Realistically who would you have as Rangers manager?

Jamie0202

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

This - especially in the context of living within our means and building for the long term. We need some patience or we will become on of those clubs who flounder because they change manager every bad patch which achieves nothing 

I agree but patience is not something football clubs and supporters are generally over endowed with.  I remember the impassioned plea SAF gave to the Man u fans wehn he was leaving telling them that there job was to stick by the Manager - they stuck by him for 10 months.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MW knew he couldn't compete with the scum financially so tried to be clever with his signings. He signed experienced players like Kranjcar and Barton on free transfers hoping that them along with younger players around them we'd be able to push them hard in our first season back. The alternative was signing more players from the lower leagues in England in which case we wouldn't have a chance competing this season IMO. I think the majority of fans (myself included) saw Barton and Kranjcar as decent signings. Its a gamble which for obvious reasons hasn't worked. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Now the main focus should be second place. I think this can be achieved this season but obviously things must improve. IMO MW deserves the season at least, see where we are come May and then review the situation.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

We have lost 13 league goals 5 of which came against the bheasts in an awful performance. So 8 goals in 11 other games. We're ranked 3rd in league and 3rd defensively.

Sunday's goal loss was poor from our perspective but well worked so credit has to go to RC.

We have undoubtedly improved defensively. We're not brilliant but we're not the shambles we were.

A bit of recognition of the facts wouldn't go amiss.

Aye we have slightly improved , nothing to write home about though .heart is still in our mouths whenever we concede a corner or keirnan is on the ball ,  we lost a sloppy goal at pittodrie to fall behind and about 4 times afterwards in that game they nearly caught us out with the same type of ball .As I said I agree there has been an improvement there but is still not good enough 

Let's be honest most clean sheets we have managed this season have not been on the back of a solid defensive display , sometimes it has been down to the oppositions poor finishing. Fact is the better teams I.E celtic , Aberdeen and st Johnsone have all took advantage of our defensive weakness 

47 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Mark Warburton

Fucking grow up you lot.

People are entitled to their opinions. 

You don't see anyone that's saying Warburton should stay and remain in charge getting told to 'fucking grow up' etc.

I think Warburton's a busted flush. He's too stubborn to change or adapt but I can't argue against giving him until the end of the season and then seeing where we are and making the decision then - even if I think it might be a struggle to get second place. 

Not ideal, but I don't think it's ideal changing managers halfway through the season either as frustrating as things are at the moment. 

6 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Yeah warburton is building for the long term!, senderos ,hill ,kranjcar ,Miller gilks ,Barton ,there's 6 long term appointments taking roughly 100grand a week out the club,that's your idea of living within our means!,warburtons bad patch has lasted months, and his failure to change his system ( which doesn't work) is the most stubborn thing I've seen from any Rangers manager in 40 years of watching Rangers

:lol: miller is class for us - hill is bringing much needed experience to the defence - Gilks has proven himself as a great backup keeper and Kranjar is injured - building for he future doesn't just mean but young players and wait - it means setting a tone - developing the youth and experience in the squad is needed for that! 

Patience is horrible, isn't it?

It's our first season back and everything isn't immediately perfect. One week it's "Great performance, it's finally coming together" then the following week "Sack the manager!"

Give us a break. We can see what he's trying to do and it's showing signs of gaining momentum. It takes months usually for new players to gel; along with a different system it will probably take even longer.

This season is preparation for next. Some things take time. Be fucking patient.

3 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

:lol: miller is class for us 

He really isn't.

He tries, he runs, he moans, but if you were objective and look at what as a no9 he has delivered this season, he is not class. Our number 9.

Not even saying he needs dropped as no one has shown they deserve a jersey more than him.

Not one player has got pass marks for us this season imo.

That's my wee bit in that.

I just about still back MW to keep the thread on track ☺

On 8 November 2016 at 3:18 PM, The Tavernator said:

It's our first season back and everything isn't immediately perfect. One week it's "Great performance, it's finally coming together" then the following week "Sack the manager!"

Give us a break. We can see what he's trying to do and it's showing signs of gaining momentum. It takes months usually for new players to gel; along with a different system it will probably take even longer.

Can we afford to be patient? The nonce will win 6 in a row this season if we stick with MW and the same bad signings and tactics are repeated a year from now that's 7 in a row. 

It's also highly unlikely now MW is going to allowed to spend any kind of big money on players so the only way he could change things now is adapt different tactics and formations and that's never going to happen even by his own admission.

While I agree it does take time to gel a squad are things really going to turn around from the situation of not being able to beat teams like Ross county, Hamilton and Alloa at home in 2016 to having a team on the park that can win titles?

On 08/11/2016 at 3:03 PM, Bluepeter9 said:

:lol: miller is class for us - hill is bringing much needed experience to the defence - Gilks has proven himself as a great backup keeper and Kranjar is injured - building for he future doesn't just mean but young players and wait - it means setting a tone - developing the youth and experience in the squad is needed for that! 

Miller is certainly one of our best players and after three Transfer windows that tells a story.

On 11/8/2016 at 3:18 PM, The Tavernator said:

Pish talk. 

As I have said to others and will say to you, this "be fucking patient" pish is defeatist shite. At what point do you stop being patient? What happens if we get our arses felt throughout December and end up going into the new year in fucking 7th place, for example? Do you still hold true to your pro-warburton super staunch values, or do you accept that the bloke simply doesnt have it? 

The line has been crossed for some and there is no way back. Respect their fucking opinions and dont denigrate them as if they are any less a bear than you for suggesting that a rookie manager who has made an absolute cunt of a transfer window and who cannot seem to get the second highest paid squad in the league to perform is out of his depth and needs jettisoned. 

I don't think he will be our manager come the January transfer window.

Based on how we have played so far I look at Hearts away followed by Aberdeen at home and later in the same month St Johnstone away followed by celtic at home as games that I don't expect us to take much from and if those results don't go our way I think that's when the majority will turn on him and the boards hand will be forced.

10 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I don't think he will be our manager come the January transfer window.

Based on how we have played so far I look at Hearts away followed by Aberdeen at home and later in the same month St Johnstone away followed by celtic at home as games that I don't expect us to take much from and if those results don't go our way I think that's when the majority will turn on him and the boards hand will be forced.

I think warburton should be given till end of season as it stands but agree with above.

A few draws and a defeat then a defeat at home to them by a few goals, all of which is quite realistic , then i honestly think there is no way back for him

30 minutes ago, RFC16 said:

I think warburton should be given till end of season as it stands but agree with above.

A few draws and a defeat then a defeat at home to them by a few goals, all of which is quite realistic , then i honestly think there is no way back for him

I've also maintained that he should get the season provided we look like we are going to finish best of the rest. My main worry is that to do that we are going to have to win the bigger games, which we haven't looked like doing so far and with so many of them coming up in a small space of time it genuinely has me concerned about how things are going to go. It's certainly going to be an interesting few weeks.

21 hours ago, KWBear said:

Pish talk. 

As I have said to others and will say to you, this "be fucking patient" pish is defeatist shite. At what point do you stop being patient? What happens if we get our arses felt throughout December and end up going into the new year in fucking 7th place, for example? Do you still hold true to your pro-warburton super staunch values, or do you accept that the bloke simply doesnt have it? 

The line has been crossed for some and there is no way back. Respect their fucking opinions and dont denigrate them as if they are any less a bear than you for suggesting that a rookie manager who has made an absolute cunt of a transfer window and who cannot seem to get the second highest paid squad in the league to perform is out of his depth and needs jettisoned. 

:lol: What exactly were your expectations for this season?

Like 99% of Rangers fans I presume you hoped we would win it but realistically 2nd and a return to European football would be sufficient?. We are one point off that particular spot at the moment having been managed by a rookie manager... 

You're using hypothetical situations to back up your claim that the manager should be sacked. It's just as easy for me to say, well we've won 5 and lost one in December, were sitting clear in 2nd and now 6 points behind the tarriers do we still sack the manager? :lol: