and move on and try to support them and focus on the positives you seem to revel in our difficulties and on a mission to get rid of our manager. 

Get a fucking grip. 

You obviously suffer from selective reading disorder.

However that aside, the level of abuse levelled at this player is beyond paroday as even today we remain to know the truth of the matter. Then we have an almost as bad a level of abuse on other threads at other players. I get that, some do hurt after witnessing shit performances, but ffs don't highlight the hypocrisy of it when it's not a Rangers man.  Fucking pathetic. No doubt you'll be telling me that other Rangers man King is doing a sterling job and is the messiah and him being a Rangers man it's ok for us to take it up the erse.

13 hours ago, BlueBearz1990 said:

So the majority of people I've seen posting on here and Facebook seem to think that Barton is the 'bad guy', and then today at the game Halliday's name gets the loudest cheer, obviously relating to recent gossip. Who's to say Barton wasn't correct during their heated argument? Just because he got sent home doesn't mean he wasn't talking sense. None of us know what it was about, and after getting hammered 5-1 I'd expect emotions to be high in training, so why don't we just let the issue be resolved by them without us falling into the media hype. 

Why does it seem like a lot of our own fans love to hate him and direct their anger at him when any opportunity arises? The guy plays for Rangers ffs, so stop turning on him and get behind him, it's embarrassing seeing one of our own players singled out and getting so much abuse from our fans. We're not getting the best out of any of our players who should be glowing in this league and that has to fall with MW and his inability to change things up to find a formation.

No one can doubt Barton has quality and passion, and once our full team/formation is sorted out I can see him being a key player for us. You simply don't go from being the Championship's team of the year's player of the year to shite in a few months. Support the guy like any other Rangers player. 

So the majority of people I've seen posting on here and Facebook seem to think that Barton is the 'bad guy', and then today at the game Halliday's name gets the loudest cheer, obviously relating to recent gossip. Who's to say Barton wasn't correct during their heated argument? Just because he got sent home doesn't mean he wasn't talking sense. None of us know what it was about, and after getting hammered 5-1 I'd expect emotions to be high in training, so why don't we just let the issue be resolved by them without us falling into the media hype. 

Why does it seem like a lot of our own fans love to hate him and direct their anger at him when any opportunity arises? The guy plays for Rangers ffs, so stop turning on him and get behind him, it's embarrassing seeing one of our own players singled out and getting so much abuse from our fans. We're not getting the best out of any of our players who should be glowing in this league and that has to fall with MW and his inability to change things up to find a formation.

No one can doubt Barton has quality and passion, and once our full team/formation is sorted out I can see him being a key player for us. You simply don't go from being the Championship's team of the year's player of the year to shite in a few months. Support the guy like any other Rangers player. 

I suppose you were the only bear that gave Ian Black 100% backing,listen he came shouting and bawling he'd be the best thing since cut pan but hasn't kicked his own fucking arse,Andy Halliday on the other hand has blue blood same as you and me and knows what it means to wear that jersey.

2 hours ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

Halliday put in the exact same performance yesterday that Barton has been putting in. Done not much wrong but wasn't sensational. 

Aye but Halliday is Rangers man. That makes an average performance turn into a top class one in the eyes of some people.

9 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

How does that work? Born a Prod, average journeyman and showed up at times against butchers and joiners. Oh that's right, he stuck it it to Broony once.

That criteria will win us titles for sure.

Calm down dear. Sounds like you're the one with an agenda against Rangers players, or is it just the ones born a Prod as you put it?

The man played a significant part in getting us back to the division we belong in, simple as that.

Up until now, Barton has done nothing for our club (simple fact), however unlike yourself I wont slag the man off, as I want all of our players to improve and help the team to success.

10 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

No worries, Halliday is a Rangers man. Has the best interests of Rangers, so forget second place, we will win this league at a canter.

Sounds like Dave King's love child.

How does that work? Born a Prod, average journeyman and showed up at times against butchers and joiners. Oh that's right, he stuck it it to Broony once.

That criteria will win us titles for sure.

IMO the mhedia had little to do with shaping opinion. More like the usual suspects in here just couldn't wait and grinning from ear to ear. He was indeed poor, but not the worst by far, but he was keeping a good Rangers man out of the team, so they think.

We will win the league now Halliday is back. Absolute certainty.

Oops.

All these posts saying the same thing. No one has said Halliday will win us the league but IMHO he has been a better player than Barton this season. I feel he's been trying to fight for his place in the team and Barton has been assuming his place is a given without even trying.

Also the Scott Brown incident - well where to start. Barton looked almost fearful of Scott Brown and Scott Brown fucked him all over the park. Then there was the alleged hug at the end of the game. How disrespectful to us, the Rangers fans.Could you imagine Halliday doing that? No fkn way!! 

As far as I've seen Halliday hasn't been in social media telling the world he is a far superior player than the other players in the league then not having the balls to back it up. 

I was at the game yesterday and I was impressed with Halliday - more so than I've been with Barton and it looks as though a majority of our support feel the same. 

If Barton comes back, keeps his mouth shut and plays at the level we all know he can, then he'll start to gain respect from the fans but to date he's done nothing to earn our respect as a Rangers player whereas Andy has.

14 hours ago, philiprfc said:

Barton's been painted the villian by a lot of people. I haven't been happy at all with him this season and have said as much in various match threads/threads about Barton. However, the media over the last week have come flying in and taken every opportunity to show the guy in a bad light and I think it's worked.

This.

After our defeat to celtc we've been left a bit weakened in the media, almost as if some "neutrals" have been eagerly awaiting a slip up to plunge the knives into our backs. You can see this today in the papers with Warburton and how they're now trying to set him up as a joke figure. 

Before our defeat you had people like me who have always been sceptical about Barton's personality and ability and how that would mix with our great club of tradition and high standards and you've also had those who admire Barton and think he's a cracking player who strolled the championship and has seemingly grown out of his previous personality lapses..

So we've had two distinct, prevalent opinions on the go, now the media have had the chance they've taken full advantage of our vulnerability and are winning over the middle ground and those that were indifferent on Barton by making this whole situation out to be bigger than it is. Setting it up as Halliday vs Barton. It's not that deep. We need to stay strong and not end up more vulnerable, the media want nothing more than us to be infighting over Barton, we're bigger than this. 

2 minutes ago, jintybear said:

All these posts saying the same thing. No one has said Halliday will win us the league but IMHO he has been a better player than Barton this season. I feel he's been trying to fight for his place in the team and Barton has been assuming his place is a given without even trying.

Also the Scott Brown incident - well where to start. Barton looked almost fearful of Scott Brown and Scott Brown fucked him all over the park. Then there was the alleged hug at the end of the game. How disrespectful to us, the Rangers fans.Could you imagine Halliday doing that? No fkn way!! 

As far as I've seen Halliday hasn't been in social media telling the world he is a far superior player than the other players in the league then not having the balls to back it up. 

I was at the game yesterday and I was impressed with Halliday - more so than I've been with Barton and it looks as though a majority of our support feel the same. 

If Barton comes back, keeps his mouth shut and plays at the level we all know he can, then he'll start to gain respect from the fans but to date he's done nothing to earn our respect as a Rangers player whereas Andy has.

With all due respect I think you're reading far too much into that.

Would you prefer he just stormed off the pitch without acknowledging them and in turn came across as a sore loser?