Realistically who would you have as Rangers manager?

Jamie0202

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Realistically?  Well, realistically, it still has to be Warburton. First season back, three months in, second placed and on a run, possibly developing a winning mentality. 

It's just too early to say. Perhaps in another month or two, we might be able to better judge things.

Until then, it's a bit of a non-topic.

23 minutes ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

Realistically?  Well, realistically, it still has to be Warburton. First season back, three months in, second placed and on a run, possibly developing a winning mentality. 

It's just too early to say. Perhaps in another month or two, we might be able to better judge things.

(tu) 

1 hour ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

I think the run of games we have between now and the winter break will define him and determine his future.

We have a tough run of games and if results don't go favourably then I think the fans will turn and another defeat to celtic in New Year's Eve will be the straw that breaks the camels back.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think the run of games we have between now and the winter break will define him and determine his future.

We have a tough run of games and if results don't go favourably then I think the fans will turn and another defeat to celtic in New Year's Eve will be the straw that breaks the camels back.

I agree with your summation. (tu) 

In my honest opinion I think it's time to start thinking about life without warburton and start the search for a new gaffer. It just hasn't been good enough and doesn't look like it's going to get better at any point in time. I would love to see the De Boer brothers take the job I think it would be tailor made for them but that seems a bit of a long shot but it might be worth a try.

Just now, RFCJoshy1690 said:

In my honest opinion I think it's time to start thinking about life without warburton and start the search for a new gaffer. It just hasn't been good enough and doesn't look like it's going to get better at any point in time. I would love to see the De Boer brothers take the job I think it would be tailor made for them but that seems a bit of a long shot but it might be worth a try.

The De Boer brothers?read the first word of the thread title.

39 minutes ago, RFCJoshy1690 said:

And yet it has been getting better. If you would like to see the De Boer brothers then I would prefer to see Warburton on the budget they would want. I would also rather have Warburton on the budget we currently have than anyone else.

10 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

And yet it has been getting better. If you would like to see the De Boer brothers then I would prefer to see Warburton on the budget they would want. I would also rather have Warburton on the budget we currently have than anyone else.

Where is it getting better?

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

Unbeaten in the League in two months; dropped only 2 points in 4 matches, and even in that game we should have been 3-0 up in half an hour. If that isn't getting better then I don't know what is.

Ok I get that but the performances aren't getting better and we can't keep relying on last minute goals to win games that slice of luck won't last forever 

4 minutes ago, RFCJoshy1690 said:

Ok I get that but the performances aren't getting better and we can't keep relying on last minute goals to win games that slice of luck won't last forever 

You asked me where is it getting better, and I told you where it's getting better. Before that you said you didn't see it getting better.  We've been playing okay at times; league football puts a demand on a team, any team, so it's not all pretty. The fact is that your points ignore that things have been improving, and that is despite us losing two very high profile midfielders. We have a threadbare midfield and that will be resolved this January, then we'll see us be even better.

1 hour ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

I agree with your summation. (tu) 

My biggest concern is where we turn if he does leave because the way I see it is that unless the budget is significantly increased across the board then I don't think we can attract a bigger name and that means looking in the same manager pool that we did when we appointed Warburton and I think that would just lead to us appointing somebody who's going to have major flaws too and ultimately I think results would remain as inconsistent as what we have seen so far this season.

I still believe that's there's a lack of quality in the squad. So much so that even if they all played at their best they would still lack the consistency needed for us to go on the sort of run that people expect us to go on (running away with second place).

My stance remains the same; unless results are really bad over the next month or it becomes clear that we aren't going to qualify for Europe next season then we should keep Warburton and review his position at the end of the season.

6 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

You asked me where is it getting better, and I told you where it's getting better. Before that you said you didn't see it getting better.  We've been playing okay at times; league football puts a demand on a team, any team, so it's not all pretty. The fact is that your points ignore that things have been improving, and that is despite us losing two very high profile midfielders. We have a threadbare midfield and that will be resolved this January, then we'll see us be even better.

Well no I don't see it getting better I don't see that in the performances at all until they prove me wrong and I hope it's on Wednesday and all through December I'll admit it's starting to get better if we can actually score more than 2 goals then it's getting better, last minute goals against partick, Dundee etc is not getting better 

Well no I don't see it getting better I don't see that in the performances at all until they prove me wrong and I hope it's on Wednesday and all through December I'll admit it's starting to get better if we can actually score more than 2 goals then it's getting better, last minute goals against partick, Dundee etc is not getting better 

So we could have been 3-0 up in 30 minutes against Ross County and you don't see it getting better; we came from behind with 10 minutes to go in the last match, and scored two goals that there brilliantly taken and you don't see it getting better, our defence, much maligned at the start of the season,  hardly loses a goal these days and has only lost 4 league goals in two months and you don't see it getting better. Whether you see it getting better or not is very much irrelevant I'd suggest. 

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

So we could have been 3-0 up in 30 minutes against Ross County and you don't see it getting better; we came from behind with 10 minutes to go in the last match, and scored two goals that there brilliantly taken and you don't see it getting better, our defence, much maligned at the start of the season,  hardly loses a goal these days and has only lost 4 league goals in two months and you don't see it getting better. Whether you see it getting better or not is very much irrelevant I'd suggest. 

We weren't 3-0 up against ross county but that's the reality, the reality we're living in is week in week out we're treated to the same pish performances every week that don't seem to get better we had good fortune with the last minute winners but as I said that will run out. So what chance have we got if we can't bury teams before the 90 minute mark?

We weren't 3-0 up against ross county but that's the reality, the reality we're living in is week in week out we're treated to the same pish performances every week that don't seem to get better we had good fortune with the last minute winners but as I said that will run out. So what chance have we got if we can't bury teams before the 90 minute mark?

The issue was is it getting better, and you say it isn't, because your idea of a team's performance isn't reality. The defence is better, it doesn't matter what you say to that; the team have had to adapt to losing the two players in midfield where a lot of hope was invested in; and despite dropping players others have came in and we have continued to win.You look at results when it suits you, because that we didn't score those goals against Ross County is suddenly important, but when we win the performances have been bad- for you a win with a bad performance is bad, and a draw with an excellent performance in the first half is equally bad. Unbeaten in the league in two months, but no, it's not getting better at all

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

The issue was is it getting better, and you say it isn't, because your idea of a team's performance isn't reality. The defence is better, it doesn't matter what you say to that; the team have had to adapt to losing the two players in midfield where a lot of hope was invested in; and despite dropping players others have came in and we have continued to win.You look at results when it suits you, because that we didn't score those goals against Ross County is suddenly important, but when we win the performances have been bad- for you a win with a bad performance is bad, and a draw with an excellent performance in the first half is equally bad. Unbeaten in the league in two months, but no, it's not getting better at all

Are you happy with our team at this moment in time?

Are you happy with our team at this moment in time?

Very much so. In a year and a half this club, not just the team, has become a more professional outfit, on and off the park. For now, I'm very happy. I see the foundations of success being laid; that is the important fundamentals in any organisation, and football clubs are no different. Mark Warburton is the right man for Rangers, and, given time and patience, will get it right here.

10 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Very much so. In a year and a half this club, not just the team, has become a more professional outfit, on and off the park. For now, I'm very happy. I see the foundations of success being laid; that is the important fundamentals in any organisation, and football clubs are no different. Mark Warburton is the right man for Rangers, and, given time and patience, will get it right here.

I'm actually a bit surprised at that but ok I'll accept it's your opinion.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I hope the fans will be patient with him.

If he does finish a good second this season I hope all the fans support him for next season.

Would hate for him to meet Kings targets then be pushed out.  Scum behaviour.