• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Said before why was he not in the team, 

I would play 3 -5-2 with Trav and Wallace as wingbacks 2 centre mids an attacking mid with Dodoo just off Garner up front  

This one through the middle at times does not work and this could be an alternative some games.

But got to love his first goal, an absolute peach, and I love the way this team plays for 95 mins. 

Massive 3 points going to Tynecastle, beat Hearts and its us or the sheep for second. 

I've championed the 3-5-2 for a while now.  It would play to our strenghts more.  

He took his goals well both of them and deserves a start in midweek but we are dealing with a manager that took off Forrester in the 70th odd minute when it was nothing each.

So Joe might well be taking is usual spot on the bench time will tell I guess.

He has scored 1 goal every 87 minutes he has played for us including cup matches or 1 goal every 96 minutes in only league matches.

He doesn't look the greatest of players but I'd like to see what he could do given a run of games as someone that can put the ball in the net is what has been missing.

33 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I'm not joining in the wankfest some are having over him but players should be playing on merit and hes earned his place for the next game. Lets see how he can perform for the 60 minutes Warburton may give him. 

Agree with that and not getting carried away with the two goals. Joe took his two chances and looked composed and cool as he did so. If he says he plays well with Miller at training, and it showed today, then surely MW can see that and give it a go cause plan A isn't working and Garner is lost.

Interesting to hear Warburton praise Joe's work ethic.  I think he said Joe was first into training and last to leave and does individual training work with Davie Weir.   Good for him and I hope the effort pays off for him.    Just as interesting to hear Warburton mention that Joe is another player who has knocked on his door asking about prospects of playing.    We know Waghorn has also done this.   Wonder how much of a queue is building up outside Warburton's door.  This too from the manager who insists that players in the squad must be able to see their way to the starting 11 and from someone who regularly mentions using the squad as a whole and having confidence in the whole squad.  

Maybe it will be Hodson next.   Or Senderos (is he still with the Club?).    Or Crooks.   And in due course Rossiter.   

Despite his confidence in the whole squad it seems some are used more sparingly than others but even with that I don't think Warburton knows what is strongest starting 11 is.

11 minutes ago, Basrah Bear said:

Agree with that and not getting carried away with the two goals. Joe took his two chances and looked composed and cool as he did so. If he says he plays well with Miller at training, and it showed today, then surely MW can see that and give it a go cause plan A isn't working and Garner is lost.

Garners shit mate, needs serious development and has to learn to communicate better with the man up top with him. 

10 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Interesting to hear Warburton praise Joe's work ethic.  I think he said Joe was first into training and last to leave and does individual training work with Davie Weir.   Good for him and I hope the effort pays off for him.    Just as interesting to hear Warburton mention that Joe is another player who has knocked on his door asking about prospects of playing.    We know Waghorn has also done this.   Wonder how much of a queue is building up outside Warburton's door.  This too from the manager who insists that players in the squad must be able to see their way to the starting 11 and from someone who regularly mentions using the squad as a whole and having confidence in the whole squad.  

Maybe it will be Hodson next.   Or Senderos (is he still with the Club?).    Or Crooks.   And in due course Rossiter.   

Despite his confidence in the whole squad it seems some are used more sparingly than others but even with that I don't think Warburton knows what is strongest starting 11 is.

I believe the stories of Waghorn having a bit of an issue with the tactics and no guaranteed place every week. I dont agree with him if its true ( i do on the tactics) but the team seems in dissaray just now, no communication or willingness to go back/forward to assist. Is Warburton tellin them to retain position and not to help out when attacking/defending? If not then i think there are issues in the squad. 

4 hours ago, Tam Müller said:

stating the obvious here but he showed exactly what we've been missing. Composure in front of goal. Two very well taken goals and a decent on target effort from the outside of the box.

Dont think anybody would argue waghorn or Garner would've tucked those away.

Not going overboard but i think he should be given a chance in the middle against 

took his chances well which is more than can be said of the rest of our so called forwards.

1 hour ago, Liam_RFC said:

When garner Miller and waghorn haven't scored lately and dodoo comes on and scores two really good goals it's worth taking the risk on Wednesday and playing him threw the middle

I agree- but neither him or the other names are the answer. 

16 hours ago, sammy cox said:

took his chances well which is more than can be said of the rest of our so called forwards.

He did indeed mate. Picked his time to show us what he can do. Not going to get carried away with his performances for one game but would have no complaints about him in the middle of the final third for wednesday 

49 minutes ago, Tam Müller said:

He did indeed mate. Picked his time to show us what he can do. Not going to get carried away with his performances for one game but would have no complaints about him in the middle of the final third for wednesday 

Yes being realistic and not getting carried away but he has managed to do what our other forwards haven't managed in the league and scored two goals in a game.Took both chances well which as I say is more than Miller or Garner have done.Manager has to start thinking outside the box as far as Miller and Garner are concerned.Both are pish poor finishers and their lack of finishing has cost the team countless points this season so far.

22 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

Saw Senderos in the subs dugout areas yesterday

23 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I've championed the 3-5-2 for a while now.  It would play to our strenghts more.  

I'd be panicking, thought Kiernan was the one at fault for the Partick goal yesterday, went for a header with his head and neck into his shoulders.