Realistic transfer targets

stevemac

2 hours ago, sammy cox said:

All about opinions but im sticking with mine and that we need goals and that means an out and out goal scorer.To many games and to many chances squandered by all the front line,Miller,Garner,Waghorn,Mckay etc. As I say games are won by outscoring the opposition and we are obviously not.The goals for which our front line have contributed this season is pish.You can look at the midfield and perhaps lay some of the blame but the facts are there in black and white we are not scoring enough goals,they are all missing those few chances that come along.Thats the difference between an average striker and a good striker,taking those few chances that come along.

Aye and nothing to do with the build up attacking play that takes around 20mins for each attack and by that time, the opposing full team bar 1 have made their way into the box.

if rossiter can get and stay fit, he should play week in week out.  If not then we need a really good cm and also a creative midfielder before a striker imo.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

Aye and nothing to do with the build up attacking play that takes around 20mins for each attack and by that time, the opposing full team bar 1 have made their way into the box.

if rossiter can get and stay fit, he should play week in week out.  If not then we need a really good cm and also a creative midfielder before a striker imo.

Aye that's right.If a chance is made after 4 passes or 24 makes no difference if the man finishing it misses.No point in having midfielders creating chances for forwards to miss them.Our problem isn't losing goals it's not scoring enough and the table shows us all that.Chances have been made in every game we have played,Sunday being a prime example yet one goal scored.Good chances have been created and squandered all season to quote MW who repeats it often enough " we are not clinical enough "

1 hour ago, sammy cox said:

Aye that's right.If a chance is made after 4 passes or 24 makes no difference if the man finishing it misses.No point in having midfielders creating chances for forwards to miss them.Our problem isn't losing goals it's not scoring enough and the table shows us all that.Chances have been made in every game we have played,Sunday being a prime example yet one goal scored.Good chances have been created and squandered all season to quote MW who repeats it often enough " we are not clinical enough "

It absolutely does make a difference,  if you've played football you'd know that.  Warburton made 3 changes on Sunday and those 3 changes were the front three, were actually the problem was the midfield.  

Our slow build up play is very pedictable and one dimensional - we need to have guys on the park who get defenders turning - not allowing them to play where they can see.

Agree we can get more outta our strikers, we change the formation and system and I would guarantee we would see better individual performances,  team solidity and us winning more.

How much u reckon it would cost to get a clinical striker you refer too, someone that will take these limited chances we create on a regular basis?

1 minute ago, He's blue he's white said:

It absolutely does make a difference,  if you've played football you'd know that.  Warburton made 3 changes on Sunday and those 3 changes were the front three, were actually the problem was the midfield.  

Our slow build up play is very pedictable and one dimensional - we need to have guys on the park who get defenders turning - not allowing them to play where they can see.

Agree we can get more outta our strikers, we change the formation and system and I would guarantee we would see better individual performances,  team solidity and us winning more.

How much u reckon it would cost to get a clinical striker you refer too, someone that will take these limited chances we create on a regular basis?

Whether I've played football or not is nothing to do with anything.I and plenty more have seen to many chances missed by all especially our forward line just like Sunday, Miller and Garner.The table does not lie.Outwith the scum game and the 2 we lost to Aberdeen the last one of those 2 debateable we are losing a goal a game or less.Our trouble is we are not scoring to finish these teams off.If you think signing more midfielders is the answer by all means that is your opinion.I on the other hand believe that no matter who plays in the middle our front line are not finishing whatever chances are created.

In answer to your question about how much a clinical striker would cost we only have to look at the scum and Dembele and that will give you an idea of what can be done in this pishy league.

How much do you think you will pay for your CM and creative midfielder?

We need goals plain and simple.The chances which have been created have not been put away and that is the difference between winners and losers.

On 08/11/2016 at 11:03 PM, stevemac said:

Wondering what folks suggestions are for transfer targets in the upcoming window?

Heard about this rushian kid from villa, but from what i gather he's no really a priority signing as most of us know we need someone to make the defence rock solid and a winger that can beat a man and put it in the box. Striker probably won't be addressed with us splashing on garner so I suspect any activity will be to aid the supply to the strikers and warbs is banking on garner and waggy pulling their fingers out and finishing chances.

I often see people posting names of players and rough transfer values so just thought I'd see if a thread could get going listing players, where there from and whether they are realistic (all probably sub £1m with the financial situation)

Getting Barton off the wage bill is a big help towards us bringing some talent in.

So what do yous reckon? WATP

Willow Flood is realistic under the current strategy - just saying. 

17 hours ago, sammy cox said:

Whether I've played football or not is nothing to do with anything.I and plenty more have seen to many chances missed by all especially our forward line just like Sunday, Miller and Garner.The table does not lie.Outwith the scum game and the 2 we lost to Aberdeen the last one of those 2 debateable we are losing a goal a game or less.Our trouble is we are not scoring to finish these teams off.If you think signing more midfielders is the answer by all means that is your opinion.I on the other hand believe that no matter who plays in the middle our front line are not finishing whatever chances are created.

In answer to your question about how much a clinical striker would cost we only have to look at the scum and Dembele and that will give you an idea of what can be done in this pishy league.

How much do you think you will pay for your CM and creative midfielder?

We need goals plain and simple.The chances which have been created have not been put away and that is the difference between winners and losers.

It's all about opinions mate, I would rather we spent the money on a couple of midfielders - if Waghorn does indeed leave then possibly a forward then, however I still don't see that as the priority area.

Dembele is one of those situations that is just very fortunate - he would normally cost 5mil upwards I would reckon...similar to young Rossiter.

I hope he gets and stays fit as I think he can be a real standout star player for us, and one that should generate a huge profit.

We will see 2/3 loan players in January at best sadly. 

24 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think theres only one or two games we have not scored in this season even when we do score we cant stop the other team scoring defence is frail as fuck.

We have the third best defensive record in the league, yet we are in 6th place in terms of goals scored with 16 goals in 12 games.

We need a striker, a CB, a winger and a CM. However, due to circumstances there's no way we're going to get another striker or CB.

So a winger and a CM.

Sam Nicholson? Only seem him a few times, didn't do anything in one game but looked great in the others. So this is more of a question than a suggestion and I'd have no idea how much he'd cost. But I'm thinking it might be over a £1m.