Rangers Standards REMAIN Rangers Standards!

StaunchLondonGer

This season is well and truly done unless Celtic fuck up monumentally. So the thinking is towards next season, is Warburton just going to make loads of shitey signings on pensioners or is he going to actually sign some cunts who can win us games and then is he going to change his mentality when its not working or is he going to keep it the same. Thats why i think we should give him another season, if he fucks up again sack him. easy

Also dont expect our "european journey" to last long we have zero coefficient points so well probably leave pretty early on

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MaestroNiko said:

This season is well and truly done unless Celtic fuck up monumentally. So the thinking is towards next season, is Warburton just going to make loads of shitey signings on pensioners or is he going to actually sign some cunts who can win us games and then is he going to change his mentality when its working or is he going to keep it the same. Thats why i think we should give him another season, if he fucks up again sack him. easy

Also dont expect our "european journey" to last long we have zero coefficient points so well probably leave pretty early on

Bleak, but fair...

We can all moan and I've done so plenty of times myself but we wont reach the standards we're used to in the short term without a lot of money. If we get rid of Warburton and bring in some old skool type manager as would probably happen then we will never reach those standard without money even over the long term. I believe we have the right manager but no money so we need to give him time. I don't think Smith or Advocaat would do much better with no money in a year. We'd probably concede less goals, score a few more, and finish with some extra points this season but we would be going nowhere in the long term until big money came in.

Be interesting to see how Warburton does at a club with a decent wedge should we bump him and the opportunity arise. We'd probably end up regretting our decision whilst moaning about having to watch a slightly more powerful version of Aberdeen. I hope to fuck our board keep cool heads as this is a crucial time for us. I can see us becoming nearly as pathetic as that lot in the early 90s should we make the wrong call. Amazing the difference 3 or 4 good players can make to a team that usually dominates games.

Keep the faith :541:

7 hours ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Poor performance after poor performance and STILL a good proportion on here are bending over backwards to make excuses and somehow find positives. Maybe the budget hasn't been "Tim-sized" but there's been enough TIME and enough MONEY spent for us to be brushing aside wee teams like Partick and Ross County 3-0 or 4-0 without breaking sweat.

To be perfectly honest, I fail to relate to Rangers fans "happy just to be back in the SPL this season". I mean...what the FUCK is that all about????? Seems to me that kind of attitude is FUCKING SUBSTANDARD for any true bear! Are these people also willing to accept mhedia bias, SNP bias, twisted Lawell-led SFA bias etc etc etc.... Is that the bed we now have to lie in?

Stand the fuck up and be counted FFS. It's NOT acceptable for Rangers people to be so FUCKING APATHETIC!!!

If we fight like fuck on the pitch with pride and passion and we show CLEAR PROGRESS and we end up second this season then alright. But we're not even at Christmas, we're completely stagnant, Warburton looks increasingly like a one-trick pony and folk on here are saying "well, compared to Ally..." like that is suddenly some kind of fucking benchmark!!!

Seriously, is Ally McCoist's managerial tenure acceptable to you as a fucking reference point for a Ranger's performance??

We could easily have lost the last two games and the odd individual flourish does not disguise a weak, directionless team.

We MUST NOT allow the rancid Bheggar/SNP/Mhedia hoards of Rangers-haters who have tried to destroy us over the past four years to redefine our expectations (let alone our identity)! Solid, substantial progress MUST be made THIS fucking season.

For Scotland should be in no doubt. We are still the biggest. We are still the best. And we will dominate again. Deep down in his bitter wee heart Timmy knows this and it fucking chokes him.

WATP!

Mate, like most, (I am sure) yourself included I am utterly consumed with Rangers. Every day I am in the company of Rangers fans in one way or another.  I can honestly say I have never heard a single bear say "happy just to be back in the SPL".  There is without doubt split opinion on what are realistic objectives this year but like I say, never have I came across that point of view.  If those 'happy to be here' Bears are out there its no wonder you cannot relate, if however you are referencing the fairly large section of our support who have (angrily, with frustration and grudgingly) took a different view on their expectations this year then I think you are way wide of the mark to be questioning whether they are also: these people also willing to accept mhedia bias, SNP bias, twisted Lawell-led SFA bias etc etc etc.... Is that the bed we now have to lie in?

Honestly mate, it does not sit well with me that my own expectations of this year are not the same as what I would have always expected from a Rangers team in the SPL. I do feel however (and I might be wrong) that we continue on a journey back to the top following the almighty shafting which began in 2012.  Like I say, I might be wrong on making allowances this year, I totally accept that but by fuck, no way does that go hand in hand with accepting  Bheggar/SNP/Mhedia hoards of Rangers-haters.

If I am reading this all wrong, genuinely accept my apologies however my point of view is its important not to get into a mindset of anyone who has a different perspective from you around what is realistic on the park this year is by default accepting or tolerant of the scum that hate and continue to attack our club and way of life.  

As for....For Scotland should be in no doubt. We are still the biggest. We are still the best. And we will dominate again. Deep down in his bitter wee heart Timmy knows this and it fucking chokes him. - Spot on fella!

I don't believe we deserve to win every game. That would be naive.

What I believe is if we play well, create chances, play with a positive attitude but still get beat by a better team, that's life.

But the dross we are being served up at present ticks none of these boxes, apart from the last one.

I fully understand the concept of 4-3-3, it is supposed to be an attacking formation that controls the football and creates goals.

It seems either our players and or our management have not grasped it.

We continually pass the ball back or sideways so often putting the keeper under pressure, expecting that he will get us out of trouble. The number passes that go straight to opposition players, not intercepted by them, as Tom Miller constantly claims, but passed straight to them. Are some of our players colour blind, can't discern blue from other colours.

We have no midfielders that are willing or capable of taking on an opposition midfield and creating space for our forwards.

McKay is a pussy of the first order, shirks any physical contact, Garner is the opposite he thinks he is a hardman, dealing out punishment to everyone. Was lucky to stay on the field yesterday.

5 hours ago, markem said:

Mate, like most, (I am sure) yourself included I am utterly consumed with Rangers. Every day I am in the company of Rangers fans in one way or another.  I can honestly say I have never heard a single bear say "happy just to be back in the SPL".  There is without doubt split opinion on what are realistic objectives this year but like I say, never have I came across that point of view.  If those 'happy to be here' Bears are out there its no wonder you cannot relate, if however you are referencing the fairly large section of our support who have (angrily, with frustration and grudgingly) took a different view on their expectations this year then I think you are way wide of the mark to be questioning whether they are also: these people also willing to accept mhedia bias, SNP bias, twisted Lawell-led SFA bias etc etc etc.... Is that the bed we now have to lie in?

Honestly mate, it does not sit well with me that my own expectations of this year are not the same as what I would have always expected from a Rangers team in the SPL. I do feel however (and I might be wrong) that we continue on a journey back to the top following the almighty shafting which began in 2012.  Like I say, I might be wrong on making allowances this year, I totally accept that but by fuck, no way does that go hand in hand with accepting  Bheggar/SNP/Mhedia hoards of Rangers-haters.

If I am reading this all wrong, genuinely accept my apologies however my point of view is its important not to get into a mindset of anyone who has a different perspective from you around what is realistic on the park this year is by default accepting or tolerant of the scum that hate and continue to attack our club and way of life.  

As for....For Scotland should be in no doubt. We are still the biggest. We are still the best. And we will dominate again. Deep down in his bitter wee heart Timmy knows this and it fucking chokes him. - Spot on fella!

Morning mate. Good post and I can see why you've interpreted me that way. I was using the phrase "happy just to be back in the SPL" to represent people on here agreeing with expert pundit McCoist that it will take 4-5 years until we can challenge again; or referencing MW's special "footballing ethos" like it is some magical fucking thing that is somehow making our club stronger whilst on the pitch we continue to play gash; or suggesting that after MW has had over a year to fashion is own squad we can at least be thankful he's doing better than Ally. These views are depressing to me. I TOTALLY acknowledge that we have been rebuilding and that it takes time. However, we are Rangers (biggest fan base in Scotland, BEST fan base i the world, 2nd biggest budget in the league) and I believe that we can reasonably demand clear signs of progress on the pitch at EVERY stage of the way. Of course, I respect every Bear's view on this, but I think it's CRUCIAL that (as a complete support) we don't lose our traditional, winning mentality. And that means demanding of the manager and players (and the Board) the standards befitting of our great football club.  

Now, to your second point. You are quite correct to criticise me for drawing a clumsy alignment between acceptance of our current team's performances and acceptance of the anti-Rangers agenda that we face every day in the New Scotland. I stand corrected on this. Without going off on a rant, I can only say that there has been a clear shift in attitude within Scotland towards Rangers and its people thanks to the constant, malicious anti-Rangers narrative being promoted though much of the media, the SNP and the SFA. It has been going on for years but was stepped up ten-fold when we entered administration. I hate to see any signs that these efforts by our enemies are in some way diluting the traditional pride and integrity of our support whereby certain folk in Rangers cyber-land adopt an almost apologist attitude towards aspects of our club and its heritage. In my opinion, it is important that we remain resolute and uphold our traditional values, never allowing our enemies to compromise all that it means to be a Ranger. They would love to have a fraction of what we have, and their hatred is born purely of envy.

However, standards in this regard are not related to standards of play on the pitch and should be considered a separate issue. So fair point buddy.

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

So how do we do it and with what?

Remember going to Ibrox in the early 70s and drawing with shite teams ( in a 18 team league) then loosing at Clyde and Morton. Then with basically the same squad winning titles and trebles a few years later. The team needs time IMO 

10 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Morning mate. Good post and I can see why you've interpreted me that way. I was using the phrase "happy just to be back in the SPL" to represent people on here agreeing with expert pundit McCoist that it will take 4-5 years until we can challenge again; or referencing MW's special "footballing ethos" like it is some magical fucking thing that is somehow making our club stronger whilst on the pitch we continue to play gash; or suggesting that after MW has had over a year to fashion is own squad we can at least be thankful he's doing better than Ally. These views are depressing to me. I TOTALLY acknowledge that we have been rebuilding and that it takes time. However, we are Rangers (biggest fan base in Scotland, BEST fan base i the world, 2nd biggest budget in the league) and I believe that we can reasonably demand clear signs of progress on the pitch at EVERY stage of the way. Of course, I respect every Bear's view on this, but I think it's CRUCIAL that (as a complete support) we don't lose our traditional, winning mentality. And that means demanding of the manager and players (and the Board) the standards befitting of our great football club.  

Now, to your second point. You are quite correct to criticise me for drawing a clumsy alignment between acceptance of our current team's performances and acceptance of the anti-Rangers agenda that we face every day in the New Scotland. I stand corrected on this. Without going off on a rant, I can only say that there has been a clear shift in attitude within Scotland towards Rangers and its people thanks to the constant, malicious anti-Rangers narrative being promoted though much of the media, the SNP and the SFA. It has been going on for years but was stepped up ten-fold when we entered administration. I hate to see any signs that these efforts by our enemies are in some way diluting the traditional pride and integrity of our support whereby certain folk in Rangers cyber-land adopt an almost apologist attitude towards aspects of our club and its heritage. In my opinion, it is important that we remain resolute and uphold our traditional values, never allowing our enemies to compromise all that it means to be a Ranger. They would love to have a fraction of what we have, and their hatred is born purely of envy.

However, standards in this regard are not related to standards of play on the pitch and should be considered a separate issue. So fair point buddy.

Cheers buddy.  In all honesty when I see you point of view laid out like that I do not disagree with any part of it - you are bang on. :541:

14 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

What makes you so sure?

What have you seen this season to suggest we can go to places like Tynecastle/Pittodrie/Torbett Towers and pick up points?

For the majority of the season we have been poor , I can think of one game , home to Killie , where I think we've played well and maybe 2/3 others where we've done just alright . 

And yet , we're second in the league albeit with a game more played . I'm not saying that's a great achievement , more likely it shows how shit the rest of Scottish football is . 

My point being , I really think we are at our lowest just now and we're still second . I honestly do think we will get better as the season goes on , players will gel , moves will start to come off and a wee run of wins will cement that second place . 

15 hours ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Poor performance after poor performance and STILL a good proportion on here are bending over backwards to make excuses and somehow find positives. Maybe the budget hasn't been "Tim-sized" but there's been enough TIME and enough MONEY spent for us to be brushing aside wee teams like Partick and Ross County 3-0 or 4-0 without breaking sweat.

To be perfectly honest, I fail to relate to Rangers fans "happy just to be back in the SPL this season". I mean...what the FUCK is that all about????? Seems to me that kind of attitude is FUCKING SUBSTANDARD for any true bear! Are these people also willing to accept mhedia bias, SNP bias, twisted Lawell-led SFA bias etc etc etc.... Is that the bed we now have to lie in?

Stand the fuck up and be counted FFS. It's NOT acceptable for Rangers people to be so FUCKING APATHETIC!!!

If we fight like fuck on the pitch with pride and passion and we show CLEAR PROGRESS and we end up second this season then alright. But we're not even at Christmas, we're completely stagnant, Warburton looks increasingly like a one-trick pony and folk on here are saying "well, compared to Ally..." like that is suddenly some kind of fucking benchmark!!!

Seriously, is Ally McCoist's managerial tenure acceptable to you as a fucking reference point for a Ranger's performance??

We could easily have lost the last two games and the odd individual flourish does not disguise a weak, directionless team.

We MUST NOT allow the rancid Bheggar/SNP/Mhedia hoards of Rangers-haters who have tried to destroy us over the past four years to redefine our expectations (let alone our identity)! Solid, substantial progress MUST be made THIS fucking season.

For Scotland should be in no doubt. We are still the biggest. We are still the best. And we will dominate again. Deep down in his bitter wee heart Timmy knows this and it fucking chokes him.

WATP!

Anyone can have a look at me rant on their 85th post. Did I miss the part where you made well thought out suggestions on how to improve things?

11 hours ago, tyabb bear said:

2nd is ok THIS year as under the circumstances that is the best we could hope for, but next year we should be making a challenge at the title as well as hopefully a wee run in Europe 

As i said, this season is done and dusted and our "European adventure" isnt going to last long at all because we will be unseeded in every fucking round and unless Warburton makes good signing we probably wont be winning 55 next season either

29 minutes ago, Ger77 said:

Anyone can have a look at me rant on their 85th post. Did I miss the part where you made well thought out suggestions on how to improve things?

Well thought out suggestions on how to improve things :lol:

Aye, cause Warburton will be on here to read them shortly. 

16 hours ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

WATP!

Good post and emotional, probably the words 'stagnant under those feeding off the gullible for their own blue pound agenda and willing to accept long term bridge building with those putting us in harms way to whore it out' would've covered it, but what do I know know I only want The Rangers back on top asap, like NOW and although I Hate the mutton molestors with passion I hope they fuck the paedos today to help fuck them for the perish the thought this seasons treble! I'm somewhat selfish but ! :sherlock:

1 hour ago, wullyRFC said:

Talk about idiotic.

So it's impossible to finish second without winning away at Aberdeen hearts or Celtic? 

That's what you're saying? 

Yeah you're right. Idiotic. 

It's 3 points for a win. Doesn't matter where you pick them up. The SPL don't give you extra pints for winning away at any of those grounds. 

4 hours ago, gsa said:

So it's impossible to finish second without winning away at Aberdeen hearts or Celtic? 

That's what you're saying? 

Yeah you're right. Idiotic. 

It's 3 points for a win. Doesn't matter where you pick them up. The SPL don't give you extra pints for winning away at any of those grounds. 

When you are drawing at home to relegation battling teams then aye you need to beat the teams you are battling with away. 

We were never the better team away to Aberdeen either we created nothing and our defending was woeful.

9 hours ago, gmcf said:

For the majority of the season we have been poor , I can think of one game , home to Killie , where I think we've played well and maybe 2/3 others where we've done just alright . 

And yet , we're second in the league albeit with a game more played . I'm not saying that's a great achievement , more likely it shows how shit the rest of Scottish football is . 

My point being , I really think we are at our lowest just now and we're still second . I honestly do think we will get better as the season goes on , players will gel , moves will start to come off and a wee run of wins will cement that second place . 

2nd should be a given, 1st was probably always a challenge too far this season but I can't get my head around the attitude of some that anything below 2nd can be considered positive