James Tavenier

steven33jackie

Wasn't at the game today but followed the stream at work, saw a post about Tav looking good in midfield , I have long thought this should be tried more often and have Hodson at right back. It worked well for Ricksen when he moved into the midfield after a poor start to his Rangers career at right back.

Thoughts ? 

1 minute ago, steven33jackie said:

Wasn't at the game today but followed the stream at work, saw a post about Tav looking good in midfield , I have long thought this should be tried more often and have Hodson at right back. It worked well for Ricksen when he moved into the midfield after a poor start to his Rangers career at right back.

Thoughts ? 

I have said this before, mate. Love to see it happen .

1 minute ago, steven33jackie said:

Thoughts ? 

yes, especially now that Clint can't play the Hearts game and we are decimated in midfield. Back line of Hodson Wilson Kiernan Wallace, mids Halliday (DM) JT and HF/Jason Holt...

Tavernier.

He came on as a sub into midfield, a few runs forward through the middle, looked comfortable. Hodson had a great game at right back, and based on Tav's form over the past few weeks, I would give Hodson a shot again against Hearts.

Whether Tav is effective as a midfielder remains to be seen. 

1 minute ago, SuperTav said:

Tavernier.

He came on as a sub into midfield, a few runs forward through the middle, looked comfortable. Hodson had a great game at right back, and based on Tav's form over the past few weeks, I would give Hodson a shot again against Hearts.

Whether Tav is effective as a midfielder remains to be seen. 

Yeah sorry about the spelling a little bit dyslexic (probably spelt this wrong :) 

42 minutes ago, ex-guardsman said:

What I never got was it worked fairly well against the bheasts then changed it back he should have stuck with it as Hodson is a better defender.

nah it didnt work against the tarriers, their midfield battered us that day,

tav isnt positionally good enough for centre mid, or smart enough to read the game and know when to stay etc, he'd go bombing up the park when he's our last midfielder and leave a huge fucking hole

could he play on the right of the front 3 however is a different matter, but any position that requires defending is a no no from me for tav,

16 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

nah it didnt work against the tarriers, their midfield battered us that day,

tav isnt positionally good enough for centre mid, or smart enough to read the game and know when to stay etc, he'd go bombing up the park when he's our last midfielder and leave a huge fucking hole

could he play on the right of the front 3 however is a different matter, but any position that requires defending is a no no from me for tav,

he needs to play on the right of a midfield 4. When he does that he has Hodson right behind him and can get forward as well. That says 4-4-2 - but actually when you look at it - its not that far removed from today - just a bit more defensively minded.

If he starts 4-4-2 with Hogson at RB and Tav right in front he can still have Holt Halliday - and say Mackay on the left mid with Miller and Garner or Waghorn up front.

Its not a million miles from what we had today - it just sets us up a bit more solidly

Guest Lloyd72
56 minutes ago, Torontoblue76 said:

yes, especially now that Clint can't play the Hearts game and we are decimated in midfield. Back line of Hodson Wilson Kiernan Wallace, mids Halliday (DM) JT and HF/Jason Holt...

No way can we drop any of the players from today that team today should Be our team vs hearts

1 hour ago, centenarystand said:

The good thing is we didnt concede any goals from the right back area.....

Actually thought when he was coming on it was going to be for O'Halloran for a bit of protection as they were continually going down that side but Hodson had it covered most of the time.