One picture can tell a story.

OlegKuznetsov

3 hours ago, Gaffbear said:

I remember sandy Jardine saying he vomited every day pre season doing the sands ...take them back there 

They only did IT once a year which was enough to give tgem the message of Train as I tell you or you will be back for another beach party, Big Jock never had to take them back a second time. 

7 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Fuck me, I canny remember Starsky fae Starsky & Hutch playing for us?

16 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

was jock not ex army or marine ? 

Wallace's playing career began inauspiciously. A goalkeeper, Wallace was freed by his first club, Blackpool, but rekindled his career by signing for Workington in 1952, dovetailing football with work in the local pit. National Service with the King's Own Scottish Borderers afforded Wallace the opportunity of signing for the local club, Berwick Rangers. After character-defining military service in Northern Ireland and – famously – the jungles ofMalaya, Wallace's playing career extended to Airdrieonians, West Bromwich Albion, non-league Bedford Town and Hereford United.

53 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Its the attitude of we should still be running up sand dunes etc that meant we were left behind in this country while the rest of europe became athletes who also realised the importance of working with the ball

Maybe so, but that was the era we won a European trophy. His training worked for the times he operated in.

3 minutes ago, DP FC said:

Maybe so, but that was the era we won a European trophy. His training worked for the times he operated in.

Yeah i never said it didnt , but even now in this thread we have ppl saying we should go back to that and they honestly seem to believe if we did then it would bring us success 

1 minute ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Yeah i never said it didnt , but even now in this thread we have ppl saying we should go back to that and they honestly seem to believe if we did then it would bring us success 

That's because in these days football was a man's game and players didn't fall over at the slightest touch. We still saw great skill from the likes of Waddell, Wilson, Baxter and many others.

5 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Maybe not every day, maybe just for players that step out of line:mutley:

7 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

That's because in these days football was a man's game and players didn't fall over at the slightest touch. We still saw great skill from the likes of Waddell, Wilson, Baxter and many others.

Yeah and now we produce nothing on the player front because we didnt evolve with the game , you could argue wether it was better then or now all day but it is what it is , and im not criticising the methods back then as we could go head to head with anyone in the world then 

Cheers for that. Brilliant pics. Read about it but never seen the photies before. Reminds me of that old Connery film The Hill (below).

Personal favourite Jock Wallace anecdote was when he ripped Lineker a new one for being a lazy cunt and only scoring two goals by half time!!

connery.jpg