Realistically who would you have as Rangers manager?

Jamie0202

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like it or not the scum have raised their game with the signing of the tranny shagger and a few of their players. The only way we will get close to them is by doing the same. Guys like McInnes, Mcleish, McCall aren't the answer and unfortunately neither is Warburton. We have to push the boat out similar to the tarriers. 

2 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Like it or not the scum have raised their game with the signing of the tranny shagger and a few of their players. The only way we will get close to them is by doing the same. Guys like McInnes, Mcleish, McCall aren't the answer and unfortunately neither is Warburton. We have to push the boat out similar to the tarriers. 

We don't have any money. They will have taken about 150% of our turnover just from the champions league.

6 hours ago, gj923 said:

We don't have any money. They will have taken about 150% of our turnover just from the champions league.

We have 3 players on about £60k a week in wages between them sitting in the house watching Sky Sports news on a Saturday. No wonder we've no money FS!

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Levein and Neilson? Might be pedantic but aren't we above them in the league? Also what have they done of note ffs? A 3rd place finish after a year in the championship? Is that what is deemed success:lol:

Tommy Wright ffs:lol: Ach well, going down that route and you only allow Scottish football to continually die a slow death. 

Cellic seem to be able to play attacking football domestically so why can't we? Can't really buy anything in the transfer market with buttons can you. 

I don't think anyone in this thread is saying that Neilson or Wright would be the ones that they would choose to replace Warburton. I'd certainly be extremely underwhelmed if one of those ended up being our next manager. However, people are just looking at things from a realistic view of who might be board be considering.

I personally was taking into account the boards budget for the summer and asking myself whether another manager from down south, who underestimates the quality of the league, would be what they would realistically go for and came to the conclusion it wasn't. That it would be someone who can work with a restricted budget and knows the Scottish game inside out and came up with Wright. 

We need a considerable amount of investment in a few quality players in key positions to challenge Celtic and going by this summer considerable doesn't come close to what the board have put up and I think thats why these names are being mentioned. 

Just now, Jelavic191 said:

I don't think anyone in this thread is saying that Neilson or Wright would be the ones that they would choose to replace Warburton. I'd certainly be extremely underwhelmed if one of those ended up being our next manager. However, people are just looking at things from a realistic view of who might be board be considering.

I personally was taking into account the boards budget for the summer and asking myself whether another manager from down south, who underestimates the quality of the league, would be what they would realistically go for and came to the conclusion it wasn't. That it would be someone who can work with a restricted budget and knows the Scottish game inside out and came up with Wright. 

We need a considerable amount of investment in a few quality players in key positions to challenge Celtic and going by this summer considerable doesn't come close to what the board have put up and I think thats why these names are being mentioned. 

There's plenty, Neilson, Wright and McInnes have all been mentioned and have all yet to do anything of note which would deem them worthy of even being considered for the Rangers job. All play a similar style of ugly football and McInnes especially clearly doesn't have the mentality to handle pressure at Aberdeen, never mind Rangers. 

I agree, yes investment is needed but I'd trust MW over any of they 3 with a budget. Yes MW does have his flaws but they outweigh the apparent advantages of they 3. 

4 minutes ago, WGOH said:

I've said it time and time again, we need someone in who understands that the most important thing at Rangers is winning. In the boardroom and the dugout

Yup. 

Serious doubts about Warburton started for me when he said after getting fucked 5-1 off Celtic something about it just being another defeat. Or words to that effect.

Ridiculous thing to say and shows he doesn't get it.

46 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Yup. 

Serious doubts about Warburton started for me when he said after getting fucked 5-1 off Celtic something about it just being another defeat. Or words to that effect.

Ridiculous thing to say and shows he doesn't get it.

Possession doesn't win football matches in this league, but seemingly it does in Warburtons head. 

The way he always says it's all about us is just sentimental pish. 

16 minutes ago, WGOH said:

I've said it time and time again, we need someone in who understands that the most important thing at Rangers is winning. In the boardroom and the dugout

When I said that prior to MW being appointed I was told long term was important - style was important - a philosophy was important - and working within our means was fucking important - but it seems winning no matter how it's achieved is the only important thing. 

And yet I have bought into the MW philosophy and I realise building for the future does take time and now ( imho) is not the time to be flapping and changing course. 

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

When I said that prior to MW being appointed I was told long term was important - style was important - a philosophy was important - and working within our means was fucking important - but it seems winning no matter how it's achieved is the only important thing. 

And yet I have bought into the MW philosophy and I realise building for the future does take time and now ( imho) is not the time to be flapping and changing course. 

I would agree with you that the long term appointment and philosophy is important. However there are failings under MW on both those counts. 

We still have failings that were obvious a year ago that haven't been addressed and don't look like being addressed any time soon. We are rigidly sticking with a philosophy that doesn't suit the players we have and makes us the most predictable team to play against. 

I really would like Warburton to succeed but failing to adapt and learn - which he constantly goes on about - is unacceptable. 

3 hours ago, B1872 said:

Tbh, if we had the budget Celtic had during the summer to sign the quality players they had I think we'd be right up there with the tims. Warburton and Rodgers approach management in a similar way, same style, same tactics, same ideas, they've just got better players. If that had been the tims yesterday they would've had those chances buried and the three points in the bag before half time because they've got those types of match winners in the team and we do not. Warburton deserves plenty of stick but there isn't much he can do about players on the park missing clear cut chances like yesterday. 

9 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Tbh, if we had the budget Celtic had during the summer to sign the quality players they had I think we'd be right up there with the tims. Warburton and Rodgers approach management in a similar way, same style, same tactics, same ideas, they've just got better players. If that had been the tims yesterday they would've had those chances buried and the three points in the bag before half time because they've got those types of match winners in the team and we do not. Warburton deserves plenty of stick but there isn't much he can do about players on the park missing clear cut chances like yesterday. 

Great post, and it is amazing how often we as fans overlook the fundamental fact that successful teams are built purely on the quality of players, first and foremost. We do not have the best players in the league in our team, and yet at some level we ignore that.

3 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Maybe. But since February, we haven't improved at all. 8/9 months. do you believe that we will have improved within in the next 8/9 months?

Fact is Rangers is still a very good proposition for managers out there.

Warburton is on a decent penny for his role and a lot of managers as long as they are backed somewhat financially would fancy it, could be a stepping stone in most peoples eyes.

It isnt working with Warburton now and lets be honest if he was really good then another team would have pinched him before us.

Something needs to change.

People keep acting as if the only managers that exist in the world are McInnes and McLeish or the likes of those. When we appointed our last manager the two front runners were Warburton and Vitor Pereira. It could be anybody. Doesn't need to be someone from Scotland or someone who's managed us before. 

12 minutes ago, Tav's Bandage said:

Fact is Rangers is still a very good proposition for managers out there.

Warburton is on a decent penny for his role and a lot of managers as long as they are backed somewhat financially would fancy it, could be a stepping stone in most peoples eyes.

It isnt working with Warburton now and lets be honest if he was really good then another team would have pinched him before us.

Something needs to change.

Maybe we should open it up to applicants. If teams like Motherwell can attract 60 guys to the job then we should have no problem drawing a large list. Weed out the weak and generally shite and we may get our man, SAS style, ha