Fans invited to public meeting to discuss plans to scrap football act

Bad Robot

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading what this muppet writes it gives a scary insight into just how their twisted bigoted mind works. 

If this is wide spread and I believe it is, then as a country we are fucked. As for the SNP and their one country many cultures, well that is just bollocks. 

13 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

More to the point, the Irish aren't a race therefore can't be subject to racism.

Racism covers a wide variety of things,Stand in the street and give someone from Ireland absolute dogs abuse because of where they come from,Get yourself arrested and good luck giving your above defense.

Racism isn't just a black or white thing and covers a multitude of things,If you called someone from England a " Dirty English bastard " again you would be standing in a court of law. 

We all need to waken up and smell the coffee here - BIG TIME!

This meeting is not about Mason, Kelly or Dornan. It is not about any particular religion, creed or colour. It is not about any particular club or group of fans - and it is certainly nothing to do with renaming fucking christmas!

This meeting is about somebody wanting to stop any possibility of you, or me, or any other innocent supporter of any other club going to jail for simply singing any alleged word in any alleged song. This law as it stands is anything but black and white. Police, Lawyers and judges alike have all poured scorn and doubt upon it as it is an entirely unworkable piece of legislation. It simply HAS to be repealed - and this guy is standing up to be counted and trying to do something about it. I don't give a rat's fucking arse about who he supports, what school he went to or where / what he worships (if at all?).

If you want a serious conversation about this, then ditch any references to any particular group if you want to get anywhere. Ditch point scoring from each other. Ditch egos and whatever has passed before for 5 minutes to get this thing repealed.

I do not for one minute agree with any of the politicians comments as quoted regarding particular groups - so don't try and get me on that pish! Don't even bother with "So what you're saying is" type comments either. What I'm saying is crystal clear. This particular law has to go, and every single football fan in Scotland must surely unite any plan to tackle it? I've never been to any form of political meeting in my life and I've been around for a while - but I'm trying my best to get to this one as I feel so strongly about it.

Ran't over :-)

7 hours ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

I am talking about all faith schools. If parents want their kids to know about religion then they should do it in their own time.

Anyone that doesn't like the mixed schooling system is free to leave the country.

Personally no issues with faith based schools as long as they are part of the Independent, not Public, school systems and self-financing.

58 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Personally no issues with faith based schools as long as they are part of the Independent, not Public, school systems and self-financing.

I'm not a fan of them (we have a lot here in NI) and I'd rather all kids we mixing with as big a spread of people from a young age.

18 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

This meeting is not about Mason, Kelly or Dornan. It is not about any particular religion, creed or colour. It is not about any particular club or group of fans - and it is certainly nothing to do with renaming fucking christmas!

This meeting is about somebody wanting to stop any possibility of you, or me, or any other innocent supporter of any other club going to jail for simply singing any alleged word in any alleged song. This law as it stands is anything but black and white. Police, Lawyers and judges alike have all poured scorn and doubt upon it as it is an entirely unworkable piece of legislation. It simply HAS to be repealed - and this guy is standing up to be counted and trying to do something about it. I don't give a rat's fucking arse about who he supports, what school he went to or where / what he worships (if at all?).

If you want a serious conversation about this, then ditch any references to any particular group if you want to get anywhere. Ditch point scoring from each other. Ditch egos and whatever has passed before for 5 minutes to get this thing repealed.

I do not for one minute agree with any of the politicians comments as quoted regarding particular groups - so don't try and get me on that pish! Don't even bother with "So what you're saying is" type comments either. What I'm saying is crystal clear. This particular law has to go, and every single football fan in Scotland must surely unite any plan to tackle it? I've never been to any form of political meeting in my life and I've been around for a while - but I'm trying my best to get to this one as I feel so strongly about it.

If the act goes and you're shouting something offensive or sectarian in nature you will just get done by a breach or a religiously aggravated breach.

As said before I've no issues with it.

19 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Just in case you missed it:

A Bill borne and created of sectarianism against Rangers Football Club and its support by those now crying crocodile tears about being unable to hate the British in their cesspit of a stadium. They were ably backed by their equally hateful reporters like Graham Spiers and Phil MacGiollabhain in their haste to demonise the Rangers support and their Unionist background, forgetting that in the long haul they would be reeled in as well. The Bill is flawed greatly, but I'll be damned if I support that shower of Anti- British lowlife in trying to have it removed, we'll do that our own way and not standing shoulder to shoulder with IRA sympathisers 

19 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

It is not about any particular club or group of fans

This is all about one group and a particular set of fans.

Why did FAC come about, why is it solely made of Bheasts as opposed to being an open all-encompassing group set up to oppose the OBFA?

Why do you think Jeanette Findlay is screaming from the rooftops about this?

As my previous post above, yes the act is massively flawed - but I'll be fucked if we should help them overturn it.

23 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Reading what this muppet writes it gives a scary insight into just how their twisted bigoted mind works. 

If this is wide spread and I believe it is, then as a country we are fucked. As for the SNP and their one country many cultures, well that is just bollocks. 

Any culture except British they mean.

Only one way to end all the sh**e.get rid of the SNP and their bigotry.

On 14/10/2016 at 3:16 PM, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Here you go,This is the full conversation between Mason and Jeanette Findlay...Note Mason's comments especially.

Came across this earlier and given i don't know a lot about this act and open to be educated on it,I found myself becoming quite disturbed by what i was reading from John Mason MSP and Findlay...Was this act predominantly set up to protect Irish and Catholics ? It seems reading it that if it is the case it seems to have backfired on them with having their own fans arrested and they don't like it and maybe the reason why they want rid of it... How on earth can an act be set up to protect one section of society while completely ignoring the other side(us) who will also be subjected to abuse under this act.

The highlighted item below i found quite ironic when most of the ones complaining about our singing and want the book thrown at us are in no doubt the same ones who want rid of this act,But say this.

And for the avoidance of doubt, we oppose this Act in its entirety and are happy to offer support to fans of any club charged under it, as we have done. This is not about sectarianism, it is not about Celtic and Rangers, it is not about the practice of singing songs about the history of the conflict between Britain and Ireland and it is

And here is the same John Mason

Motion S4M-12020: John Mason, Glasgow Shettleston, Scottish National Party, Date Lodged: 08/01/2015
Freedom of Speech That the Parliament notes with great sadness the deaths at the French satirical magazine, Charlie Hebdo; considers that, while hatred of any group in society should be opposed, freedom of speech must be supported and protected; strongly believes that in a healthy society it should be possible for politicians and religions to be ridiculed and satirised however uncomfortable that might be for those who are the subject matter, and considers all deities and prophets well able to handle criticism and ridicule without human intervention.

Twitter conversation between John Mason and Findlay

John Mason MSP ‏
OBAF Act is pro Catholic and pro Irish. It is because so many Irish and Catholics were victims that the Act was brought in. It is there to help Irish and Catholics

Jeanette Findlay ‏
By stopping Hamilton fans singing ‘f**k yer ‘well’? By stopping people singing Irish songs? This is nonsense. Point me to one single statement by any Minister which set this out as an aim of the Act.

John Mason MSP ‏
I am more interested in what Act says and does than what minister said.

Jeanette Findlay ‏
You said it was brought in to protect the Irish/Catholics – that suggests an explicit intention. Who else would express that? But ok point me to any statistic or other evidence that shows that the Act is protecting the Irish/Catholic community.

John Mason MSP   
Main victims of abuse are Catholics & Irish. Act challenges such abuse. So main beneficiaries are intended to be Catholics & Irish

Jeanette Findlay
We had legislation for that. What the Act makes criminal is ‘offensiveness’ as defined by political police & political COPFS.

John Mason MSP   
No. It is offensive as defined by a reasonable person. Previous legislation was not working.

Jeanette Findlay ‏
No John, read the Joseph Cairns appeal, it is explicitly not the reasonable person but the more ‘volatile’ person. Please spell out for me precisely how the existing legislation didn’t work and the OB Act does.

John Mason MSP ‏
Breach of Peace has been accepted to be unsatisfactory. Modern legal requirements and human rights need more specific offences.

Jeanette Findlay ‏
You haven’t given me any evidence that the pre-existing legislation didn’t work and the OB Act does. In what way does it work? As to your reference to Human Rights and the requirement to be specific, the OB Bill was condemned by every legal association in Scotland for being precisely the opposite! This Act is anything but specific.

John Mason MSP  
Well clearly it wasn’t working because so many Catholics & Irish were subject to abuse. We had to do something to help these folk.

Jeanette Findlay ‏ 
These folk? Do you mean people like me John and many of my community who find the Act discriminatory and oppressive? I’ll ask one more direct question. Name one Irish or Catholic group who have said they support the Offensive Behaviour Act?

John Mason MSP ‏ 
I mean we as a society & parliament had duty to help the victims of offensive behaviour. And the main victims were Irish/Catholic.

Jeanette Findlay ‏ 
So I ask again, cite a single piece of evidence to show that this is what the Act is doing? Just give me a straight answer.

John Mason MSP ‏ 
The evidence is that most victims of offensive behaviour are Catholic/Irish so Act is clamping down on that behaviour.

Jeanette Findlay ‏ 
12 hours and that was your best shot? You are closed-minded and impervious to reason. You have avoided every direct request for evidence and frankly I find your feigned willingness to debate, simply dishonest
John Mason MSP   
Thanks for that! I have responded but I guess you do not like my response.

Jeanette Findlay ‏ 
No John, you either gave ludicrous responses or none at all eg name a single Catholic/Irish organisation who support this Act. Do you at least accept that your view of what the Act is for is not accepted by the community you claim to be protecting?

John Mason MSP ‏
Agree

Jeanette Findlay
Agreed what? That the Act should be abolished?

John Mason MSP ‏
Agreed that the Act is not accepted. We need to work on that!

Jeanette Findlay ‏
You think that actually the Act is protecting us but we just don’t understand it and just need to be convinced. Incredible!

John Mason MSP ‏ 
Football is main aspect of sectarianism. Marches should be dealt with next.

Jeanette Findlay ‏
You say you’re more interested in facts than opinions yet quote ‘surveys’ about opinions rather than stats. Regardless of what people think the stats show that only a tiny percentage of sectarian acts happen at football

John Mason MSP ‏
Football is rated number one issue when people are asked about sectarianism.

Jeanette Findlay ‏
Yes, hardly surprising when that is the message hammered out by the media and politicians but official crime stats show that this is not the case. So is it facts or opinions you prefer?

John Mason MSP ‏
Fact is 84% of charges were for anti-Catholic behaviour.

Jeanette Findlay
Yes and every single one of those could have been, and arguably would have been, dealt with under the existing legislation.

Jeanette Findlay ‏
John, your government has been reported to the UN Human Rights Commission specifically for this Act and the concern that it is infringing religious and civil liberties. What do you have to say about that?

John Mason MSP ‏
I do not think it is infringing civil liberties but courts can decide. Human rights are always a balance between competing rights.

Jeanette Findlay
So no shame at all then? Well I hope the UN HRC has a better grasp of the concept than you appear to have. I think we’ll leave it there for now John. You crack on with defending my community by criminalising us.

Boom headshot,

The act was set up to protect one section of society

The tarriers are pure ragin cause they are starting to get done with there own law.

84% of charges were against the poor oppressed.

They are going after marches next.

From there own mouths, they are the bigots trying to criminalise one section of society.

11 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

Boom headshot,

The act was set up to protect one section of society

The tarriers are pure ragin cause they are starting to get done with there own law.

84% of charges were against the poor oppressed.

They are going after marches next.

From there own mouths, they are the bigots trying to criminalise one section of society.

Going after marches he said.

Denying groups the RIGHT they have to freedom of expression.

Nazi-like statement that.

He should be held to account for that tweet.

On 14 October 2016 at 3:25 PM, .Williamson. said:

Travellers are under the category of race though are they not? 

I believe so. I can't really understand it though? If I took to a lifestyle of travelling around living in a caravan would it mean my "race" had changed? 

On 14/10/2016 at 8:46 AM, Bad Robot said:

Mr Dornan, Cathcart MSP has said that he believes the Scottish Government would listen to proposals to amend and strengthen the law but not to simply scrap it.

On 14/10/2016 at 8:46 AM, Bad Robot said:

Aye, just as they are prepared to listen about the Named Person legislation. All they want to listen to is Nichola shouting about a second referendum.