Just watched the highlights

delamonty

Just now, A.T.G said:

Exactly, last season we controlled the midfield and they were running about like headless chickens, our attacking play let them have so many shots and as you say they were hitting from everywhere out of desperation

Barrie McKay's goal would fit into that category as well tbh.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, A.T.G said:

Exactly, last season we controlled the midfield and they were running about like headless chickens, our attacking play let them have so many shots and as you say they were hitting from everywhere out of desperation

I will never take you seriously again ever. You are a loser just like Warburton.

9 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Barrie McKay's goal would fit into that category as well tbh.

It doesn't lessen the point though, yes it was a worldy,  it was about our only long range effort. we still controlled that match regardless. 

32 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

That Scottish Cup semi final performance against them seems to be the benchmark that all our other performances since then have been measured against.

The reality is that our best result was a 2-2 draw with a shite Celtic side and we rode our luck to get it before beating them in the lottery that is a penalty shootout.

Yeah the difference speaks volumes about how poor Deila was and how good Rodgers is more than anything. 

We did get lucky that day. 

10 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing except when the manager went for damage limitation he fluked a right good fucking, you can spout all the pish you want but we are second best and it shows by the shite bury your head in the sand comments on this thread. The whole setup is doom for failure and his magic hat ain't gonna save us.

I agree we are second best. Where have I said otherwise? 

There's a difference between burying my head in the sand and being willing to give the manager a proper chance and not writing him off because of a poor start to the season. Warburton is far from perfect, but I like the style of play he is bringing to the team and he showed last season that it can work with the right players.

If we've not made any progress by the end of the season then yes I think it would be time to explore other options. I think he deserves until the end of the season at least.

2 minutes ago, BF2 said:

There's a difference between burying my head in the sand and being willing to give the manager a proper chance and not writing him off because of a poor start to the season. Warburton is far from perfect, but I like the style of play he is bringing to the team and he showed last season that it can work with the right players.

If we've not made any progress by the end of the season then yes I think it would be time to explore other options. I think he deserves until the end of the season at least.

Its a 3 year plan, tbis season was always going to be hard for us bears. 

He deserves his contract.

5 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Its a 3 year plan, tbis season was always going to be hard for us bears. 

He deserves his contract.

I've lost count recently of the amount of times I've been accused of "burying my head in the sand" from people who obviously thought we were going to romp to the league title in our first season back in the top flight competing with a tarrier squad that has double the budget we have. 

With the squad we have and the wages we are paying, we should be playing better. But people saying his vision and philosophy is a failure are being pretty unreasonable towards him IMO.

1 hour ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

That Scottish Cup semi final performance against them seems to be the benchmark that all our other performances since then have been measured against.

The reality is that our best result was a 2-2 draw with a shite Celtic side and we rode our luck to get it before beating them in the lottery that is a penalty shootout.

Tbf, that celtic side we played last season is still pretty much the same, the only real difference is the manager, which can make quite a big difference I guess.

48 minutes ago, BF2 said:

Ignore him mate, he's about 12 or something

2 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

It's really going to fuck with you when you look at the 2-2 win stats

League Cup semi Stats 

Shots

Rangers - 8

Celtic - 24

Shots on Target

Rangers - 3

Celtic - 8

Scottish cup Semi Stats

Shots 

Rangers - 9

Celtic - 33

Shots on target

Rangers - 3

Celtic - 10

I've tried explaining to people on here before that we were incredibly lucky to win the semi last year. Instead I was called every name under the Sun.

Celtic missed an absolute bucketload of clear cut chances, and on any other day would have been out of sight. Fact of the matter is Warburton is completely incapable of getting us to defend, he gives teams too many chances, and he's now being found out big time with his predictable and easy to defend against team selections. I've now come to the conclusion he's never going to win us the title, the sooner he's out the door the better as we're just going to keep getting spanked with him in charge. 

2 hours ago, BF2 said:

That's where you have got it totally wrong, he ain't even playing good football, it's shite football masquerading as something it is not that you and others have believed in a lie of your own making, we are going south and Warburton has everyone except the media by the balls with his monotone innocent voice talking the hind legs off donkeys like you. The media have him sussed and they will take him down eventually, why because he isn't good enough, he thinks he can stall them and they are playing his game for now, time is on their side and they will fuck him over like a lamb to the slaughter.

8 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I think we have stalled but they have improved- it's churlish to say otherwise. 

One thing about that semi last April though - they had over 30 attempts at goal that day, hit the post, bar and missed a right sitter. So it was no walkover- a lot of our defensive problems existed then we just got a good slice of luck that day 

TBF, during that semi, the vast majority of their 30 odd attempts were 40 yard no hopers because of the pressure we put them under in the midfield. I thought defensively (minus set pieces) we were solid that day.

Yesterday, we were fucking hopeless.