Kanchelskis

Laudrup1690

11 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Yip they were excellent. iirc some of he games they played in Europe from about 94/95 onwards in the CL were amongst some of the best I've seen. 

He was a tremendous footballer but like you I don't think he hit those heights for us

I'm sure he got quite a bad injury, maybe at Fiorentina and he seemed to brick it at every 50/50 tackle.

He would sprint down the wing then stop and pass it back the way or sideways. He was devastating on the occasions he would just keep going though.

I mind I sat outside Ibrox to meet some players(he hadn't kicked a ball for us yet) and he came out and signed my bit of paper. I wished him luck and told  him to tear teams apart and he just gave me a screensaver look that a Ukrainian gives a Glaswegian when they think they have grasped the English language only to be disappointed to learn that Scottish is like a whole new scenario.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, gsa said:

Very important in terms of the shape of the team. Gave us an out ball and ate up the grass. Our other midfielders were generally Ferguson, Van Bronckhorst and Albertz none of whom had any real pace. 

Thats a good point and way of looking at it. 

In the European matches and Celtic he did flatter to decieve 

On 08/11/2016 at 9:40 PM, Laudrup1690 said:

Just watched a video of us hammering  st johnston 7-0 from years ago and seen him give a few assists and got me thinking how did people actually rate him?

i was buzzing when we signed him but thought he didn't really live up to expectations!

At £5.5 million we were robbed , had a few decent games for us , a 4-0 win against the mhanky mob at Ibrox stands out but Man Utd got the best out of him

On 08 November 2016 at 9:40 PM, Laudrup1690 said:

Just watched a video of us hammering  st johnston 7-0 from years ago and seen him give a few assists and got me thinking how did people actually rate him?

i was buzzing when we signed him but thought he didn't really live up to expectations!

he was keech

On 08/11/2016 at 10:09 PM, Ibroxholm said:

Don't think his play ever justified the amount we paid for him. Maybe unfair but always equate the reported 5.5m paid on him with the 3m we got for cashing in on Gazza a few months earlier.  Even all these years later, still convinced the latter move ultimately cost us 10 in a row.

I know what you mean, but he was surprisingly prominent in the season videos, suggesting he was more involved than we may have thought at the time.

I suppose, for that much cash spent, we were expecting him to tear it up all the time!